Mopar Dufuses in the 80s

-
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRakjcymOexLmvn56SNc2SrPWOW-J7GzPkSEKDua_jcU6PIQ8BB.jpg

Slider version wasn't bad either-

s-l300.jpg

When I was young, poor and didn't know any better. I cut up the rallye instrument panel to install a stereo. It wasn't really my fault, dodge had those odd radios with both knobs on the same side. Which of course, had zero after market support. Used the same tool for the speakers holes in the package tray and kick panels. The car was sooo much cooler with load music and other options besides AM

1971-charger interior cluster.jpg

so the only reason I put those lights back there was because of my best friend back in high school. (Still is today) it was back in the early 80s and and we were teenagers and I put them on my 73 javelin. All my friends thought they were cool. Come on man we were long haired stoners in the early 80s going to concerts and picking up chicks. It was cool. 82nd was the third largest cruising strip in the United States and we were there every Friday and Saturday night with my little lights on in the back looking cool! LOL or at least that's the way I'm going to remember it LOL
I guess you and your friends were COOL DOOFUSES ! LOL I knew it. lol

Late 70's just out of High school. I had the traction bars and the oh so popular flames. Inside had the Pioneer Super Tuner, EQ under the dash with Jensen 6x9's. Cruisin Ft. Lauderdale strip with my buddies V-8 Vega, we thought we were the coolest! Not a care in the world!

My Duster late 70s.jpg

My bezel was "hacked" also, which is why I decided to fill in the hole completely and call it a "radio delete." Installed a radio in the glove box.

DSC00588.JPG

DSC00590.JPG

DSC00962.JPG

I wish I could find a photo. We used to pinstripe our car windows. We would outline the glass with a 1/8" single stripe.

You mean like me painting the "383" billboards on my Newport 4dr? Or the traction bars on my '71 Barracuda? Or the holley 730 on a stock 318 on that same car? Or the custom fabricated tray to stop the oil from dripping on the exhaust from the leaking intake manifold on that same car? The 80s were a great time for me...lol

Does 86 count? 65 Barracuda, 340/904/7.25 rear on 4" shackles to clear the 10" wide pos-a-traction plastic tires with 2 different tires up front on Duster hubcaps. Duals (pretty quiet) but the rear hijacker air shocks didnt have extensions so it would make a terrible thump going over a bump. Had to keep the shocks aired up or the fender lip would hit the tire! Car was fun as hell....9" drums sucked.

Had a guy in town with a 1973 duster. 318 with tunnel ram through a goofy hood scoop. Fuzzy white hair on dash and speaker tray with Christmas lights inside hooked to the EQ on the stereo. N50’s, air shocks, side pipes! We called him Dual Carb Donny! He did have a Mod Top Cuda - always wondered what happened to that!!!

I was a Dufus! I thought I was cool. Had lots of car buddies, got laid often enough, smoked enough dope. Good times! I realize now that I was dumb as a bucket of hair, but it was a really good time.

I was a Dufus! I thought I was cool. Had lots of car buddies, got laid often enough, smoked enough dope. Good times! I realize now that I was dumb as a bucket of hair, but it was a really good time.

Dufus maybe....but Random people in the next car on cruise night do not count as car buddies, your hand does not count as getting laid and that was actually cat nip and you were not getting high.

Glad you enjoyed :poke:

Dufus maybe....but Random people in the next car on cruise night do not count as car buddies, your hand does not count as getting laid and that was actually cat nip and you were not getting high.

Holy crap! my life has been a lie! I always thought my hand counted!

Scan0012.jpg
Doofus-mobile. After the N50 period. What you can see is the decals in the quarter window. What you can't see is the 74 white bucket seats and 70 center console I never got around to installing the shifter for. And the LD4B, 650 dp on a stock motor with dented tube white coated Blackjack headers and air shocks. Didn't give a ****, man I had a Charger! Swear I'm gonna recreate it one day. Still love the stance......
Scan0011.jpg

Quit being a boner kill! The thread started taking a real turn for the fun.
Look at all this bad *** cool doofus (right) fun things everybody did to their car and now I'm trying to do all of them or at least the safe ones LOL yeah that's what the car is for the good times..

Look at all this bad *** cool doofus (right) fun things everybody did to their car and now I'm trying to do all of them or at least the safe ones LOL yeah that's what the car is for the good times..
Rock on my Doofus-mobile brother!

I am just giving Ben drinkin a hard time but he knows I am just messin'. He is on my bucket list of people to meet anyways.

The scratch and sniff air freshener hanging from the rear view mirror. got me a new one every pay day, blondes, brunets and red heads. lol we had some cool stuff back in the 70's and 80's.

I am just giving Ben drinkin a hard time but he knows I am just messin'. He is on my bucket list of people to meet anyways.
honestly I'm pretty perceptive and I could see all of that, but it was just as I was reading long and all this cool stuff and then you kind of flicking him some crap kind of boner killed the the vibe that was going on. just saying...
No harm no foul either way...

-
Back