May have found my next project.

-
I will give him a few days and call him next week and have the cash in hand when I talk to him.

Well I gave him a few months to think about it and called him tonight. LOL. I offered him $1,000 in cash and can pick it up on Friday. He just said "give me a little longer to think about it". It's been like 6 months already!!!! It's not looking good. I hate to see this mopar rot away like that. It would be such a cool car restored.

Well I gave him a few months to think about it and called him tonight. LOL. I offered him $1,000 in cash and can pick it up on Friday. He just said "give me a little longer to think about it". It's been like 6 months already!!!! It's not looking good. I hate to see this mopar rot away like that. It would be such a cool car restored.

I'd sweeten the deal a little, what does he like? maybe a cheap pistol, shot gun, chain saw or something, seriously-- I've trade guns on cars ever since I was 14..

Have a buddy go by there every few days and offer him $500 for it.... Theres ways to get through to him..

Thanks for the advice guys, but I honestly think that this guy doesn't want to sell it. He just doesn't want to admit it. I will give him a couple of days to make a counter offer.

Thanks for the advice guys, but I honestly think that this guy doesn't want to sell it. He just doesn't want to admit it. I will give him a couple of days to make a counter offer.

It's a shame that a lot of people just let them sit and rot away, I know a guy thats let a '69 road runner sit and rot since 1975.. If you really want it I wouldn't give up until he says "it's not for sale"...

I sure hope you get this cool Roadrunner Badart :tongue9::cheers:
I can't believe no one has said anything about the road wheels on it, or do they call these wheels Style Wheels ? they are worth $800 alone.... Wow how did I mis this thread :clock:

Magnum 500 wheels, i have a set in my garage just like them centers are chrome with painted rim covered by a trim ring off of a 70 charger,i got them from the orig.owner going to put them on my barracuda.

Magnum 500 wheels, i have a set in my garage just like them centers are chrome with painted rim covered by a trim ring off of a 70 charger,i got them from the orig.owner going to put them on my barracuda.
Thank you lou3500 :happy10: There is a 76 Fury wagon for sale in town and he had those wheels on it and was asking $3.500 so I went and looked at it and the wheels was not on the wagon :angry7:
I asked him what happened to them, sold wheels and new tires for $1.100 to a friend of mine, know he is asking $2.500 for it.
Magnum 500 wheels are the way to go on Dodge :cheers: congratulations and thank you for the info :happy10:

Or he does want to sell it but just needs a nudge. My suggestion if you don't hear from him in a few days, go see him again and be as persuasive as possible without pleading with him, and let him know it's now or never. And then shut up and see what he says. Sometimes people need a 'defining moment' in order to make a decision.

I really hope you find a way to get it, that is a seriously cool car. Even the crazy column shifter 8)

I usually take a case of beer with me, it seems to work.

Not always a good idea, when I was young an stupid my cuz an I were riding around drinking hunting cars, I bought a sweetazz vega body off a boy for $50, we were so wasted we couldn't remember were it was the next day, I'm still pissed about that..

Not always a good idea, when I was young an stupid my cuz an I were riding around drinking hunting cars, I bought a sweetazz vega body off a boy for $50, we were so wasted we couldn't remember were it was the next day, I'm still pissed about that..

Now that's funny.

This is a running complete roadrunner. not a satellite. $2000, easily

From my past 30 years of car haggling it seems the mopar guys are the hardest to deal with, if this guy is still talking to ya you have a chance, most just tell me "IT'S NOT FOR SALE GO AWAY"... As long as you come back with offers it gives you a reason to talk to him and he shouldn't feel like you're being pushy, that's a pretty cool mopar I'd bug him until he pulls a gun or gets a restraining order.. :-D

I know it's an old thread, but out of the blue tonight I got a voice mail from the owner asking I am still interested in this car. If so, then he is ready to sell. Dang it! Horrible timing. I am currently working on my 65 Barracuda and my dart and have no room for another mopar project. What to do?

I know it's an old thread, but out of the blue tonight I got a voice mail from the owner asking I am still interested in this car. If so, then he is ready to sell. Dang it! Horrible timing. I am currently working on my 65 Barracuda and my dart and have no room for another mopar project. What to do?

For the right price....Find storage! Friends,neighbors,relatives etc etc

What's the chance's of finding another??

At least if you decide not to or that you cant right now, pass the deal on to one of your fabo buddies...... I am sure someone here would be interested. Heck, I have some friends in Idaho and would consider coming down from Canada for it. Let us know!

If the price is rite John, its worth picking up

-
Back