Monster Mopar Weekend in Indy 2013

-
Yeah, I've been watching this one:

http://www.weather.com/weather/5-day/Avon+IN+46123:4:US

Friday 20% chance for rain.
Saturday 50%
Sunday 40%

We have had HARD rain pretty much everyday for the past 4-5 days (I live 15 min from the track), each day "they" said it was a chance of isolated showers....but all the local forecasters do agree that we are in a pattern that will not be changing for a while. So, I guess that means rain in the afternoon/evening everyday....which for the racers means, you will get your time runs, maybe 1 round of eliminations, then down pour and cancel the race...I truly hope I'm wrong, but that's what it looks like.

Friday 70% chance of no rain :D
Saturday 50% chance of no rain :glasses7:
then it gets down to 70% chance of not getting rained on :cheers:

You knew I had to krazykuda :D

So you play the half full, half empty game...

Yeah, I've been watching this one:

http://www.weather.com/weather/5-day/Avon+IN+46123:4:US

Friday 20% chance for rain.
Saturday 50%
Sunday 40%

We have had HARD rain pretty much everyday for the past 4-5 days (I live 15 min from the track), each day "they" said it was a chance of isolated showers....but all the local forecasters do agree that we are in a pattern that will not be changing for a while. So, I guess that means rain in the afternoon/evening everyday....which for the racers means, you will get your time runs, maybe 1 round of eliminations, then down pour and cancel the race...I truly hope I'm wrong, but that's what it looks like.

The weather channel is not bad either, but I prefer to use NOAA. This is directly from the National Weather Service. They feed the alerts to the radios and tv stations. I have a radio that gets the alerts. When you put your alarm to the "On" position, you will get the alert 10-15 minutes before they flash it on the bottom of the screen for the local tv stations.

I've also noticed that some tv stations like to play to their audience and change the forecast to sound better. NOAA tells you straight as it is...

Both sources are predicting 50% rain for Sat. Let's hope that the winds change a little so it will miss Indy, either north or south, I don't care as long as it misses us....

I hope you all have a blast and that the weather is great!!!! Be sure to take lots of pictures...especially if Karl wears a new funny T-shirt!!! :D

I made it to my motel this afternoon. Time to chill out till tomorrow.

Not many pre-registered, Just got back from setting camp up at the track.

Well ,,,,,, Demon is back down on the ground, still having the problem with the temp climbing at 65-70 mph seems to be ok at 50-55. Just had the radiator rodded and cleaned thinking that was the problem, new cap, I dunno ............ Ill be there, even if I have to trailer it. ( nothing wrong with a trailer John/Jeff Miller when you go long distance ........lol )

Well ,,,,,, Demon is back down on the ground, still having the problem with the temp climbing at 65-70 mph seems to be ok at 50-55. Just had the radiator rodded and cleaned thinking that was the problem, new cap, I dunno ............ Ill be there, even if I have to trailer it. ( nothing wrong with a trailer John/Jeff Miller when you go long distance ........lol )

Put her on the trailer John. Nothing wrong with that.

We know you drive it.:D

I think Cindys acc. pump is shot.I am going to rebuilt the carb. tonight.I really want to bring the car!!!

Jim

Jim ...you and i in same boat ........still working to fix my issues at this time also ..(took timeout to eat) ...trailer still an option ........

Anybody have a electronic dizzy they may want to get rid of that will be there Friday? My petronix unit is dead so I'm on the hunt for something to replace it... The dual point I have on there has no vac advance and my car is by no means a race car so id like to swap it for something without points and with a vac advance

I found my old one salonasjoel, But!!! I forgot I changed it out already :sign3:
Jeeeeese!! oldtimers trying to creep in , It does work and you will need to put some sand paper on the electrode stare by know :glasses7:, but it worked for me and as you can
see I changed it and the electronic pick up is good as is the vacuum advance.
the shaft had a little wiggle and I could set it :cheers: and run it but I new the shaft
had a little wiggle, I think these can be repaired :eek:ops: Sorry to get your hopes up, I went out and found it and remembered I already changed it a year ago :sign3: my bad :eek:ops:
I marked it when it cam out of my 1985 Ramcharger ..

Attachments

• Monster MoPar 2013 032.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 239
Got my cam/security up and running and buddy ready for a hot day tomorrow, he stayed inside
with me today

Attachments

• Monster MoPar 2013 036.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 218
So you play the half full, half empty game...
Well let me put it this way If a barrel of fish is half full of fish or half empty I would not shoot the fish in the barrel... I just reach in and get what I need

Yep half full :D

I hope you all have a blast and that the weather is great!!!! Be sure to take lots of pictures...especially if Karl wears a new funny T-shirt!!! :D
I will be ready Keith Can't wait to meet him and others, I will be taking pictures of members signing the banner :D

If it rains, there's a pool at my hotel!
I will come over and watch it over fill :toothy7: but I am thinking this system is dyeing out and we will see this rain system weaken :glasses7:

I made it to my motel this afternoon. Time to chill out till tomorrow.
Awww!! You are there already Stay cool and chill, watch a little tv and kick you feet back, we are getting ready to leave early tomorrow morning J, see you Friday night or Saturday morning. But we will be there by 1 pm. :glasses7:

Not many pre-registered, Just got back from setting camp up at the track.
Not Pre registered or just not there yet ? :glasses7:

I think Cindys acc. pump is shot.I am going to rebuilt the carb. tonight.I really want to bring the car!!!

Jim
Cindy's carb is in good hands, I bet you have it ready to go back on and waiting for a test drive :cheers:

Jim ...you and i in same boat ........still working to fix my issues at this time also ..(took timeout to eat) ...trailer still an option ........
How far are you from the track John ? :glasses7:

I finished loading up just as the sun was setting. Ready to leave in the morning for about a 5-6 hour drive. :cheers:

photo.JPG

Well, my wife talked me into going....I'll be there tomorrow WITH the car :D. The weather looks a bit better for Saturday......YEE HAA! :burnout:

See you guys tomorrow morning... No car she's still fighting me but that's alright I plan on working on her in the afternoon

The trip begins in about 8 hours, leaving at 5 am See everyone there, please stop by Saturday and sign my banner, I have it all rolled up and ready for our 8 hour drive, my resting spot and room to bring back some treasures

Attachments

• Monster MoPar 2013 041.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 226
  • Monster MoPar 2013 039.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 217
  • Avenger 1 010.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 240
Today if you were pre-registered you could come park in advance at 12. Not many came out today. See everyone tomarrow.

Anybody have a electronic dizzy they may want to get rid of that will be there Friday? My petronix unit is dead so I'm on the hunt for something to replace it... The dual point I have on there has no vac advance and my car is by no means a race car so id like to swap it for something without points and with a vac advance

I have an accel one NIB, let me know if you need it, I won't get there till about noon Sat.

-
Back