Mech oil gauge line drag legal?

-

RDJ

Reaction score
I think I heard or read somewhere that the vinyl line for a mechanical oil gauge won't pass tech for drags. Is that true? If so, is there line that is legal and where would one purchase it?

local orileys has them, by auto meter like $18 and some change, pricey but comes with 6' of tubing and all the fittings

Do your self a favor and get a 1/8or1/4 braided line from summit or some one.you will have better oil response you don't have to worry about it leaking or busting and if you have a baring problem you will see it in the oil psi.(it will do allot of fluctuating) ya I know its expensive but it will last you a life time..I have seen allot of racers save allot of good motors with the bigger line..just trying to help.

I've never seena car fail tech for the nylon oil line. It certainly is not the safest way to do things tho. Copper or braid will really let you see what the oil system does...lol. The nylon really smoothes out the pressure pulses...lol.

I've been racing at e-town, n.e. dragway for years,they have never said a thing about the nylon line..but,Lebanon valley did say it needed to be steel when i was out there last fall..so.....

I think I heard or read somewhere that the vinyl line for a mechanical oil gauge won't pass tech for drags. Is that true? If so, is there line that is legal and where would one purchase it?

They got the copper line at Advance too in the SUN guage section!8)

Also have to run an isolator if the gauge is in the driver compartment.

Yup. Oil too. Who wants to be driving next to the guy getting sprayed with 50psi hot engine oil?

This is straight from the N.H.R.A. rule book...Oil pressure gauge and line permitted in driver compartment metal or steel braided line mandatory,maximum 3/16 inch inside diameter..nothing about any isolator...

I purchased AN fittings and installed a #3 braided line on my 69. It should last for a long time.

-
Back