Mopar Action magazine DISCONTINUED

-
Hey, mine arrived today too.
I swear I just sent the 1-year subscription in a couple of weeks ago.

It's been a dark, desolate existence sitting on the porcelain throne ever since Ehrenberg stopped showing up in my mailbox every other month. Mopar Muscle doesn't cut it; I think I've now seen every resto-modded Cuda in the US.
Subscribed to Hemmings Muscle Machines and actually like it better than MM - it has at least 2 Mopars in every issue plus other really cool muscle cars that get me thinking.
If MA resurrects, I'll reup and cross my fingers.
December issue showed up in my mailbox. I open the mag and the first page I see - a resto-mod Cuda. What are the odds? It's a twin turbo diesel so give points for originality. Still glad to have MA back.
One thing I have'ta ask though: I subscribe to a number of mags; Hot Rod, MM, Hemmings, Consumer Reports, and they all show up in the mailbox looking like they just came off the grocery store rack. MA on the other hand, even with the new publisher, always arrives looking like it spent a month on the floor of Ehrenbergs' car before being mailed off; it's ripped, creased, scuffed. Anyone else have this happening?

December issue showed up in my mailbox. I open the mag and the first page I see - a resto-mod Cuda. What are the odds? It's a twin turbo diesel so give points for originality. Still glad to have MA back.
One thing I have'ta ask though: I subscribe to a number of mags; Hot Rod, MM, Hemmings, Consumer Reports, and they all show up in the mailbox looking like they just came off the grocery store rack. MA on the other hand, even with the new publisher, always arrives looking like it spent a month on the floor of Ehrenbergs' car before being mailed off; it's ripped, creased, scuffed. Anyone else have this happening?

I also subscribe to several: Hot Rod, MM, MA, and Street Rodder. Used to subscribe to Car Craft but let that one go, and recently subscribed to Hemmings Muscle Machines again after several years without it. I'm always looking for new ideas and you never know where you may find them.
To answer your question I've never had a problem with a specific title consistently arriving damaged. My new copy of Mopar Action arrived in perfect condition but my latest Mopar Muscle arrived a couple of days ago bent, pages folded and the cover completely ripped off.

Last edited:
I keep reading about people who got there owed issues. Thats nice.
Haven't seen a thing out of them yet.

I keep reading about people who got there owed issues. Thats nice.
Haven't seen a thing out of them yet.
I emailed them and got mine soon after.
You may have been through this before, but this is from Mopar Action's Facebook page in mid-August. It seems they are planning to make good on paid subscriptions.

Q: Will you be honoring the subscription I had when you stopped publishing, or am I just S-O-L?

A:
Mopar Action Magazine We will take care of all your concerns. Please contact us at 800-284-5668 or email [email protected] with your name, address and a brief message explaining your situation.

Good luck. I hope you get satisfaction.

Well, my copy finally showed up.
After I e-mailed and asked. If I hadn't they wouldn't have sent it. There are still some issues that need to be worked out I guess.
I can't be mad at these people, it's not their fault, I get that.

Like the original post, I thought my subscription had died and I missed it. When the new mag showed up, I was pleased. MM is one thing but MA is quite another; more my speed. I've been a subscriber ever since the NOS neon rental incadent. My kinda guys :thumbsup:

I got a Dec issue in Oct.
Anyone see any thing else?
I was owed 2 more issues from before. I did get a letter asking me to renew. I'm still skeptical.

I got December
Should have gotten 1 more
I just mailed my renewal
Nothing yet
I got the latest issue at the grocery store
8 bucks.

I just bought the Feb 2018 issue.
It has a cool '71 Scamp on the cover with a shark's tooth grille in it.
Looks like they're back to their old form which is good, i find that it's the best mag out there.............

I just renewed for 2 years.

There is a Christmas special on subscriptions until Dec 26.

I think it's around $10 off a 2 year subscription.

$41.95 US for a Canadian two year.

Mopar Muscle has been very disappointing.Glad to see that Action is up and running again.Plan on dropping MM after 20+ years.Action has always been geared toward the Mopar Joe's of the world.

I have read all the Mopar mags for years, BUT dropped that habit 10-12 years back! I do suffer from withdrawal! ha But, then I will go off the wagon and buy a grocery store copy for an obscene amt of $, read thru it and find I enjoyed only 15% of its content. OK MA maybe 25%!
Maybe I will subscribe, I miss that NY city totally screwed up form of humor.

Saw the Feb issue in Kroger today.
They say they have a bad address.
They want me to renew and they can send the renewal notices to the right address, but they can't get the magazine here?
Hell with em!

I took advantage of a two year deal for $22 right before they went out of business. Has anyone else subscribed using that promotion? FYI this was back in March 2016.

-
Back