Man neighbors suck sometimes. Opinions?

-
I am fortunate.
This is what I get when the neighbors animals come visit.

IMG_1186.JPG

Trust no unknown dog. He might think his dog is just fine, but it might be in new circumstances in someone else's yard. Call animal control. After a few fines most people get the idea. I have had several. Most from rescues and then rehomed. Mostly pitbulls. Even one of my current ones, she loves everyone and will run up, fall over, and give you her belly, but drop an unpredictable toddler her size that's running 100mph in different directions in front of her and she gets edgy. I kept her because I don't trust someone else to handle her. Also just had an incident with a family members dog that got a hold of their newborn by the bottom lip and tore it requiring a bunch of stiches on both sides. Then got the teenager who trying to pull the dog off the infant.. New situation, nobody paying attention, and the baby started crying. After the hospital, the authories got involved and she hid the dog. A week later she turned over the dog. 2 bite law here and the dog has never bit anyone before but as far as I'm concerned she should have been charged with child endagerment. Should have never happened. They knew the dog was sketchy to begin with.

The concerns about pitbulls are not without merit. Pitbulls for the most part are generally very loving, friendly and affectionate but there's still alot of game dogs out there. The female I have is a little beat up, has had her teeth filed, and was bred out by the previous owner. I believe she was a bait dog. She follows me room to room or follows me around the yard. She won't go outside without me. Never leaves the yard. She is usually no more then 10 feet from me but I have had issues with my neighbors dogs and my neighbors themselves when their dogs have entered my yard. When I moved here I met my neighbor walking the property line with my dog. Told me all about his badass 75 lb pit and I told him he's coming over and he better keep him in his yard. When this dog entered my yard my dog kept herself in between me and him untill he got within 10 feet.When he postured she was on him. 45lbs lit him up. They all keep their dogs in their own yards now. I never thought she had it in her because she's so docile otherwise.

Last edited:
Trust no unknown dog. He might think his dog is just fine, but it might be in new circumstances in someone else's yard. Call animal control. After a few fines most people get the idea. I have had several. Most from rescues and then rehomed. Mostly pitbulls. Even one of my current ones, she loves everyone and will run up, fall over, and give you her belly, but drop an unpredictable toddler her size that's running 100mph in different directions in front of her and she gets edgy. I kept her because I don't trust someone else to handle her. Also just had an incident with a family members dog that got a hold of their newborn by the bottom lip and tore it requiring a bunch of stiches on both sides. Then got the teenager who trying to pull the dog off the infant.. New situation, nobody paying attention, and the baby started crying. After the hospital, the authories got involved and she hid the dog. A week later she turned over the dog. 2 bite law here and the dog has never bit anyone before but as far as I'm concerned she should have been charged with child endagerment. Should have never happened. They knew the dog was sketchy to begin with.

The concerns about pitbulls are not without merit. Pitbulls for the most part are generally very loving, friendly and affectionate but there's still alot of game dogs out there. The female I have is a little beat up, has had her teeth filed, and was bred out by the previous owner. I believe she was a bait dog. She follows me room to room or follows me around the yard. She won't go outside without me. Never leaves the yard. She is usually no more then 10 feet from me but I have had issues with my neighbors dogs and my neighbors themselves when their dogs have entered my yard. When I moved here I met my neighbor walking the property line with my dog. Told me all about his badass 75 lb pit and I told him he's coming over and he better keep him in his yard. When this dog entered my yard my dog kept herself in between me and him untill he got within 10 feet.When he postured she was on him. 45lbs lit him up. They all keep their dogs in their own yards now. I never thought she had it in her because she's so docile otherwise.
I used to have a ''big'' Rottweiler, and now have a rott/blue healer mix. He is a loving, affectionate dog, until u make a fast move toward me. When I discovered this I was really surprised, guess he likes me ! Kinda proud of him. He has two sets of upper canines that mesh perfectly w/ his bottom canines, so he has the equipment ! My big rott. that I had to put down was dog killing s.o.b., I still miss him!

To make a clarification, a "pit bull" is not an actual breed of dog, they are all part of the terrier group, but not a specific breed!!

ii 've had a couple of rotts. good stock dogs, healers. not scared of a 1200 # horse. got them into a trailer or stall. loving dogs. great guard dogs. I trust NO dog around children.

There is no broken glass, but it is set up to add barb/razor wire in the future. Here is a close-up of the same wall: My brother is in prison, so I guess we enjoy the same security (LOL).

DSC00516.JPG

I think "Sketchy" is a very good name for a dog.
Oh, that's not a name, is it?
Well, it's still a good name.

My "rule of thumb" is never go on vacation somewhere that people are trying to get out to come here.
why said anything about vacation?

perhaps i thought you might have gone there once on a missions trip, or to dig a well for the poor kids of farawayistan

(or perhaps, your married to one of the offspring form some people who made it out there to get here? thats how i wound up going there)

well, perhaps you inferred something i did not imply

and i dont mind stupid names for dogs, but i DO mind stupid names for kids
i wont list the ones ive heard because i can guarantee you someone will get offended...but here are a few No-Nos
lasts names
rivers
cities
animals
months
names that sound like strippers
colors
anything that starts with "da" ends with "sha" or otherwise sounds klingon
and finally, any name where the PARENT can not tell me what it means

and another thing...who did anyone loose a soapbox?

well, perhaps you inferred something i did not imply

perhaps i thought you might have gone there once on a missions trip, or to dig a well for the poor kids of farawayistan

Now, why would you have inferred that I might have gone on a mission trip?
Never mind that.

Truth is that I had hoped by this stage in life I would have been able to use my life's resources to do that very thing.
But Someone had other plans for me, I guess.
Vacations are also not happening.
So both points are "moot".
How about Jesse for a name? (Get the joke?)

Now, why would you have inferred that I might have gone on a mission trip?
Never mind that.

Truth is that I had hoped by this stage in life I would have been able to use my life's resources to do that very thing.
But Someone had other plans for me, I guess.
Vacations are also not happening.
So both points are "moot".
How about Jesse for a name? (Get the joke?)

just tossing the missions trip out there as one of the option for traveling to south america
i could had just as easily suggested drug runs...but missions trips sound so much nicer :)

and thanks for reminding me of Jesse ( i gotta admit, i didnt catch the joke) i almost forgot to add "non gender specific names" to the list

just tossing the missions trip out there as one of the option for traveling to south america
i could had just as easily suggested drug runs...but missions trips sound so much nicer :)

and thanks for reminding me of Jesse ( i gotta admit, i didnt catch the joke) i almost forgot to add "non gender specific names" to the list

533040.png

Holy smokes I wanted to make a comment about Post Number One and read through the first page and by the second page they were on a lapso Apso dogs which I had one was my first dog LOL then I skipped to the second page and 4th page then skip to the fourth page. ANYWAYS ---
My wife and I literally struck gold with our neighbors and have pretty great people all the way around us. With that said we're still looking for property out a ways and would like our own. As for the dog my main concern would be about it crapping in my yard which would immediately get flung with a shovel over into theirs. Beyond that it's not the dogs fault and I'd probably give it treats and kill the whole situation with kindness. Sometimes remember keeping your enemies closer? I understand you don't want anybody close but that dog is definitely not your enemy. Never know if you treated it nice enough and it's there in the neighborhood it may save you! LOL
Take my answer here or my two cents worth with a grain of salt please we have dogs and are responsible dog owners.

-
Back