May I say? It Never Fails"

-

OUTLAW

Master of All Mopars
Reaction score
It never fails ...I go to do a little preventative maintainance surgery and I end up getting a full frontal lobotomy.Dropped the tranny to replace the throw out bearing ..only! And I find the pilot bushing looks like it was 2 piece ...one slid inside the other. One is in the crank and a smaller one is ballanced in the splines of the clutch. tryin to fish one out I dropped it in the pressure plate anyway. May I repeat It Never Fails"
I did not want to pull the scattersheild under any condition...originally.I'm so far behind at work I didnt need this tieing up a bay. I planned on this being a simple in and out (a couple hours) while I waited for parts and machine work to com back from machine shop.

Thanks I needed to vent !

Damn!! That's a b*tch man!! PUT DOWN THE WRENCH AND STEP AWAY FROM THE CUDA!!!!

Good luck with the bearing retrieval. Take a deep breath before doing anymore!

Brother don't I know that feeling. That's the way my Cuda project has went since day one. Problem with mine was mostly the last guys that worked on it. I saw better work come from my high school auto mech. class than they did. Everything they did I've had to re-do right.

Never happens to me. I never waste money on things that won't work. :shock:
Look at my post in the tech section on leaf spring front eye bushing :(

:D :D :D My 72 Dart is my first attempt at restoring/having fun with an old car !!! And man did I got surprise, and thinking a couple of time "What the..."
When I bought it the front brakes were not working fine, we didn't took time to check the problem before buying it, thinking it was probably just the master cylinder....ahahahah...finish that I am swapping it to 73-76 disc setup...and changing every bushing I can....and brake line....and rear axle....and !!!!

Tought it was a 1/2 hour master cylinder job :banghead:

Still love the car anyway :geek:

OUTLAW said:
It never fails ...

Yeah, right! Go back and read some on MY posts from last summer! Every time I approached my car something went horribly wrong. It's still laid up with the engine back on the stand waiting for me to get into the second rebuild. I know that scattershield is a ***** to remove, but why hack when you can do it right?

No time saved trying to save time sometimes...... :thumrigh:

As we all can atest to working on these old cars it's always one thing after another and another and another,i think you get the idea. :D

i just had my rad rebuilt last month now it looks like my heater core is going plus i need to rebuild my engine that will be fun. it'll be my first rebuild. anyways good luck with the tranny and make sure there's lots of jack on hand

rob's 73 scamp said:
i just had my rad rebuilt last month now it looks like my heater core is going plus i need to rebuild my engine that will be fun. it'll be my first rebuild. anyways good luck with the tranny and make sure there's lots of jack on hand

I had the same thing happen last summer,the top radiator tank split open at the seam and the car overheated.
After i got it fixed and back together the heater core started leaking.

Last month I wanted to drive my Dart first time after Winter break. I bought a korean made el cheapo Hydraulic jack to get the car on the wheels. The hydr Jack lost his pressure and smashed into the oilpan and stopped 1/2" in front of the crank.... :pale:

What I learned: NEVER buy cheap tools....

you have that right I leave the china stuff alone except for something i know I'm going to kill before I'm done. All my tools are snap-on, Mac and Matco with a smathering of Craftman thrown in. I learned a long time ago the difference between tools for a lifetime and a lifetime of buying tools.

korean tools are a great gift for your best enemies... :wink:

yes my tools are made by german manufacturers like Hazet, Gedore, .... its like snap-on quality. Expensive but safe and for a lifetime - like you said... (at the end cheaper....)

i mostly have bacho tools realy good and some beltzer.. hard to find snap on here.... but never buy "performace tols" those are the worst junk ever produced!

"...tools for a lifetime and a lifetime of buying tools." Holy cow that’s good. I hope its ok for me to use that one a few times, it speaks volumes. You sure got that right, I was a jeweler in an earlier lifetime and it is just a true there. My current (and first) project is a 73 Duster that I am afraid to get into for just that reason. She drives just fine now, but I think I'll wait for next fall before I start getting ambitious. I'm sure once I start "fixing" things it will be a veritable minefield of "small stuff". Good luck with the fish, Outlaw!

-LY

As Roseanne Roseannadanna used to say, "It's always somethin' ".

I like to blame the Gremlins. They sneak into my garage at nite and do stuff like tangle the air hoses and extension cords. I haven't caught them yet......but when I do :angry1:

Someone once said that life is 90% maintenance. They must have been thinking about cars at the time.

sickt7cuda said:
As Roseanne Roseannadanna used to say, "It's always somethin' ".

Someone once said that life is 90% maintenance. They must have been thinking about cars at the time.

sure or girlfriends, cant live with them cant live without em,,, :roll:

-
Back