Missed on this combo?

-
For the record I have never seen a 108 LSA work yet--hate them. I'd rather a 106 or a 110-112 but if you're gonna go 106 then go tighter--104. Don't know exactly why but 108 does nothing well. Hate 'em.J.Rob

That hurt.lol

That exhaust port being a sb Chrysler would make anyone who's not familiar with them cringe. It doesn't look bad, from those pics.

I think a much more interesting thread would be how to apply 580 horsepower to the street and actually make it hook?

For the record I have never seen a 108 LSA work yet--hate them. I'd rather a 106 or a 110-112 but if you're gonna go 106 then go tighter--104. Don't know exactly why but 108 does nothing well. Hate 'em.J.Rob

What might you be doing the same when going between those lsa's to come to this conclusion, maybe you're thinking too clearly in the parts combo :)

It's doable.
Well, 540 is not that hard.
Anyhow... YR I'd be worried about 3 things with that Ultradyne.
1 valve to piston clearance. I have to check my notebook but I think I have .110/.098 now.

2. At 11.4 to 1, do I have enough compression?

And 3.....might my cylinder pressure be way low?
Waiting for a flywheel to check cranking compression. I'm really interested to see where that is........hate to do it cold, but I guess I'll get a good idea where I'm at.

So.........

1. It would be close. I get about .683 lift with an actual 1.6. The tighter LSA will change P to V more than lift so yup it could be close.

2. May be a skosh low. I'd be looking for trends, as in a later closing intake (or advance the cam you have and see what happens) and let that tell you where you are going.

3. It's possible. If that's the case (pressure to low) you could advance the cam and get the cranking pressure up a bit.

FWIW, because I'm like sparky the fire dog, I called a cam company I trust and he says my head is up my derrière. This particular cam company (not Bullet) said the cam ain't your problem. This cam company didn't even mind the 108 LSA, but did say that the torque is way down at 4000 where the 108 should have kicked butt. This company wasn't fond of the Super Victor.

So, as is typical you can call 10 different cam companies and get 15 different answers.

I still say the duration is too short, and the LSA is a bit wide. But this other cam company says not. I always post the straight poop.

I know you do. That's why I listen. And retain the info.

Just got off the phone with a Mopar guy named Tom Hemphill. Gonna flow a head on Thursday morning. He says more than likely port velocity is TOO high. We shall see. Has a good Mopar rep.

Then at least I'll know what direction to go. I hope.

He said same thing you've been saying. More than likely will need more duration and thought 108 was a weird LSA. How bout that!

I know you do. That's why I listen. And retain the info.

Just got off the phone with a Mopar guy named Tom Hemphill. Gonna flow a head on Thursday morning. He says more than likely port velocity is TOO high. We shall see. Has a good Mopar rep.

Then at least I'll know what direction to go. I hope.

He said same thing you've been saying. More than likely will need more duration and thought 108 was a weird LSA. How bout that!

My mom says I'm crazy like a fox! My wife just thinks I'm nuts.

Says someone who's rapid firing his opinions daily.
Not in a while.
108 lsa is not the problem. Imho

You were asking whose flow bench I was using. It's not your business.

Who knows, if I'm bored tomorrow I may call a couple of other folks and see what they say. All my math is saying 105ish on the LSA and it needs more duration. One cam company thinks I'm wrong. He didn't convince me thought

You were asking whose flow bench I was using. It's not your business.

Who knows, if I'm bored tomorrow I may call a couple of other folks and see what they say. All my math is saying 105ish on the LSA and it needs more duration. One cam company thinks I'm wrong. He didn't convince me thought
Whatever you say buddy....I get it, its a secret ;)
Im not a super victor fan, I wouldnt be using it on this.
The heads are a mystery yet not...its safe to say they aren't married to the numbers advertised, but by how much...
I would expect to see more @.050 .
I think "see the difference" an intake swap and header diameter change, maybe step...but we can taylor around or compensate for the heads or small duration cam or intake...but what are we doing? making the best of this or helping him hit the mark?

I would put that cam in straight up to start, isn't it 4 degrees advanced now?

Whatever you say buddy....I get it, its a secret ;)
Im not a super victor fan, I wouldnt be using it on this.
The heads are a mystery yet not...its safe to say they aren't married to the numbers advertised, but by how much...
I would expect to see more @.050 .
I think "see the difference" an intake swap and header diameter change, maybe step...but we can taylor around or compensate for the heads or small duration cam or intake...but what are we doing? making the best of this or helping him hit the mark?

I would put that cam in straight up to start, isn't it 4 degrees advanced now?[/QUOTE

It's not a secret. Just how is it any of YOUR business?

The rest of your post I agree with. Trying to help him hit the mark. That's why I offered him a known cam for free and to flow his heads for free. That's why, while bored today I called a cam company I use. I posted what THEY said. I don't necessarily agree with it. But I posted it anyway.

LOL I'll pay for the shipping no problem if I can put them on my flow bench? My flow bench is a 73 Duster LOL I'll bolt them on my flow bench and send you the time slips :popcorn:
If you want to pay the freight I'll flow them for FREE on a Flow Data 700 bench. All you have to do is pay the freight.

PM me if interested. Hell, I'd even tell you if I think I can fix them. Or if they are not worth fixing.

Not many intakes to chose from. Indy 360 is like hens teeth and needs a lot of mods. I love and have used an Airgap before, with a 1 inch spacer. I have seriously been considering that but I think that manifold is all done at 6000 RPM or so. They sure do make some torque, though.

What else is out there that can make power? Weiand X-cellerator? Come on now.....

Not many intakes to chose from. Indy 360 is like hens teeth and needs a lot of mods. I love and have used an Airgap before, with a 1 inch spacer. I have seriously been considering that but I think that manifold is all done at 6000 RPM or so. They sure do make some torque, though.

What else is out there that can make power? Weiand X-cellerator? Come on now.....
You'd be really surprised at how high some dual planes will go...ld340 on my 410 -I shift at 7 grand and its making horse power the entire way.
The xcellerator is a nice "stretch the hp another 700 rpm" intake as well...
you should pull the victor off the other motor you have and try it out on this one...I would think if it picked up a lot...to go against the grain....
There are ways to get the most torque you can out of this even if the heads are trippin you up.

Last edited:
Well I'm going to start the conversation on mopar General discussion about how to make over 550 horsepower hook on the street. I'm just asking the question because I have no idea....
fyi ironmike- I'm not a hater I do hope you reach your goals of your 600 horsepower I'm just curious what your going to do with it LOL

Last edited:
Went to 32, 34, then 36. Likes 30. My other motor liked 30, too.
Did not flow heads after they came back. Cam installed at 104 is Bullets instruction. Don't think it's "goofy". They know a little bit about cams. My Lunati is a 110 LSA, also installed 104, per Lunati. That's a full 6 degrees advanced.

No signs of detonation but now wishing I had tried some race gas. Really hate to tear this thing apart. Like replicaracer sind, it sure ain't no slouch, but I was thinking 580-590 easy.
My stroker

-
Back