Status
Not open for further replies.

gunmetal72

Life is a dark ride
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Contact seller
I am hoping someone might be able to help. I have been serching for a modern Radio/CD/or Radio/Cassette that will fit the opening in the dash without doing any cutting. I really don't want to butcher the dash. I figured someone must know where I can find one. I would even take an oldler one that has a cassette instead of a CD, as long as it fits the factory radio hole.

That Pyle is super interesting looking. Anyone have real world experience in an A-body? Pics would be sweet.

Very little will fit properly. The dash for my Barracuda was already cut (and I will finish the job by installed a modern stereo or more...).

The original radio can be converted to AM/FM (I believe) and it can be fitted with an MP3 input. Lots of options, but how much do you want to spend?

I have also considered installing an amp with a single MP3 input, all hidden except the speakers.

any of the side by side dual shaft radios... provided you do not have a thumbwheel dash

There is a company in Blaine, MN that will put a new radio in your box. They can add MP jack, cd or pretty much anything you would want. They are pricey but you have the original in the hole but new sound.

Send me a pm and I will look up the name when I return home from business.

I bought a Retrosound for my sixty-seven Barracuda Although it doesn't have a CD player or cassette, it does have an MP3 hookup. The sound reproduction is great. The innovative feature it has that makes it special is that the rotary knobs are not mounted on the stereo housing so you can actually install the knobs anywhere you'd like. (either both on one side of the stereo, above the stereo, below it, etc...)

Just for the sake of mentioning... A TV show stated 5 auto makers are deleting the cd slot for all model by 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back