Meet the Beast!! 10's on 5k???

-
I'm sure I have 10K into my car and it does 12's and it's definitely not boring...

I don't know if you read where I dropped my Speedmaster heads off at my machine shop and they were well impressed with them.. I mean no one was doing somersaults or anything like that but they weren't going on my God this is junk!...

well I haven't even got you to produce this mysterious 12 second time slip let alone a 10 second one....
like you told YR, wiping the dust off of history counts for nothing here. So we'll look to the future... :)

I don't know if you read where I dropped my Speedmaster heads off at my machine shop and they were well impressed with them.. I mean no one was doing somersaults or anything like that but they weren't going on my God this is junk!...
I did not read that. Glad to hear it. I was impressed with mine as well. They will soon get their chance to impress me in action. :D

I did not read that. Glad to hear it. I was impressed with mine as well. They will soon get their chance to impress me in action. :D
I'm going to feel more comfortable slapping them on after my machine shops had their way with them. I've known Ted since I was a little kid in high school touring his shop with my auto shop class... You could say he's been doing this for a little bit...

like you told YR, wiping the dust off of history counts for nothing here. So we'll look to the future... :)
When did I tell yr that?..
I don't think you have any history to wipe the dust off of as far as a 10 second time slip... Still questioning a 12 second one as well...:rolleyes:..

I'm going to feel more comfortable slapping them on after my machine shops had their way with them. I've known Ted since I was a little kid in high school touring his shop with my auto shop class... You could say he's been doing this for a little bit...
That's cool, you need a machinist you trust. I've had so many heads apart, I trust me :) Only thing I can't say is the quality of the SM valves, springs, retainers and keepers. If they let loose, I can't help that.

That's cool, you need a machinist you trust. I've had so many heads apart, I trust me :) Only thing I can't say is the quality of the SM valves, springs, retainers and keepers. If they let loose, I can't help that.
Well I would think that's kind of the important part the moving parts.. as you know I've been losing my confidence and Speedmaster.. I sent the bracket back for the carburetor that didn't fit oh, I sent the two nitrous plates back that didn't work at all, and you dropped one of their gaskets on the floor and it shattered like a piece of glass LOL.. my machine shop guy was telling me how did check some heads that were perfect 135 spring rate and they came back with 50... They weren't heat-treated so they got soft LOL.

a piece at a time... :)
Oregon Cam
DSCN2708.JPG

DSCN2709.JPG

Last edited:
jaysus h chrysler...does that jpar guy ever Stop??
i just read thru 8 pages and 5 of them are bashing.

im Interested in the Topic and concept.
i agree he wont run tens,
but hes just building the truck to drag and have fun with as far as i can tell.
and,he wants to do this on as tight a budget as he can,no matter What it ends up running right?
soooo...can we just stick to the topic and leave the bashing and catty remarks behind?

ps,im following your build because im doing the exact same thing with a 89 shortbed.
currently,i have a rebuilt 360/727 HD trans with 355 gears i just dropped in.
id guesstimate it would run 16-s or 17-s if was tuned to perfection.
for 12-s thru 14-s,id say big slicks and a better gear.
i also found the twin turbo builds to be Very interesting,esp the prices the one fella here quoted.
when i was debating this,most everything i found added up to around 4grand just for the parts..?
why not do a single turbo?...would that fit the budget?

055.JPG

With acorns in the air filter here you would have probably paid around $500..
I realize though everything back East is generally $1,000 more... Also I'm not real keen on giving a lot of money for a post 74 vehicle that has to pass DEQ... It does help Drive the price down because people know you can't drive it on the street unless you spend a lot of money and getting it to pass DEQ...
cost more and bad shape is giving it credit. It is so sad to see a vehicle as new as 3 years old with quarter size holes around the fender wells. The cheap **** they use now is unreal

-
Back