Monster Mopar Weekend in Indy 2013

-
Oh, you lied to me... [-( :violent1:

She was one of the reasons that I was going to go. :angel5:

That's ok. There are a couple of others that I want to meet (like Ma Snart, Memike & Treva), in addition to seeing how you are doing. :D

And the rest of the crew that I met last year - Tony, C, Bob, and others (too many for my limited memory to recall).... :glasses7:

I'm still trying to make it and hope to see you all there!!! :cheers:
Funny, I was just going off what I was told, they decided they couldn't make it this year.

:cheers: Let it rain today :coffee2: (as I see it is) :glasses7:
Sending out a favor to mother nature :angel5: and asking for a cool front to hit with sun shine for us
on this great Strongend we are about to enjoy :cheers:

6pakC driving Tony Fields Barracuda last year

Attachments

• DSCF4572%20(Medium).jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 182
Weather looks ok on my radar. They are saying chance for spotty showers Sunday but Friday and Saturday look perfect 81 and sunny!

All I ask is for no more high winds to tear stuff up. Man that was miserable with last years wind. But that's why it's sooner than later!
Can't wait, can't wait!
My boss is trying to make me feel bad about not being here on Friday, but oh well!
Can't wait, can't wait!

The long haulers are on the road Tony, may they have a safe and enjoying drive :cheers:

This long hauler is loaded up and ready to go. I'll be pulling out around 3:00am and get to my motel about 2:00pm.

Attachments

• `.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 170
Damn looks like rain.I put plates and insurance on Cindy today.I am still working on her but she is ready to go!

I'm wondering what others received in the mail for this show. When I registered online April 15th, I paid for the car show entry and 2 all weekend passes. I paid via paypal. Yesterday I received a single wrist band in the mail. Literally a wrist band in a plain envelope with nothing else. I was expecting something for the car show entry, but maybe I'm suppose to pick that up when I arrive. What did you guys receive in the mail?

I'm wondering what others received in the mail for this show. When I registered online April 15th, I paid for the car show entry and 2 all weekend passes. I paid via paypal. Yesterday I received a single wrist band in the mail. Literally a wrist band in a plain envelope with nothing else. I was expecting something for the car show entry, but maybe I'm suppose to pick that up when I arrive. What did you guys receive in the mail?

From facebook (Josh King):

"Monster Mopar Participants.

We have just realized there was a mistake in our mailing spread sheet.

If you PURCHASED an extra weekend wrist band for a spectator it did not get mailed to you. They are going out in the mail today. If you do not receive yourself before the event we will have your name on a list at the gates.

Sorry for the confusion."

Sounds like you can give them your name at the gate and they will get it fixed. Good luck.

I hope not. I don't feel like going down there and slopping around in the mud and rain.... [-(

Yeah, I'm going to keep an eye on the radar, but if it stays like it is now I'll be leaving my car at home. No sense in paying $150 for 2 races if they will likely get rained out....bummer. I'll still be there to look at the show cars at stuff on Saturday, rain or shine.

You should have received (2) wrist bands, a decal for the window
and a letter with a map on back. That's what came in my packet.

The first year I didn't receive anything in the mail. They had it for
me at the registration tent.

The forecasters are just covering there rear ends 0.10th inch of rain and 6?% chance of
rain, and I bet it will stay well south of the track, 2 years ago we had the same forecast
and it rained/sprinkled some that Friday morning and they dried the track and all the race cars fired up and ran.. when a cool front moved in they throw that in just in case it does rain :cheers: I am glad it's not going to be 98 degrees :D

Tony, Do you have a NOAA Weather radio. Or any other members nearby?

Please listen to it and see what they are predicting. They are usually more accurate. Post it here and let us know.

Let's see if this works.

Extended.png

Central Indiana and the Ohio Valley will remain in an unsettled weather pattern into the weekend as a broad upper trough settles across the Great Lakes. Scattered thunderstorms will be possible each day as cooler air steadily expands into the region with highs falling from the lower and mid 80s Friday into the upper 70s by Sunday.

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/news/display_cmsstory.php?wfo=ind&storyid=75636&source=0

Ok, with NOAA 30% is what they always predict and it does not necessarily mean that it will rain. The higher above 30, the more chance it will rain. From this outlook, I would say it has a higher chance to rain Friday than Sat or Sun. Lets keep our fingers crossed....

Good cal KrazyKuda, I have been watching that cool front move in and the leading edge
has already hit the north western part of Tennessee so this will be a scattered shower event and miss the Indy area all together, but we will enjoy some cool weather and some scattered clouds :glasses7:

This old Bass fisherman has spoken ;) and keeping positive that my wisdom and faith is
still intact :color:

According to this feed:

Friday: 30% chance of rain.
Friday Night: 30% chance of rain.
Saturday: 50% chance of rain.
Saturday night: 20% chance of rain.
Sunday: 30% chance of rain.

[ame]http://www.crh.noaa.gov/images/ind/INDSAFNW1.mp3[/ame]

It looks like Sat may have some rain, but we can keep our fingers crossed and hope it misses Indy.

Good cal KrazyKuda, I have been watching that cool front move in and the leading edge
has already hit the north western part of Tennessee so this will be a scattered shower event and miss the Indy area all together, but we will enjoy some cool weather and some scattered clouds :glasses7:

This old Bass fisherman has spoken ;) and keeping positive that my wisdom and faith is
still intact :color:

I hope that this bass fisherman is correct. :toothy7:

Friday 70% chance of no rain :D
Saturday 50% chance of no rain :glasses7:
then it gets down to 70% chance of not getting rained on :cheers:

You knew I had to krazykuda :D

-
Back