Meet the Beast!! 10's on 5k???

-
jaysus h chrysler...does that jpar guy ever Stop??
i just read thru 8 pages and 5 of them are bashing.

im Interested in the Topic and concept.
i agree he wont run tens,
but hes just building the truck to drag and have fun with as far as i can tell.
and,he wants to do this on as tight a budget as he can,no matter What it ends up running right?
soooo...can we just stick to the topic and leave the bashing and catty remarks behind?

ps,im following your build because im doing the exact same thing with a 89 shortbed.
currently,i have a rebuilt 360/727 HD trans with 355 gears i just dropped in.
id guesstimate it would run 16-s or 17-s if was tuned to perfection.
for 12-s thru 14-s,id say big slicks and a better gear.
i also found the twin turbo builds to be Very interesting,esp the prices the one fella here quoted.
when i was debating this,most everything i found added up to around 4grand just for the parts..?
why not do a single turbo?...would that fit the budget?

View attachment 1715477326
Awesome post, and you nailed it! It cost nothing to try, and we lose nothing if we don't go tens, and we'll be happy wherever we end up.

and,he wants to do this on as tight a budget as he can,no matter What it ends up running right?
soooo...can we just stick to the topic and leave the bashing and catty remarks behind?

ps,im following your build because im doing the exact same thing with a 89 shortbed.
i also found the twin turbo builds to be Very interesting,esp the prices the one fella here quoted.
when i was debating this,most everything i found added up to around 4grand just for the parts..?

You just gotta know jpar! He is just having fun with 318wr. He means well. Lol

^ This post is worthless without specs!!!! (cam picture)
nothing wild, it's for the pass-time-5.9 that were going to run this summer while the budget 440 is being built. 218/224 @ 050 and .494/.501 with a 1.5 rocker. 110 lsa. Mag heads will be 1.6 rockers, so maybe .524/531 lift …..

Last edited:
nothing wild, it's for the pass time 5.9 magnum that were going to run this summer while the budget 440 is being built. 218/224 @ 050 and .494/.501 with a 1.5 rocker. Mag heads will be 1.6 rockers, so maybe .524/531 lift …..

I have that exact cam on a 110 lsa going into a sbe 5.9 for the wifes aspen.

nothing wild, it's for the pass-time-5.9 that were going to run this summer while the budget 440 is being built. 218/224 @ 050 and .494/.501 with a 1.5 rocker. 110 lsa. Mag heads will be 1.6 rockers, so maybe .524/531 lift …..
That's pretty similar to the cam specs I got for my 360. Mine 220/226 @50 and .475/.495 lift with 1.5 rockers.

Best way to get past the j par bs is to put him on ignore.

To do that click on his icon. Then click ignore. It works great. No more bs post from that person.

Best way to get past the j par bs is to put him on ignore.

To do that click on his icon. Then click ignore. It works great. No more bs post from that person.
I guess not everyone takes his bantering as jokes. Lol or maybe I'm completely wrong on jpar and everyone's ballbusting as friendly banter?

So right now I have this ^^^ cam, speedmaster air gap intake, Odessa-reman heads with Hughes spring kit, hedman headers. We'll pull the tight truck torque converter out and install a new "I have no idea" torque converter I bought a few years back right here on FABO for 50 bucks. It's supposed to be a factory replacement with a little more "stall". LOL. I'll confirm the gears soon when I pull rear diff cover. Should make a fun ride for the summer. We'd be happy if we could get into 13's with it, but we'll see.

cost more and bad shape is giving it credit. It is so sad to see a vehicle as new as 3 years old with quarter size holes around the fender wells. The cheap **** they use now is unreal
So true but they are better now than they used to be.
When I was a kid my uncle bought a new 1970 Duster, pretty B5 blue with a blue interior, slant, 3-speed manual.
4 years later with 40,000 miles on it he drove it to the junkyard because the rear springs came up thru the trunk.

So true but they are better now than they used to be.
When I was a kid my uncle bought a new 1970 Duster, pretty B5 blue with a blue interior, slant, 3-speed manual.
4 years later with 40,000 miles on it he drove it to the junkyard because the rear springs came up thru the trunk.
And pretty much the reason we went with the truck. Dusters are either true part cars, or $$$$. Sure, we could have went ahead with a 4 door diplomat, but we like the truck a lot better. Fit the budget too :)

You just gotta know jpar! He is just having fun with 318wr. He means well. Lol
if the haters only knew me and 318willrun we're on the phone a few nights ago laughing our asses off for about 3 hours... Stixx, newbe, and jab can get bent...

And pretty much the reason we went with the truck. Dusters are either true part cars, or $$$$. Sure, we could have went ahead with a 4 door diplomat, but we like the truck a lot better. Fit the budget too :)
I can't remember if I ever showed you the pictures of the 87 that I had? I paid $850 for it and it had a brand new transmission. I had to sell it I had too many trucks at the time. I think I sold it for like 1900 after a few months..
2012-10-21_14.49.18.jpeg
2012-10-21_14.08.11.jpeg
2012-10-21_14.45.27.jpeg

I had a 318 that sounded pretty good...

I forgot about it until i seen it again in your post. That was a nice truck.
Yes I really like the truck a lot. It had the big RAM on the hood and I really thought that was cool. It was pretty jacked up to..
the only problem is I was hauling scrap metal and stuff quite a bit at the time and I remember putting a refrigerator in it and it felt like I had three cords of firewood back there LOL.. for my needs at the time it was practically useless.. but it sounded cool and it ran really good. It made someone a good hot rod I'm sure..

Yes I really like the truck a lot. It had the big RAM on the hood and I really thought that was cool. It was pretty jacked up to..
the only problem is I was hauling scrap metal and stuff quite a bit at the time and I remember putting a refrigerator in it and it felt like I had three cords of firewood back there LOL.. for my needs at the time it was practically useless.. but it sounded cool and it ran really good. It made someone a good hot rod I'm sure..
Cam came in today, and i called Oregon cam grinders. It's a regrind factory cam so he told me i can use my factory distributor gear drive/shaft. Another nickel that stays in my pocket :)

My duster came with a purple performance cam in the 318. And then I had Ken regrind it into something pretty radical LOL and then I just had him regrind it last year again and to what I have now which I like pretty much...

I can't remember if I ever showed you the pictures of the 87 that I had? I paid $850 for it and it had a brand new transmission. I had to sell it I had too many trucks at the time. I think I sold it for like 1900 after a few months..
View attachment 1715477604 View attachment 1715477605 View attachment 1715477606
I had a 318 that sounded pretty good...
Very nice I like it alot! Iv actually been looking for another square body truck I'd love to fix one up after my dart is done. I am actually fixing up my 01 dodge now so I have two projects going at once. I'm gonna repair the front end if you remember I was having issues with the front axles breaking joints and wheel bearings. I have replacement axles and I'm gonna replace the leaking seals while I'm in there. I got a hood new fenders and a bed to fix the rust. Gonna do cab corners door skins and repaint her it will be good practice for the body on my dart. Iv also got a 360 magnum I'm gonna refresh for the 01 after the darts done

Very nice I like it alot! Iv actually been looking for another square body truck I'd love to fix one up after my dart is done. I am actually fixing up my 01 dodge now so I have two projects going at once. I'm gonna repair the front end if you remember I was having issues with the front axles breaking joints and wheel bearings. I have replacement axles and I'm gonna replace the leaking seals while I'm in there. I got a hood new fenders and a bed to fix the rust. Gonna do cab corners door skins and repaint her it will be good practice for the body on my dart. Iv also got a 360 magnum I'm gonna refresh for the 01 after the darts done
I did the Hughes intake plenum kit on mine and it finally stopped using oil. I'm talking about my 98 2500 extra cab long bed.. I remember you talking about how badly yours is rusted underneath last year and I was doing my oil change and thanking my stars where I live it looks like brand new underneath the whole entire thing... I mean like fresh paint on the frame and everywhere underneath.. barely dirty...

I don't know. The fella i talked with had a whisp, kind of hard to understand but he was nice
That's one of his long-time loyal workers I believe. If you just ask for Ken he'll let you know when he'll be in. I like to talk to Ken because he's actually the owner and sometimes he's not in because he does still race I believe. He's an older guy for sure. I'm fortunate enough to only live about 20-25 minutes away and can just go have a conversation with him and just drop things off and pick them up...

I did the Hughes intake plenum kit on mine and it finally stopped using oil. I'm talking about my 98 2500 extra cab long bed.. I remember you talking about how badly yours is rusted underneath last year and I was doing my oil change and thanking my stars where I live it looks like brand new underneath the whole entire thing... I mean like fresh paint on the frame and everywhere underneath.. barely dirty...
Yea both of mine are horrible lol I was gonna just swap out the whole front ends but in the white truck the front diff the coil spring hanger was rusted in half so I decided to just pull the axles and use them. I pulled chucks of rust out of the frame on the bottom I'm gonna clean it all off with a grinder and weld new plates on the bottom luckily the inside is still solid there Is two layers of frame looks like there was two c channel welded together to make the frame the one that is on the top is ok but the bottom is rusted I guess that channel held moisture and road salt

-
Back