Mopar Action magazine DISCONTINUED

-
Mopar Action was published 164 times.

Of the 164 issues, only twelve covers featured A bodies.....with one Duster and no Demon :(...

June '10 had a demon on the cover.

I should clarify what I meant by "featured".

Every edition had two or three cars on the cover....the Demon wasn't the headliner pic.

Guys 'n' gals:

The reports of our death are a bit premature. Here's the straight scoop:

The magazine (print) has continued to sell well, and ad revenue has also been strong. The problem has been newsstand "space"...it is obvious that fewer and fewer outlets sell magazines, and those that do devote less floor and shelf space. The internet has been a "disruptive technology" for all print media. The publisher's current distributor decided he had to carry fewer titles. We made the first few cuts over prior years but this looks tough.

The August issue has been printed and will be distributed as usual. Harris (the publisher) is scrambling to find new distribution (newsstand), if that happens, there won't even be a hiccup. If not, we may upgrade the online version (a lot!) and send a print issue to subscribers.

Either way, thanks for your support!

Cliff Gromer, Ed.
Rick Ehrenberg, Tech Ed

Chrysler Power and Mopar Action - Mopar Action - not done | Moparts General | Moparts Forums

check the latest replies in that thread... seems like it is actually dead.

Cliff, EBerg and I tried really hard to pull this off... It looked really good for a while however the final conclusion is that Mopar Action is a great package as is and appeals to a certain audience, as does Chrysler Power... And while those audiences overlap quite significantly, Roland's (that's me) position is to continue to do BOTH magazines, publishing on opposite months like we already do... And, as Cliff says, a PURE Mopar Action and PURE Chrysler Power... Sticking point now seems to be how ya gonna pay for all this since Harris didn't leave any money in the kitty for continuation... My position was to rally all the advertisers to stay with MA, get the subscribers to stake us to an extra year sub for only $25 so we had some working capital for ink on paper and postage (LOTS of you guys did thanks!) and we'd SQUEEZE thru thanks to our printer as the ad money finally arrived with the Calvary... Looks like we're stuck on the ad guy getting the MA advertisers notified... (If it doesn't fly, all you guys that so generously signed up for the CPMA package will all get your money back...) Pray for sunny weather please!

personally i don't see it as any big loss.. all magazines have been for a long long time now is a new product show case . if you need any real information the internet has it instantly. the cars they all seem to run the same month can be seen online on different boards.

Anyone else get some legal letter from Harris Publication? I guess they are getting sued or something. I hate legal mumbo jumbo. It's all Greek to me.

Yea I started a thread on it the other day.

I just got the letter, had my lawyer look at it. Looks like they went bankrupt and if you have a subscription you won't be getting any more magazines. You can send in the form with proof of payment to try to get your money (or some of it). I am definitely going to do it cause they put out a discounted offer for a year subscription and then declared bankruptcy, clearly a rip off.

Rick has confirmed that Mopar Action is back.

Just the same, same guys, same look....same, same. Keep an eye on the MA website for more news re: subscriptions, etc.

WooHoo!!

I have to agree with magazines sucking because of the blatand product showcasing.

I love seeing write ups where they are doing say a head or intake comparison, and just toss every piece of the motor out (cam, heads, rockers, intake, carb etc) and automatically 'prove' that you gain 150hp by changing the heads? How does that work?! I would like to see results where only the part they ate are 'testing' gets changed, leave the MSD crap off, don't replace that 'junk' carter for that demon carb, forget removing that 4 barrel intake for that new edelbrock. And maybe I want to keep my torque making street friendly camshaft and hydraulic flat tappets in too because I like the feel but wanted new heads and blew all my money already?

I fell out with Randy from MM when I was on Power tour a few years ago. I happened to be in line behind him to check out of Operyland Hotel the next morning. My car was parked outside the front door and I told him he wanted to see a real 67 GTS it was sitting there. He replied "Uoh GTS what is that and stumbled around and finally said a Dart??. I thought here he is writing the magazine and don't even know one car from another

Trust me Randy knows what the hell a GTS is. I think there is a little more to that story? Randy lost his job rather in a nasty bullshit way. The weekend of Mopars against the world in Cecil Ga. He was talking about how to improve the event next year and what changes he wanted to make. This was Memorial weekend a few years ago Saturday and Sunday. It was when he showed up for work at MM on Monday that he found out he had been fired. That was to make room for Johnny Hunkins after the mag he was editor of failed.

MM is a rag mag that I'm sorry to say I have to put up with till April 2017. But then I'm done. The Sept. 2016 issue starts with 8 pages of Harbor freight advertising.

Good. Maybe they'll send me my year subscription they owe me...

No, I don't think they will. Harris Publications owe you that, and they're broke.

They owe me eleven issues out of a twelve issue two year subscription, but I won't get them.....I did respond to the lawyer letter though.

I'll subscribe again. I only need to learn one new thing a year to make the subscription worthwhile.

From Cliff Gromer (MA editor)

"Online subs won't be active for a while. You can call Ian Miller who handles subs at the new company to subscribe

212-478-1952

[email protected]"

I don't know how they handle those of you that renewed and had Harris quit on you.

Rick E-berg recently posted on another forum and said that the new publisher WOULD honor the old subscriptions.

Just not sure how that would affect those of us who sent the lawyers letter back.....

I had just paid for a 2 year renewal when they went bankrupt. I didn't send in the lawyers letter back, figured it would be a waste of time.

Here's the latest....

This is the last part of a story in the new MoPar Collectors Guide I just received.

cid:668B2D7B-D94A-49C3-981A-91DF24CBBD4A

cid:668B2D7B-D94A-49C3-981A-91DF24CBBD4A

MoparAction.jpg

Glad to see this..unfortunately, I didn't get the last issue. :(
Did a December issue come out? I stupidly too did a two yr sub when I went to Ohio from oz, thought it would be easier. Got the lawyer letter also and didn't bother, did enjoy that magazine.

Did a December issue come out? I stupidly too did a two yr sub when I went to Ohio from oz, thought it would be easier. Got the lawyer letter also and didn't bother, did enjoy that magazine.

Yep......Frank's 21,000 mile EV2 4 speed Survivor takes up 6 pages......

-
Back