Mega's just another 1969 BB Dart build.

-
Well after some more block sanding time for the high build primer.

IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0330.jpg

Today welded up most of the holes on the inner fenders, ground them down and skimmed them over. Camera battery was dead so I used my shitty blackberry..

IMG-20120218-00122.jpg

IMG-20120218-00121.jpg

Used the left overs on the tubs

IMG-20120218-00126.jpg

IMG-20120218-00124.jpg

What brand and model did you skim over them with? and did you weld in the dimples in the fenders or just went over them with the filler/putty?

Nice build, interested in what you think of the sliding link once it's on the road.

Also, what product did you use under the car? I noticed there was some surface rust left, so did you use a POR-15 type of coating on it?

Awesome build, its great to see another one saved and on its way back to the road!

THIS is a fantastic build.... gotta be in my top 10 favorites. I love how you took a good ol' quarter mile pounder with fenderwell header holes and are making one state of the art hot rod out of it. Looks racey...even in primer!

there is just something about finally seeing the entire body in primer that gives you that....."tingly" feeling (Chris Mathrews come to mind)

FYI ...don't forget to cut the holes out for the door handles/locks/side lights/mirrors/emblems/antenna.....nice mods by the way

I cannot believe I overlooked this build....please forgive me

Thanks for the compliments I appreciate it, when I started this build it was just going to be a race car now it has manifested in to so much more. Not sure which direction its going from here.

The body work is finished and its in the last coat of high build primer, its soon going back to my place so I can install the drive train.

gary002.jpg

gary001.jpg

What brand and model did you skim over them with? and did you weld in the dimples in the fenders or just went over them with the filler/putty?

On any bigger areas that needed to be skimmed, filler was placed on bare metal after prepping the metal with 80grit on a da. Sanded then epoxy primed the smaller areas that could not be sanded out then were covered with the two part polyester finishing putty. When I'm in the shop I will see what brand it is but yes that's what I used on the inner fender dimples all the holes were welded up then ground down.

Nice build, interested in what you think of the sliding link once it's on the road.

Also, what product did you use under the car? I noticed there was some surface rust left, so did you use a POR-15 type of coating on it?

Believe it or not most of if not all the rust was ground or wire brushed off, were I could not reach was treated with Rust-Mort either brushed or sprayed on.

Underside of the car was then primed and top coated with Sherwin Williams "back in black"

It look way better in person I just can't get a good picture with my camera it seems.

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...LdroFI&usg=AFQjCNHMtQZPYOxzYn6RIALQLZpZdCSZ9g

Well since I'm waiting for the weather to get better so I can move my car back to my place I decided to change the color on the engine.

From gray & black to a dark metallic blue

IMG_03832.jpg

IMG_03842.jpg

IMG_0386.jpg

I rarely drive my Dart, but I took her out over this past weekend since the temps were in the 50s. Its rare for S Florida to get that cool.

I ran into an older couple in a GTX and we cruised for a few miles. These cars really are a treat, cant wait to see yours finally completed and being enjoyed. Cheers!!

Today was the engine/tranny install day, took awhile as I did it by myself. Didn't scratch any paint so I'm happy.

IMG_0419_zpsa3cf9953.jpg

IMG_0420_zpseb5a4c32.jpg

-
Back