Mopar cop cars?

-
I would trade it or sell it for the cores that the car has now. It is a cool car and too good to crush, believe us. You may not be into them now, but in 20 years you will regret it.
It's not the money.
The cores that the car has are easily found elsewhere.
Pass it on to someone that appreciates this kind of thing.
If nothing else, save the vin and the fender tag as souveniers. It would be interesting to see what the broadcast sheet looks like.
This car is Americana at it's best in the car hobby.
JMHO, Save it!

It is a cool car. But IMO, it's rough. It needs EVERYTHING. Driver 1/4 is all bondo, its had a repaint, I put my foot through the floor today..

We'll see what the damage is after i start the destruction tomorrow.

My plans are to try to get the motor to turn over, and pull the seats out and pull the rubber mat out. See what the condition of the floors is..

BUT:

If anyone around Washington has a keen interest in it, it's most defiantly for sale. I have a clean title. Fender tag and VIN are present.

I don't have much time on my hands, otherwise I'd most likely keep it and learn fabrication off it and buy myself a welder. Time and money, both of which i really don't have unfortunately.

I'm up for trades too. Pass along info to anyone you think it interested.

IF you do part it out ( which I advise against !! ) , make certain to grab ALL of the cop-specific parts :
- Certified Speedometre
- Rubber Floor Mats ( even if they're torn ! )
- Wheels ( yes , they are different from standard duty 15x6.5's )
- Alternator
- other various specialty items

Most "C" Body police cars had / have riveted fender tags , for whatever reason . I've seen a small handful of 1972 - 1975 Polara / Monaco / Fury police cars , and all of them had riveted tags ; these were from both the Jefferson Ave Plant and the Belvidere Plant ; I've even seen them spot-welded on to the radiator core support (!?!).

A 1967 383 isn't all that desirable of a year for that motor ; it has smaller valves ; closed-chambre heads ; and a so-so cam profile ( albeit , the police versions typically had more overlap to them , for more low-end ) ; their carbs are too small as well ( 525 cfm Carter AVS , iirc ... ) .

I'm willing to bet that it's got manual steering as well ... Chrysler's power steering was notorious for being VERY numb ; that's why 9 times out of 10 , police cars were ordered with manual steering , including "C" bodies ( what a handful those must've been !! ) .
"Firm-Feel" boxes didn't arrive until the 1974 model year ( with the then-new "C" Body platform ) .

Disc brakes on a pre-1970 "C" Body ( excepting , maybe , the Imperial ) are quite rare .
They were made by "Budd" , and are 4 piston calipres , similar to the Kelsey-Hayes jobs on pre-1970 "B" bodies , and pre-1973 "A" bodies .
Parts for them are hen's teeth .

Really , like many before me have stated : either fix that mother up , or sell it to someone whom desires retired police cars . Take your profit , and buy a big block / 727 from another source . Not very difficult to find !

IF you do part it out ( which I advise against !! ) , make certain to grab ALL of the cop-specific parts :
- Certified Speedometre
- Alternator

Most "C" Body police cars had / have riveted fender tags , for whatever reason . I've seen a small handful of 1972 - 1975 Polara / Monaco / Fury police cars , and all of them had riveted tags ; these were from both the Jefferson Ave Plant and the Belvidere Plant ; I've even seen them spot-welded on to the radiator core support (!?!).

A 1967 383 isn't all that desirable of a year for that motor ; it has smaller valves ; closed-chambre heads ; and a so-so cam profile ( albeit , the police versions typically had more overlap to them , for more low-end ) ; their carbs are too small as well ( 525 cfm Carter AVS , iirc ... ) .

I'm willing to bet that it's got manual steering as well ... Chrysler's power steering was notorious for being VERY numb ; that's why 9 times out of 10 , police cars were ordered with manual steering , including "C" bodies ( what a handful those must've been !! ) .
"Firm-Feel" boxes didn't arrive until the 1974 model year ( with the then-new "C" Body platform ) .

Disc brakes on a pre-1970 "C" Body ( excepting , maybe , the Imperial ) are quite rare .
They were made by "Budd" , and are 4 piston calipres , similar to the Kelsey-Hayes jobs on pre-1970 "B" bodies , and pre-1973 "A" bodies .

Really , like many before me have stated : either fix that mother up , or sell it to someone whom desires retired police cars . Take your profit , and buy a big block / 727 from another source . Not very difficult to find !

Hi Nick ! R. G. here......well, you know what my feelings are on 4-door Mopars with BIG motors so it should be no surprise that I suggest...................SAVE IT & SELL IT!!! Your Dad & I will find that Dart project for you.....................concentrate on your trade school education. I've known you since you were 4 or 5 years old so I'd like to see you succeed with your education....your Dad & I are old farts...we will need someone to work on our Mopars when we get committed to the old folks home !!

- Certified Speedometre
- Alternator

Fender tag is riveted to the fender.

It's power steering.

Power drums, no disc

Let's cut to the chase here----whtat are you looking to get out of it, complete?

$1000 OBO

Cash talks..

Or possible trade for 68 dart / 69 dart or 68 dart parts

Craigslist ad:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/1962432104.html

67Fury1017.jpg

67Fury1020.jpg

67Fury1018.jpg

67Fury1016.jpg

Rust:

67Fury1007.jpg

67Fury1008.jpg

67Fury1006.jpg

67Fury1005.jpg

In Michigan we would cal that very little rust. lol

Well, the driver floor has a good size hole in it. I can see the torsion bar.

And the rest of the floors don't look too well... I'll know more when I:

1) Get under the look at the floors

OR

2) pull the seats out, and pull out the rubber mat.

But it doesn't look good in any case. The trunk is fairly solid which surprised me. A few holes. I haven't looked in the spare tire hole yet.

If i had a welder, some spare money, and TIME, I'd fix it up myself. But I don't have any of those 3. So it needs to leave me in some sort of way.

I leave for California for school next week. I want to have it gone by then..

My number is in the CL ad if anyone is really interested in it.

I've also contacted a police officer who may be interested in "restoring" it and using it as part of their display in the Police car museum. He is going to look into records to figure out where it was used in service at.

-Nick

Posting that in the ads here, Forbbodiesonly, and moparts.com will get many more views than the CL ad. I would post it in those two places as well as here.

Posting that in the ads here, Forbbodiesonly, and moparts.com will get many more views than the CL ad. I would post it in those two places as well as here.

Okay, thanks. I'll post it up in Moparts for sure. See where it goes.

I had 1 guy call today, but he was just jacking around... "does it have a 440?" When it clearly states its a 383...

Well.... no one seems to have a real keen interest in the car. No ones beating the door down so it looks like I'll salvage what I can and ship it off.

This car could come back, but it'd take too much money. Needs everything. And I don't have the time / money for it.

I'm going to start on taking things off tomorrow.

If anyone has an interest in some of the parts, heres a list, I'll add more when I found more parts that are salvagable

- Hood (has dent / some bondo but otherwise very nice)

- Trunk lid

- Certified speedo

- 65 amp alternator with bracket and amp gauge
- Entire dash (dash pad has a crack)
** Suppose the dash could go with the speedo, amp gauge and alternator. Amp guage must go with the alternator.

- Front / back seat (believe they've been recovered. Front seat has a rip underneath, but is pretty decent.

- Seat belts

- Fenders (Have 1 driver, 2 passenger. Driver has a dent on the bottom like someone tried to jack the car up there, 1 passenger is toast, the other is fairly decent)

- Original jack in the trunk

- Tail lights and rear trim

- Grill and head light bezels

- 3 of 4 headlights are the originals

I'm sure I'm missing some items but if anyone wants any of these parts... PM me.

That is cool! I am a big fan of old cop cars too and if I had the cash I would take it off your hands.Im sure I could adapt a late c body ac unit to it and create a really cool family cruiser.

I miss my 1983 318 Fury cop car. Was the Canadian version,called a Caravelle.Far cry from a 67 Fury 383 but I do love cop cars.As was said they do come with heavy duty everything and coolers hanging everywhere.

Still got some parts for sale...

11" rear dumbs w/ e-brake assembly and backing plates,

Certified speedo

Alternator and amp gauge

PM me if you're interested. Parts are for sale locally in North Seattle

-
Back