massive reconfiguration time again.

-
Since I kind of have the front together I was able to give that new front bumper a test fit and was extremely pleased. I had some conversations I can't remember which which company last year when I was considering all this. I tested the rear bumper that I got at a swap meet and it seemed like a replica of the stock bumper. Meaning when I tucked it up close the ends would stick out way too far. So I've already resolved the fact that I'm going to have to cut it in two places and bring it in. I can't cut it in the middle or else it would make a 6in wide license plate openings. I remember calling and asking if this could be corrected at the factory and wasn't able to get a satisfactory answer. But it seems as if this front bumper has been corrected. When I put it up against the front it didn't seem to stick way out too far out on the sides like the back does.

How's that third hand you had attached to your wife working out has she manage to use it with the ratchet yet?
Well since my back is killing me and I'm working obviously on the ground and all she's been very kind and comes out every now and then and hands me wrenches and will like turn the steering wheel back and forth when I need the suspension maneuvered around a little bit. Always a tremendous help.

I thought you are retro old school. what's with those front wheels. look like they belong on a KIA. lol

I thought you are retro old school. what's with those front wheels. look like they belong on a KIA. lol
Yeah it's been an age-old problem of mine to put the correct wheels and tires on this car. Those are actually off of a 05 Hemi Magnum. There what I call my street rims and tires. And also I have my newer slicks and newer front skinnies on there set of used rims. And I have those rims that came off that truck which are just stock 6in I think.

I can just fold down the back seat put a pair of gloves, the Slicks, a jack and a tire iron there and Off to the Races!
LOL

I can just fold down the back seat put a pair of gloves, the Slicks, a jack and a tire iron there and Off to the Races!
LOL
you might have to drive to Yakima to race YR. it be nice for you to beat him on his home turf. or at least he would be out of excuses. lol I'm sorry I polluted this thread about the race, I just had to. he needs some motivation !

you might have to drive to Yakima to race YR. it be nice for you to beat him on his home turf. or at least he would be out of excuses. lol I'm sorry I polluted this thread about the race, I just had to. he needs some motivation !

Way closer for me if he comes over here for damn sure.

BTW...I thought you were going to the swap meet this weekend??? I hear it's raining its arse off over there.

Just put in X block under small block engines and it brings up the stroker versus X block thread and yes please keep that over there as best as possible please thank you there is that whole thread for it like you said.
Way closer for me if he comes over here for damn sure.

BTW...I thought you were going to the swap meet this weekend??? I hear it's raining its arse off over there.
Yeah it's way easier for me and closer for me if you come here that's for damn sure! And yes I totally quoted you and everything on that thread about the swap meet on events on the forum? Have you looked?

Actually put in a lot of time today getting a lot of the little stuff all tacked together. Lots and lots of T's to dot and I's to cross.
Put all the clutch rods, clips, boot, and cut the hole in the carpet for it. And on and on and on like that....

Well this is the third year in a row I've missed the first hole in the hood race because of the swap meet. But usually it rains out the first race and this year was no exception so I don't start out behind in the points.
IMG_1580.jpg

How's that third hand you had attached to your wife working out has she manage to use it with the ratchet yet?
Hey Jadaharabi (hate typing all that.... lol), you should try and make it to Cordova on the 21st. My son has arranged a "cordova drag cruise" (weather permitting) with some of his friends. It grew as they invited others. So far, about 20 cars are supposed to be there from his cruise... LOL. He is 18 and really excited. So far a Hellcat, ScatPak, along with a bunch of everything else. He has a GT 'stang, but i doubt they let him run as it has a cracked windshield.

Anyways, if you have any interest.........

Hey Jadaharabi (hate typing all that.... lol), you should try and make it to Cordova on the 21st. My son has arranged a "cordova drag cruise" (weather permitting) with some of his friends. It grew as they invited others. So far, about 20 cars are supposed to be there from his cruise... LOL. He is 18 and really excited. So far a Hellcat, ScatPak, along with a bunch of everything else. He has a GT 'stang, but i doubt they let him run as it has a cracked windshield.

Anyways, if you have any interest.........
And this has what to do with my massive reconfiguration? It's almost looks like a p.m.? Lol

And this has what to do with my massive reconfiguration? It's almost looks like a p.m.? Lol
Well, by page 17 i think we've left the massive redo a time or two.... :D

Ok, back to the topic, and no more derailing.... whether it be snowmobiles, or anything else (includes u too, YR :D)
Onward, J par! :usflag:

Well, by page 17 i think we've left the massive redo a time or two.... :D

Ok, back to the topic, and no more derailing.... whether it be snowmobiles, or anything else (includes u too, YR :D)
Onward, J par! :usflag:
So it's no mystery that my threads often go sideways but I feel it my duty to kind of keep trying to steer them back on track. No problem whatsoever just trying to keep the rudder pointed forward.

So it's no mystery that my threads often go sideways but I feel it my duty to kind of keep trying to steer them back on track. No problem whatsoever just trying to keep the rudder pointed forward.
For whatever reason, some make it a point to derail your threads...... it's like a drug, just can't resist :lol:

Now, give us a update!!!!!!!!!!!!

For whatever reason, some make it a point to derail your threads...... it's like a drug, just can't resist :lol:

Now, give us a update!!!!!!!!!!!!
Update: I'm right now calling around getting quotes for the front windshield which seems to be one of the last Frontiers. The old one was so smoked I was not going to look through it ever again when I decide to pull it out. That along with the front suspension which is now done. Actually that needs an alignment before I go anywhere also. Was hoping to Prime the oil and drop the carbs on and get it started today. Yesterday I did a little bit of an electrical test on my new wiring and so far the fans work and the water pump works and the gauges light up. I do seem to have some kind of power draw though just a small one but...

Update: I'm right now calling around getting quotes for the front windshield which seems to be one of the last Frontiers. The old one was so smoked I was not going to look through it ever again when I decide to pull it out. That along with the front suspension which is now done. Actually that needs an alignment before I go anywhere also. Was hoping to Prime the oil and drop the carbs on and get it started today. Yesterday I did a little bit of an electrical test on my new wiring and so far the fans work and the water pump works and the gauges light up. I do seem to have some kind of power draw though just a small one but...
you are using an electric water pump?

I wonder if there's anywhere to get those little window Chrome clips for the windshield locally? I seem to be missing quite a few.

j par your doing a great job and your many differant threads are so informative and entertaining. Don't let a little side chatter bother you it doesn't us. It jusf adds to the build.
By the way it snowed here today so not getting anything done on my rides.
Trying to get ready for the Rockford swap meet tbis weekend but truck isn't playing nice. So i'm j paring it. A little here an a little there trying to get it done.
How's that third hand doing?
ja

j par your doing a great job and your many differant threads are so informative and entertaining. Don't let a little side chatter bother you it doesn't us. It jusf adds to the build.
By the way it snowed here today so not getting anything done on my rides.
Trying to get ready for the Rockford swap meet tbis weekend but truck isn't playing nice. So i'm j paring it. A little here an a little there trying to get it done.
How's that third hand doing?
ja
LOL I say stay on track for myself just as much as everybody else LOL good Lord if I can keep it under control I'm sure nobody else is willing to. Well I just had a great day today as far as the duster goes. First off the mail lady came and said this boxes been in here all weekend I'm glad it didn't get stolen which was my direct connection windshield decal. So I started out today pulling the distributor out but before I did I marked everything. The timing mark the direction the distributor was pointing. I even Mark the cam gear and the distributor oil pump gear and everything and still somehow put it in backwards? It was almost blatantly obvious when I try to start it pop pop hesitation pop has atation pop pop backfire hesitation. So sure enough I move all the spark plugs around exactly 180 degrees and va-room! That was the first Fiasco and then of course I started popping fuses in my new electrical system! LOL I had 20 amp fuses along the main power line coming in from the trunk. It first blew the 20 amp fuse next to the trunk and I replaced it with 30. Then I restarted and it blew the fuses again. I looked up close to the front and it blew the 20 amp fuse there and I replace that with a 30 amp fuse. Now that goes to a series of fuses that run quite a few things that I have 20 amp fuses on. I believe I was just pulling too much through those 20 amp fuses. After that everything seem to run fine of course I had that new header wrap on in that smoke pretty good, but I knew what it was. We have are one beautiful day of opportunity here and I was able to drive it up to the corner and back but the front end was so out of alignment it wasn't even funny. Had my wife out pumping the brakes so I can get them all blad and have some breaks. All in all it was a pretty good day for the Duster. I have a lot of little things I need to do now again just kind of getting all the spark plug wires rearranged again correctly. I still have to finish putting the grill in the headlights and a little bit of wiring up front but no big deal. It'll be stuff that keeps me occupied for the next week or so I have an appointment on Friday to have the windshield put in and any good day next week I have a tentative appointment for an alignment. Tomorrow my friend is bringing our car trailer for me to use so I'll have that here when the time comes for alignment.

LOL I say stay on track for myself just as much as everybody else LOL good Lord if I can keep it under control I'm sure nobody else is willing to. Well I just had a great day today as far as the duster goes. First off the mail lady came and said this boxes been in here all weekend I'm glad it didn't get stolen which was my direct connection windshield decal. So I started out today pulling the distributor out but before I did I marked everything. The timing mark the direction the distributor was pointing. I even Mark the cam gear and the distributor oil pump gear and everything and still somehow put it in backwards? It was almost blatantly obvious when I try to start it pop pop hesitation pop has atation pop pop backfire hesitation. So sure enough I move all the spark plugs around exactly 180 degrees and va-room! That was the first Fiasco and then of course I started popping fuses in my new electrical system! LOL I had 20 amp fuses along the main power line coming in from the trunk. It first blew the 20 amp fuse next to the trunk and I replaced it with 30. Then I restarted and it blew the fuses again. I looked up close to the front and it blew the 20 amp fuse there and I replace that with a 30 amp fuse. Now that goes to a series of fuses that run quite a few things that I have 20 amp fuses on. I believe I was just pulling too much through those 20 amp fuses. After that everything seem to run fine of course I had that new header wrap on in that smoke pretty good, but I knew what it was. We have are one beautiful day of opportunity here and I was able to drive it up to the corner and back but the front end was so out of alignment it wasn't even funny. Had my wife out pumping the brakes so I can get them all blad and have some breaks. All in all it was a pretty good day for the Duster. I have a lot of little things I need to do now again just kind of getting all the spark plug wires rearranged again correctly. I still have to finish putting the grill in the headlights and a little bit of wiring up front but no big deal. It'll be stuff that keeps me occupied for the next week or so I have an appointment on Friday to have the windshield put in and any good day next week I have a tentative appointment for an alignment. Tomorrow my friend is bringing our car trailer for me to use so I'll have that here when the time comes for alignment.

About that front end alignment. Don't let some punk kid do that to your car. You use a shop that has a guy that knows how to do the 60s and 70 front end alignments. Because believe me the ones that have not done those older Mopars they will screw it up.

-
Back