mirror opinions....

which mirrors would look best?

• Total voters
-
My right door mirror is remote control. I figured if I'm going to drill holes in the door to add a right mirror, I may as well drill holes for the long cable remote control. Loving it too.

Body Color Rallye mirrors.
And they work even better on a Dart/Scamp body than a Duster/Sport
body because you don't have the high 1/4 panel to take up 1/2 your view.

DSCN0826.jpg

i like that. right color too.. if i go painted i don't have to worry about the cheap chrome rusting ... :)

Sounds like a done deal to me. Body colored sport mirrors are the way to go for dual mirror set up. Had a pair on my Demon but they do limit rear view over the round mirror for prior stated reasons.

it's got to have 2 mirrors for me. Otherwise I think a car looks unbalanced. Like a one eared elephant. I would like redfish's stock remote style. I have a right side stock ,but not the remote. What year/model was it from? Any pic?

ok i need a mirror on the right side. drives me nuts not having one.

I'm with ya Joe. Too long driving a truck I guess. I found a nice companion mirror at the Nats this summer. I like the way the car looks and it works good too.
toolman

Attachments

• 100_6001.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 220
  • 100_5999.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 218
  • 100_6007.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 210
you gets have any closer pics of your cars that will show the mirrors better?

Don't really have any close-up pics handy right now. But here are a couple including the holes required.

Attachments

• holesformirrorimg.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 199
  • 000_0035.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 205
  • 000_0062.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 218
I know about the repop but sheeze, another bengi and since the drivers side ones I have are pitted, call it $250 for the pair. BTW, I'll know better when I get my pass side door apart for paint but I don't think they reinforce the door where the mirror sits.

Anybody else besides me notice this is an expensive "hobby" and again... that darn 68 yellow $7900 fish (with a pass side mirror already) sure was a good deal.

Guess it's better than letting WS take it from me.

I know about the repop but sheeze, another bengi and since the drivers side ones I have are pitted, call it $250 for the pair. BTW, I'll know better when I get my pass side door apart for paint but I don't think they reinforce the door where the mirror sits.

Anybody else besides me notice this is an expensive "hobby" and again... that darn 68 yellow $7900 fish (with a pass side mirror already) sure was a good deal.

Guess it's better than letting WS take it from me.

I keep thinking about the $7900 yellow fish also. I went back and looked at it again today.

I think the body colored ralley would look best on your car :)
Need to get a RH mirror for my fish too...drives me nuts not having one.

My 64 came with factory outside mirrors on both sides with the factory Pentastar embossed on each one and has never rusted. When I saw the prices for the mirrors, I couldn't believe my eyes.

On the other hand my 64 wouldn't look right if they were painted yet the Duster body types look awesome and too me it depends on the look and color of the body which determines which mirrors to use..

Grilles, wheels, consoles, just about all the trim is a combination of paint and chrome so why not the mirrors also ? The paint area was powder coated first. Areas with the worst pitting are now covered. Its dark argent but could have been body color.

Attachments

• S6304290.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 184
My 64 came with factory outside mirrors on both sides with the factory Pentastar embossed on each one and has never rusted. When I saw the prices for the mirrors, I couldn't believe my eyes.

thy original mirrors with original chrome? i worry about the crappy chrom out there these days.

I keep thinking about the $7900 yellow fish also. I went back and looked at it again today.

Yeah shoulda woulda coulda. I drove past that spot (250 miles away) on 2 separate road trips (800 miles one way each) fetching parts for my fish which were bought just to make mine stock looking like that one. Water under the bridge and maybe it was a rusty pile underneath all that pretty paint. Sure would look good though with one of the black shoulder stripes and a 416 badge at the rear.

Oh well. Now I have to get the guy who said he would do my bodywork to actually do the body work.

Redfish, those stock type mirrors look good and the paint doesn't really distract.

I dont think all OEM mirrors were created equal. Reason being, The left door mirror in my 73 Valiant still looks awesome. I've seen numorus examples on newer models that looked much pitiful. Luck of the draw I guess.

I voted stock style. I think they look great on the hartop Darts. I could be wrong, but I believe they were located in a different spot on the passenger side to allow proper viewing due to the vent window.

Grant

Just bought a Stock Style right side view mirror for the wife's 'Cuda !! For the same reason,habit !! Haven't gotten it installed yet,but a step closer !! Went with the Stock style because of the overall condition of her car,which is sorta restored !!:cheers:

Dang cars are an expensive hobby. My Dart came with cheap black aftermarket mirrors. I like the looks, but they flop all over the place with no way to tighten them. I found a nice set of aftermarket chrome sport mirrors at Mopars in the Park. The left is cable remote, the right manual. $375 for the pair. They look fantastic in the box. I went to install them and found the black aftermarkets I have required the PO to drill several new holes. Now to install the expensive mirrors I really want I have to do body work and paint. Anyway, my vote is chrome rally.

My right door mirror is remote control. I figured if I'm going to drill holes in the door to add a right mirror, I may as well drill holes for the long cable remote control. Loving it too.
Wish I would have done this.......

I dont think all OEM mirrors were created equal. Reason being, The left door mirror in my 73 Valiant still looks awesome. I've seen numorus examples on newer models that looked much pitiful. Luck of the draw I guess.

my pass. side one still looks new, the driver side one looks like crap (both the chrome and the glass).

-
Back