Molnar and Campbell Enterprise dissapointment.

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Both companies have dropped the ball as far as I’m concerned. I paid Campbell for Molnar rods in January and they rarely pick up the phone. Molnar does but if you try to get an estimate on delivery time for rods ordered and paid for in January I got nothing out of them. I’ve had the Molnar 4 inch 340 based crank sitting here waiting for well over 7 months. May be time to move on to another company that has small block mopar rods.

Both companies have dropped the ball as far as I’m concerned. I paid Campbell for Molnar rods in January and they rarely pick up the phone. Molnar does but if you try to get an estimate on delivery time for rods ordered and paid for in January I got nothing out of them. I’ve had the Molnar 4 inch 340 based crank sitting here waiting for well over 7 months. May be time to move on to another company that has small block mopar rods.
Scat offers premium rods also not just the norm ### especially if u are running 2" rod journal !!!

Are you waiting on a standard 6.123 .984 rod or a 6.123 .927 rod, or does that crank have a chevy journal

Are you waiting on a standard 6.123 .984 rod or a 6.123 .927 rod, or does that crank have a chevy journal

Standard mopar sized on this one. When I originally called Molnar in December he had one set of Chevy sized rods so I jumped on them. Well being I put this engine together seven years ago and bought they assembly and R3 block as a package deal I forgot about it being Mopar sized. So I just sold those rods. If I had ordered the original assembly it would have been Chevy sized.

The lack of communication from all these companies makes this whole deal worse.

I have two items on order right now from Summit and they were supposedly going to be shipping some time mid July when I ordered back in May. I think it was May. When I placed the order I knew I would be waiting, but I also decided then I would cancel the order if I don’t hear anything by August 1st.

I usually only buy stuff I want when it’s in stock. I hate paying up front for a back order.

Maybe Callies?

Probably out of my price range. The engine is fresh in my car and I have a shortblock on my engine stand ready to go for my son but he’s not ready. I’m still kinda kicking around possibly going with a roller cam if I keep taking on work. I want to do more work to those 360-1 heads now too. I just like to have parts that I paid for 6-7 months prior.

I don't know what style connecting rod you're looking for or if you have a preference of weight but you could go by H beams from Ohio crankshaft right now. I stand by those beefy sons of bitches, they're strong.

Standard mopar sized on this one. When I originally called Molnar in December he had one set of Chevy sized rods so I jumped on them. Well being I put this engine together seven years ago and bought they assembly and R3 block as a package deal I forgot about it being Mopar sized. So I just sold those rods. If I had ordered the original assembly it would have been Chevy sized.
Yes the chevy journal is nice its a shame they do not offer it on the 360 cranks

Probably out of my price range. The engine is fresh in my car and I have a shortblock on my engine stand ready to go for my son but he’s not ready. I’m still kinda kicking around possibly going with a roller cam if I keep taking on work. I want to do more work to those 360-1 heads now too. I just like to have parts that I paid for 6-7 months prior.
How do you like the RB roller cam your running now

I don't know what style connecting rod you're looking for or if you have a preference of weight but you could go by H beams from Ohio crankshaft right now. I stand by those beefy sons of bitches, they're strong.

I may even have a set sitting here out of my sons engine that broke a comp roller lifter bar but that assembly is all balanced so I’m not separating it.

Capitalism dictates that if someone doesn't want your money, then you have the freedom to spend it somewhere else.

-
Back