Man neighbors suck sometimes. Opinions?

-
I have a suggestion....

Call a Pit Bull rescue organization near you and tell them about the dog. Tell them it's a nice dog, but runs free all the time and you think it's being mistreated.

I can almost guarantee that someone will swoop up the dog and find a new home for it.

I've dealt with dog rescue organizations before. The people involved can be very aggressive about getting the dog off the street and into a home where it will be taken care of.

Best idea yet!!!!

When I was stationed in England, there was a wife in the neighborhood that locked up a German Shepherd in a closet whenever the husband when to work (12 hours). My wife got word of it and talked the owners into letting us have it. We called out the Ministry of Defense and they evaluated the dog to work for them. They accepted the dog to become a Ministry of Defense dog!!

Another family got reassigned and left a dog abandoned in the house! We broke in a rescued the dog and found a good home for it.

Great ideal of telling the rescue organization it may be mistreated. Let them take it.

My good friend has 2 rotties. Biggest babies on the planet. But strangers are **** scared when they pull up in their car. As it should be.
My yard it 9 acres, if the neighbors dog craps in my yard thats fine, just not on my doorstep.

Other dog down the road comes in my yard and marks all my wheels, cant get close enough to kick his ***,they came over with him one day,i pointed at my dogs run,said i dont let my dog wander, perhaps you should do the same.

There are also laws about cleaning up after your pets,they obviously dont abide by them.

my neighbors are probably saying something like that about me.

I can already hear "that weird chick moved next door and tore down one fence to access the backyard with a big *** trailer and put up another fence to partially hide a bunch of piece of crap cars.
She also tore down an old shed and put two cats on patrol to get rid of the mouse problem, dang I ain't seen no mouse in a solid two months" :) :)

Seriously, I am sure not everyone likes our old cars

View attachment 1715104674

View attachment 1715104675

View attachment 1715104676

View attachment 1715104677

View attachment 1715104678
Is the grille on your red 74 dart the same grille and trim i sold you off my parts car? If so it looks good.

I don't know the specific laws in Your neck of the woods, but I'm fairly certain most have adopted the same basics, in the Commonwealth of PA a canine must be under
control at all times !!!
That means; in a cage, behind a fence they can't clear/dig under, on a leash with somebody on the other end capable of controlling it (not a 6yr.
old taking it for a potty break), on a chain capably anchored, or like suitable runs. Anything else is a violation, and the Canine Officer/Animal Control will come out and
confiscate the animal. The owners can retrieve the animal for a small fee(read -fine-), but it's three strikes and You're out, so You'd be three simple phone calls away here.

Is the grille on your red 74 dart the same grille and trim i sold you off my parts car? If so it looks good.
No, it came with the car and it has a broken tooth.

I bought yours as a spare for the dart sport but it will probably end up on this car

You may just think about befriending the dog. By how you described the way it approached you, it sounds like it may be friendly. Good dogs can be a neighbors best friend too- scaring off potential burglars and such.

As mean as it sounds, I doubt this dog is a "Good Dog". Good dogs have healthy owner relationships and know their place. This dog was raised by people who (I assume according to the OP) give it no correction, boundaries, or purpose. These are the dogs, not matter how friendly, that become a real liability.

It's not the dog's fault. And it sucks.

To the point of this post, they let the pit wander the local neighborhood unattended.
We do have leash laws, but they ignore that completely saying "He's a good dog."

I try to mind my own damn business just as I ask of others, but you see where my dilemma is on the dog being anywhere at any given time around the house and yard, cars and family including two year old twin Grand kids.
Our back yard is fenced, but the front where our cars are is not.
I don't want to report them really, possibly adding to the problems the guy already has, but dammit it's a loose pit for one, on my property at any given time for another, AND there is a law about loose animals.

What would you do?
If I go and try to explain the concerns to him he'll come off with some attitude and excuse why it's fine and I'll end up going to jail for knocking his *** out. (I hear his attitude all the time, and it's definitely a prison attitude) and he is one of those puffy chested ignorant little pricks with Respect tattooed on his neck.
The Dog didn't do anything wrong but just be a normal acting friendly dog.
Calling and reporting it would probably just end up being an everlasting fiasco with the Father and Son both since they both seem to think the same way.

Opinions?

Unfortunately, I have the same problem with multiple neighbors in this compact subdivision we live in. It is like a mental institution for neglected canines.

Never pet the dog or interact with it in any way besides shooing it off your property. It's hard to do and feels mean, but the dog's feelings won't be hurt. In fact, it will probably welcome the structure it is desperately lacking from it's owners.

Get a sonic dog trainer/deterrent. Any time the dog is out of it's yard or barking press the button and shoo it away.

Are they renters or owners?

As mean as it sounds, I doubt this dog is a "Good Dog". Good dogs have healthy owner relationships and know their place. This dog was raised by people who (I assume according to the OP) give it no correction, boundaries, or purpose. These are the dogs, not matter how friendly, that become a real liability.

It's not the dog's fault. And it sucks.

are we talking about the pit or the pedo?

Are they renters or owners?

No idea, as I have never talked to them.
The last neighbor I had issue's with was talking **** off his front porch to our Daughter and I called him on it, telling him to get his chicken s**t a** of his porch and
talk to me if he had something to say and he did, with a baseball bat telling me he's going to kill me with it and leave me laying in the ditch.
I asked him if he was going to stand there on deck all day or step up to the plate with that bat and he flipped out screaming.
As he started towards me (in my yard) the police came around the corner and threw him over the hood of their car putting hand cuffs on him while I took my .380 auto out of the back of my pants, set it up on the roof of my truck and stepped away a few steps.

The guy was in the back seat in hand cuffs and I told the cop to explain to him just how close he came, and it was so easy I could get him back in that same situation again any time I wanted, and I would if I ever had a problem with him again.
The cop laughed (they know him) and went and told him, and I have never heard a word out of him since.
This guy had a meth lab set up in his back yard, and we always heard the girl that lived there screaming and begging for him to stop whatever it was, so I had a fair handle on who this guy was and knew I wouldn't have gotten in too much hot water over it if I just rid the neighborhood of him in my own yard threatening to kill me.
The other people up and down the block heard all of it except what I was saying to him, because he was screaming it and beating the bat on the ground coming towards me as the cops came around the corner.
He was about 2 steps from not living around here any more.

No idea, as I have never talked to them.
The last neighbor I had issue's with was talking **** off his front porch to our Daughter and I called him on it, telling him to get his chicken s**t a** of his porch and
talk to me if he had something to say and he did, with a baseball bat telling me he's going to kill me with it and leave me laying in the ditch.
I asked him if he was going to stand there on deck all day or step up to the plate with that bat and he flipped out screaming.
As he started towards me (in my yard) the police came around the corner and threw him over the hood of their car putting hand cuffs on him while I took my .380 auto out of the back of my pants, set it up on the roof of my truck and stepped away a few steps.

The guy was in the back seat in hand cuffs and I told the cop to explain to him just how close he came, and it was so easy I could get him back in that same situation again any time I wanted, and I would if I ever had a problem with him again.
The cop laughed (they know him) and went and told him, and I have never heard a word out of him since.
This guy had a meth lab set up in his back yard, and we always heard the girl that lived there screaming and begging for him to stop whatever it was, so I had a fair handle on who this guy was and knew I wouldn't have gotten in too much hot water over it if I just rid the neighborhood of him in my own yard threatening to kill me.
The other people up and down the block heard all of it except what I was saying to him, because he was screaming it and beating the bat on the ground coming towards me as the cops came around the corner.
He was about 2 steps from not living around here any more.
Make that not living period

Couple across rhe street use to let their little dog out 2 or 3 times a day. It would walk across the street and crap in my front yard or in my driveway. I asked them on a couple of occasions to keep their dog on a leash and not allowed over to my yard to crap. They wouldn't do it. They had a real lovely driveway that they kept painted asphalt black so that it just shined. One day after the dog took a crap in my driveway I picked it up with a shovel walked over to their shiny black driveway and drop the pile right in the middle of it. After that they put their dog on a leash when it was time for it to crap

Sometimes I wonder if putting up with the dogs isn't a whole lot easier than putting up with the people.

You got that right some VERYYYYYYYYYYYY stupid people in this country,I know dogs and cats that are smarter then the owners!!

You got that right some VERYYYYYYYYYYYY stupid people in this country,I know dogs and cats that are smarter then the owners!!
you got dogs and cats, do ya. lmao ya set yourself up for my reply. just for the record I'm smarter than my pit Blazer, but not by much. ha ha.

Couple across rhe street use to let their little dog out 2 or 3 times a day. It would walk across the street and crap in my front yard or in my driveway. I asked them on a couple of occasions to keep their dog on a leash and not allowed over to my yard to crap. They wouldn't do it. They had a real lovely driveway that they kept painted asphalt black so that it just shined. One day after the dog took a crap in my driveway I picked it up with a shovel walked over to their shiny black driveway and drop the pile right in the middle of it. After that they put their dog on a leash when it was time for it to crap
Awesome, but i woulda flung it at their front door myself.

I agree with your sentiments, however its not your place to take those matters into your own hands. Well maybe in your neighborhood it is, based on your talks with the local constabulatory where you live, however that may not be the same case where trailbeast lives, and following your advice which might work in your area, might open a bigger problem where he lives. Let animal control handle it.

Just like it isn't the dog owner's place to allow the dog to roam when there are leash laws. He's breaking the law.

Just like it isn't the dog owner's place to allow the dog to roam when there are leash laws. He's breaking the law.
You remind me of my 11 year old, always got to have the last word on a subject no matter how ridiculous your answer might sound. Have at it, you win.

Last edited:
You remind me of my 11 year old, always got to have the last word on a subject no matter how ridiculous your answer might sound. Have at it, you win.

It's not about that at all man. There are two sides to every story. Have you ever had to make the decision to shoot an animal before? I have and it's not very pleasant.

I'm sure its not. Nor have i ever had to shoot someones pet. However re read your response, it sounds like your making the case for 2 wrongs making 1 right. Now we can go round n round on this, and never see eye to eye, and thats ok. But we dont know how it is in trailbeasts neighborhood. Does he live in a closely populated suburban neighborhood? If so then thats why you let animal control deal with it, keep records, or like another person mentioned the adopt a pitbull groups. Sounds like you live in the sticks, with little to no neighbors next door to you. Like the deputy sheriff mentioned, kill it and bury it, but you didnt hear that from him. Two different locations, and population counts in the neighborhoods. What works in your location, might not work in his, or open a bigger can of worms with mr prison tat neighbor. We all have given him advice, and thats great!! Its easier sometimes to make a decision when you get multiple points of view and can select one to use, or a combinatiin of the above. In the end i think he will decide on what to do that best suits him and where he lives.

Last edited:
I speak from experience. Been bit 2 times in my life. Both times, by my Aunts lhaso apsos.
I guess I have a rare Lhasa Apso.He is 14 now and would lick a human to death but when we had our acreage in Colorado he was hell on Rabbits.

IMG_0120.JPG

The best (all) neighbors live at least 10 miles away. My life has always been this way.

Last fall I moved to Tx to be with the love of my life. We live 5 miles out of a small town on 5 ac. . Neighbor to the West live on 10 ac with her 2 grown sons and some pit bulls, which came on our property and killed my 2 min. dachunds. long story, but they basically don't care. they put up a fence and I have not found their dog off their property since, although it can get thru.

MY desire is to kill that dog. Tx has pretty strict laws against such. But, only reason I have not done so anyway, is we have 2 cow dogs and these "neighbors" would no doubt poison ours to get back.

When my wife retires in 2 years, we will sell out and MOVE. Yep, NO neighbors within 10 miles. All stray dogs bigger than my dogs will get shot. Sorry.

I had terrible problems with next door neighbor for years until they moved. Police or ambulance next door every weekend! Screaming and fighting, doors slamming, 5-6 cars in and out the driveway at all times. Best part was the screaming parrot they kept in the patio outside my bedroom window! Oh, and a Pitbull AND a Rotweiler than would knock the gate open and growl at me as I worked on my car! It could have went two different ways... and almost went the wrong way when one night I lost it and screamed "I am going to kill that bird!" and they heard me INSIDE their house. LOL. Next day we had a talk along the property line, the bird was now kept INSIDE the house and I could sleep again. Bottom line, TALK to your neighbors, they can't read your mind... but they can sure HEAR it when you scream your thoughts in the middle of the night hahahahahaha.

P.S. The day they moved (7 years later) the wife said, "I bet you are glad we are leaving huh?" I just smiled and wished her the best. I now have neighbors that are a 9 out of 10. PEACE AT LAST. I do not make any noise before 8am, no air tools air dark either. Respect works both ways.

-
Back