Memike Has An A-body

-
I know I am late in reading this. Mostly because I have been away from this site. Congrats MeMike and I am happy to see and hear you are enjoying your car.

Thank you DD :happy2:
I just got dun reading all of this thread this morning and it sure warmed my hart and filled my mind with good feelings of joy.
The new ZWR album should be getting here in the middle part of February :thumleft:
I am sooo happy you enjoy there music as much as I and many other members here.
I am moving forward and Victoria is in her nest awaiting her new parts :toothy2:

with that portable car "tent" how does it withstand wind? or do you have much wind to worry about? often thought of buying one but winds around here such as today are about 60-70 mph and can get up to 110 mph!

with that portable car "tent" how does it withstand wind? or do you have much wind to worry about? often thought of buying one but winds around here such as today are about 60-70 mph and can get up to 110 mph!
It has been through two bad ice storms and I don't think it has ever seen more then 50 to 60 mph winds, It is tied off to the two tree's "southeast and southwest corners and I have a pallet inside with my tool box on it and the northwest corner is attached to it, you can see I have a picnic table on the northeast side and it is tied to it along with all 8 legs screwed down to the ground :thumleft: so it seems to be doing real well :toothy2:

Mike I wouldn't worry to much about the wind in the winter. I'd worry about how cold the beer stays in the cooler in the summer time while your working on Victoria in her home.:toothy2:

It has been through two bad ice storms and I don't think it has ever seen more then 50 to 60 mph winds, It is tied off to the two tree's "southeast and southwest corners and I have a pallet inside with my tool box on it and the northwest corner is attached to it, you can see I have a picnic table on the northeast side and it is tied to it along with all 8 legs screwed down to the ground :thumleft: so it seems to be doing real well :toothy2:

Is that a canvas or propylene portable garage and where did you pick it up?

Mike has a good tent there trust me, I have a Polly one going on 5 years now and this year I need to replace the cover these portable shelters are great right brother Memikle however Mikes is the better top.

Attachments

• sony pic 497.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 171
Where can you pick them up at? I looked at Harbor Freight and it wasn't well made at all.

Is that a canvas or propylene portable garage and where did you pick it up?
it is propylene

Mike has a good tent there trust me, I have a Polly one going on 5 years now and this year I need to replace the cover these portable shelters are great right brother Memikle however Mikes is the better top.
I like what you have in yours :toothy2:

A good picture, I bought it at Sams Club $200

Attachments

• let%20it%20rain%20019.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 223
so purdy, nice valiants guys.

I remember when it seemed it was just us that had a 66 sedan here 1969dodgedartgt
66340SEDAN has sent me some cool stuff for her, I call his car Victoria's BigBrother :thumleft:, One of them are the shades you see on my 66 Plymouth

She is a cool lady wearing her shades, Keeps that good old Victorian look :thumleft:

Thank you Keith :toothy2:

I bought my shelter on sale at Canadian Tire for $250,bought some extra ankers(auger type)This is my second winter with it still up,I just use a broom to knock the snow of the roof from the inside.

PS Sorry to hijack MeMike,but y,all were on the subject.
View attachment 208646

View attachment 208647
No problem ever Scott :thumleft: We must have got ours at about the same time, I do the same thing with a broom, But I bet you do it more often ;-) we have had two snows here.

Attachments

• Picture 164.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 158
I remember when it seemed it was just us that had a 66 sedan here 1969dodgedartgt
66340SEDAN has sent me some cool stuff for her, I call his car Victoria's BigBrother :thumleft:, One of them are the shades you see on my 66 Plymouth

She is a cool lady wearing her shades, Keeps that good old Victorian look :thumleft:

Thank you Keith :toothy2:

Anytime buddy :thumleft:

In June it will be 4 years now Sid
Doing my best to protect and enjoy my gift Victoria.
Now if I can locate all my tools and get organized
It's so easy just to set back and relax.... Victoria's new Eagles Nest
Keeping all my fabo family updated and let the new members read this great time in my life.

I hope you all are as proud as I am 67.000 miles on her now :thumbup:
She loves the hill and I love here.
I spent some time siting and played my old Hurricane bass last night and enjoyed a couple wobbly pop's :glasses7: I thank all of you for all you have dun to kick start my life in a great way :D:D

Attachments

• Man Cave part 247 day 033.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 155
  • Man Cave part 247 day 009.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 153
  • Man Cave part 1 058.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 159
  • Got to to what ya gata 157.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 152
  • Got to to what ya gata 112.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 156
  • Ralley's%20004.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 157
  • Picture%20222%20004.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 144
  • Man Cave part 247 day 035.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 153
Had to re-read this whole thread again Mike. It was a glorious time, and one of the greatest outpourings of unselfish giving I ever was a part of. I still tell friends of how it all went down, and most are unbelieving in the outcome.

Take care my friend on the hill, from your friend in the prairies :)

Grant

Had to re-read this whole thread again Mike. It was a glorious time, and one of the greatest outpourings of unselfish giving I ever was a part of. I still tell friends of how it all went down, and most are unbelieving in the outcome.

Take care my friend on the hill, from your friend in the prairies :)

Grant

Thank you Grant =D> it sure was, I also re-read this thread and it sure brought back some great memories and I just wanted to keep everyone updated on her, She is now in her eagles nest awaiting a 3 day storm heading our way tomorrow.
You can imagine how many friends and strangers know who is driving that little 66 on the roads here in town, I bet I have talked to some one every time I get out that I have never met just to ask what year she is :D and or they say my dad or mom and grandparents had one, and you can bet they ask if it's got the /6 in it and want to see it.. Yes she is happy, warm and dry and I still drive her daily =D>

-
Back