Memike Has An A-body

-
This reminds me of the Visa ads:

Gasoline for the roadtrip.......................$4.00/gal

Snacks for the roadtrip............................$24.35

1966 Valiant named Victoria aka Vicky.......$2200.00

Seeing MeMike's reaction.......................Priceless

For the important things in life, FABO!!!

This is a great thing to see. Especially after all the crap that son of a b*tch put you through, Mike.

Congratulations Memike, and a BIG PAT ON THE BACK to everyone involved.8)

I think GTX said it best,
Mike, you deserved this car. And although you have expressed your thankfulness, we should be the ones that are thankful that we found a person and cause so deserving that it pulled us out of our usual day-to-day routines (if just for a short while) to ban together for a common goal - one that lead to one man's pure joy and to many other's sense of all that is good about humanity and community. Congratulations Mike!

Congratulations Memike, and a BIG PAT ON THE BACK to everyone involved.8)

I think GTX said it best,

Thank you 340 Dart. I woke up this morning and could not wait to take it in town here for the first time. =P~

Wow! Look what I missed.

Congratz Mike. Victoria is absolutely beautiful. It's hard to add anything to everything thats already been said. I'm just thinking of one word: Enjoy! :)

Thank you 340 Dart. I woke up this morning and could not wait to take it in town here for the first time. =P~

One of the coolest things about the car now is the story attached to it. It should make for great conversation for years to come. I`m honored to have been a part of it.

What a GREAT story...could not happen to a nicer guy! I wish I was in a position to have helped with the purchase...

Looks great, congrats Memike, let me know if you need anything powdered or ceramic coated. ENJOY!!

Mike,

After following your saga on that "other" Val, and all that you went through to complete the transaction, I was angry that you did not get it.

Why angry? Because regardless of the times we felt taking the law into our own hands and rightfully retrieving "your" car was the way to go, you resisted and believed in the justice system to do the right thing. You did all that was right, attended when requested, filled out all the proper papers and had not only the blessing but the help of the registered owner. You put your faith in the system, and like most here, assumed that in the end, it would all be well. We all believed that the story would have the fairy-tale ending it was destined to.

Of course, it was not to be. Once again, the justice system let down the victim, and protected the accused. And even though I am not American, here in Canada it is no different.

When you wrote the final chapter, we could all sense the despair and finality of the saga. The "little guy" (me included in this group) got dumped on. Again.

To be able to contribute in a small way to change this outcome, has made me feel that us "little guys" aren't so little after all.

Grant

Mike,

I am soo happy for you. I was thinking of you and everyone envolved all weekend. I have to say, That this site has the best group of people in the word. Who else could raise that much money for a great cause.

I am proud to be a part of this site.

Phil

I would like to say congrats to Mike and Treva on your new car. I would also like to thank you. It was because of you that we were able to set everything aside and come together for a common cause. I know I for one feel great about what i have put into this. I may not have put as much time or money into this as so many others have but it was all worth it.
Now I can't wait to get home and see all the pics, WebSince at work keeps pics blocked. So post tons of pics from every angle for all to see.
I would also like to say congrats to the rest of FABO for making this one great week.

Showoff!! :snakeman: :toothy10:

Yep!! I did Sid!!:bootysha: I went to our NAPA store and picked up brake pads for Treva's ride for the trip up Petit Jean Mt., and there was 4 to five people outside looking over her.
Leanna From PPC called when I was in town looking for boxes for Treva to send Robs pool cue he won the winning bid on to send out to him.
Leanna really made my day hearing here sweet voice and she is pumped up and
congrad's me. She is ready for some more business.
Damned gas prices are hurting everyone.
Know I am going to park Treva's car under a shad tree and put new pads on all around disc brakes,

:toothy10: Easy job for me under a tree.:cheers:

Once again Mike Congrats to you !!!

This is a really nice pic....nice arms...where's your mopar tattoo :bootysha:
"games on'' :toothy10:

mike%20driving%20home.jpg

Excellent. I've been away and just got back, glad to hear the car is where it belongs.

I guess I missed something though, how did the car come to be called Victoria?

Mike, as I've said before, it couldn't have happened to a more worthy candidate. Be proud!!!

Thanks for the plug too. I do appreciate it. :-D

Mike, I am so impressed with the quality of members we have here on FABO. Like all the others, I have never seen such a pouring of generosity from a forum. I know without a doubt that it was for for a great cause. I only wish I could have been a part of it. I accidently went on vacation the last two weeks and look what happens..... I am sure you will enjoy the car since it is now priceless in your eyes. Just truly amazing!!!

....65s. I'll see Mike this weekend at the mountain and inform him that inquiring minds want to know how he arrived at a name for Victoria. That will give him time to dream up a story. He and Treva are doing a getaway.

Mike,
this is brian from show-n-go in siloam springs arkansas congrats on the car!I dont know if you have ever delt with usin the past when we had a speed shop in springdale but we moved to tulsa and started another one in siloam, anyways we have monthly cruise in's at least once a month and i'd like to see this car in person! give me a call sometime and i'll give you info on our cruise in's and any other carshow events comming to the NWA!

Brian
show-n-go
479-373-6161

I couldn't resist that one Mike. Have you got that sheit-eatin' grin off your face yet? :)

I still got that grin on and I still can't keep my eye's off of her Sid.:love7:

....65s. I'll see Mike this weekend at the mountain and inform him that inquiring minds want to know how he arrived at a name for Victoria. That will give him time to dream up a story. He and Treva are doing a getaway.

If you are an old fart!!:-D You may reamember the old series western.
Called The High Chapteral, There son blue boy and uncle buck and Ben the father, the boss of the house was Victoria! The mother of blue boy and Bens wife. She looked like my mother and was strong and determined lady like my mother,RIP mom.
Some one here came up with Vicki!! Short for Victoria, I like it!who ever it was that used it.
I neglected this thread so I finished reading it and I am in tears just reading it.
I am on my way to recovery, Take better care of myself and quit smoking!!
and just a few cold ones with friends.
I have ins and drive my very first 66 car I have ever owned at least every day
It feels like a limo ride and don't have a squeak of any kind and when I come to a stop I can not here the car hardly running.
A few friends came buy and they are at a loss of words.
She is a great pleasure to drive.
When the 81/4 rear end and ignition and offy intake and new 390 holley
go's on, Victoria will be a sleeper and driver.
But for know I will be driving and showing the sweet girl.
Thank you all for getting my life a big jump start.
Sorry for taking so long to get back to this great thread.

To answer the ? have I washed and waxed vicki yet!! Yes but know wax yet.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 001.jpg

LIFE 049.jpg

I came to this thread to give thanks in my life that my friends here have gave me.:love7:
After 1 1/4 years of driving her and up dating the things over the last 8 months I wanted to do and enjoy the transformation and keep the little 170/ in her.
Yall know me, Shade tree all the way :happy10: till two days ago 8)I drove her to town and had these great guys pipe here up.
She has changed a bit and I hope I am making the right calls on her changes

Thank you for bringing this girl into my life fabo family.
I am blest to have yall in my life, In allot of ways yall have made waking up to another day so much easier.
Thank you for keeping my drive alive and I hope I have made yall proud :happy10:

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv%20002.jpg

Ralley's 003.jpg

Ralley's 004.jpg

Duals all HOOKED UP 013.jpg

Duals all HOOKED UP 014.jpg

Duals all HOOKED UP 016.jpg

Duals all HOOKED UP 033.jpg

I didn't come along til after you already had Victoria but you are really doing right by her, she will run forever with well thought-out changes you have made.

I can relate to your feelings of gratitude for the good members on this site, they have added to my quality of life too and helped me get Goldie much farther along than I could by myself.

Wasn't the matriarch on 'THE BIG VALLEY' old TV western series Victoria...Barkley I think? She was tough too. Loved that show.

-
Back