Midwest Mopars in the Park - Farmington Mn.

-
Looking forward to another great Farmington show,
I'm going to be there hopefully with my convert if all goes well. Hopefully going to get paint on it soon, still blocking right now.
Lon

Looking forward to another great Farmington show,
I'm going to be there hopefully with my convert if all goes well. Hopefully going to get paint on it soon, still blocking right now.
Lon
That would be great if you could get yours together and make it to the show.

Gotta lot of work to do, but give it hell attitude.
Never know what can happen, if all else fails lost of pics and stories!!!
Lon

The sanding, paint and more sanding seems to be the biggest hurdle. Putting it together shouldn't be too bad. Sounds like you have most of the small pieces done.

Gotta lot of work to do, but give it hell attitude.
Never know what can happen, if all else fails lost of pics and stories!!!
Lon

Sub Assemblies are all done, engine ,trans, diff, need to do everything else including top and interior. It's only money and time. Long nights and I might get lucky.!
Lon

WILL BE GREAT TO SEE EVERYBODY AGAIN, good time for sure just want to get car driving by show, thats my goal.
Lon

WILL BE GREAT TO SEE EVERYBODY AGAIN, good time for sure just want to get car driving by show, thats my goal.
Lon
I know you, even if your car isn't done we will still see you. LOL I'll make sure I have something for you to drink. ;)

Count me in! Already registered, I'll be over with the C body parking, but you know I'll always stop in. Gonna bring some more beer for our out of state beer exchange!

@MobileCustoms check out your van. It's like #7 in the photos.
Mopars in the Park - 2017
Thanks for the link! I hadn't seen that. Looks like they grabbed it when we were cruising around.
Mopars_In_The_Park_2017.jpg

Been reading this thread and talked to the boss about dragging the car up. Looked at the show's on-line schedule and looks like a good time. How many cars do they get??

Been reading this thread and talked to the boss about dragging the car up. Looked at the show's on-line schedule and looks like a good time. How many cars do they get??

Great show! Where are you from (I see Kansas) and what do you drive? Lots of A Bodies there.
Off their website: Midwest Mopars in the Park is our annual event. It is the largest all Mopar show in the upper Midwest, and is our biggest undertaking. In 2017 we had over 9000 spectators, 1469 cars, and over 150 swap/vendor spaces.

Kansas
67 Barracuda Formula S 383 4 speed convertible. Dark Blue Mettalic

That would be great if you could come!

I'll post some pictures of the FABO group and A Body cars. Just some random shots.
060202950858[00].jpg
DSC05993.jpg
Farmington 018.JPG
Farmington 029.JPG
1433013116_zps2c0aff03.jpg
172.jpg
112.jpg
IMG_20160604_102945361_HDR.jpg
070.jpg
096.jpg
109.jpg

It's the third largest Mopar show in the country, behind Carlisle and the Nationals.

hi all
just registered the son's 78 warlock to bring to the show,we still need to finish the exhaust,tires and stripes on the truck but we will have it there, just having problems finding a shop or person to put the stripe kit on it near belvidere il. cant believe no body shops will do it?
hope to see you at the show.

hi all
just registered the son's 78 warlock to bring to the show,we still need to finish the exhaust,tires and stripes on the truck but we will have it there, just having problems finding a shop or person to put the stripe kit on it near belvidere il. cant believe no body shops will do it?
hope to see you at the show.
Any sign companies around?

I tried a guy that does lettering and signs he didn't want to do it then said he would try but not going to guarantee they would be on straight ,,,, and wants 300-400$ to do it ,he just doesn't want to do it I guess,

I tried a guy that does lettering and signs he didn't want to do it then said he would try but not going to guarantee they would be on straight ,,,, and wants 300-400$ to do it ,he just doesn't want to do it I guess,
Check with MobileCustoms (a member that posted a few posts above) He does that stuff for a living. His van he pictured is a wrap. He is around the Minneapolis area. May be you could come a day early and he could put them on at his shop. Just a thought.

Check with MobileCustoms (a member that posted a few posts above) He does that stuff for a living. His van he pictured is a wrap. He is around the Minneapolis area. May be you could come a day early and he could put them on at his shop. Just a thought.
Drive under his canopy and put it on at the show!:poke:

Last edited:
Ok for you that have done both....the boss and I are planning to go to Carlisle this summer. Is that a show and shine, or a car show?? I can't seem to get a read on it. I found this show, it is a car show, a day less driving, and pics look like you have a heck of a time. And you have a "bring your local beer" tasting event...really?? Sounds like a great time. Need to decide like this weekend, and look for a room. No camping for my better half. A year in Iraq, she said no more camping...lol!!
Z

Ok for you that have done both....the boss and I are planning to go to Carlisle this summer. Is that a show and shine, or a car show?? I can't seem to get a read on it. I found this show, it is a car show, a day less driving, and pics look like you have a heck of a time. And you have a "bring your local beer" tasting event...really?? Sounds like a great time. Need to decide like this weekend, and look for a room. No camping for my better half. A year in Iraq, she said no more camping...lol!!
Z
Farmington is a big car show with divisions for all Mopar models. The A body guys get together for a meet and greet and yes there is usually some refreshments involved. I might have to bring some home brewed beer along to share. Here's a link. Scroll down to the car show galleries for photos of the event. Midwest Mopars in the Park – National Car Show and Swap Meet

Z
As toolmanmike said above, we have our own "tasting", nothing linked to the hosting club. Bring some beer specific to Kansas if you'd like, and try (and maybe even take home) some beers from Minnesota and Wisconsin. I don't know what Illinois had to offer, a co-worker said IL doesn't have any good beer, maybe the members there know something about it.

The car show is the largest Mopar show west of the Mississippi, essentially the third largest show after Carlisle, and the Nationals. I attend every year and have met many great folks, it's always a fun time.

-
Back