Mopar in a Mustang ...

-

nydartsport74

Reaction score
still workin on my dart sport bout 65% done but might get a 68 or 69 mustang fastback FOR FREE IN GREAT SHAPE LOL... not da biggest ford fan mopar or no car lol..i wana piss off every ford guy i kno and drop a mopar block and tranny in it was wonderin if any1 knew how time or money consumming it would b ?

seriously? im pretty sure you are just trying to stir the pot. you arent even sure what year the ruststang is...

The shock value would be nuts! Remember though ,all the time,money and effort slow down the initial project.The shock value for a while versus something you can enjoy for a while.Grab the car ,and trade for services and parts for the car you really want done.

^agreed (and '68 and '69 Mustangs are completely different- easy to tell them apart-'67 and '68 are quite similar, as are '69 and '70)

but I'd take either one in a heartbeat:)

edit- but really, it wouldn't be that hard or expensive. If you can fabricate, that is-probably not much off-the-shelf help there.

Probably wouldn't be all that difficult is you have fabrication and welding skills. But seriously why bother. A fastback that has a ford motor and runs and drives would be worth a lot more and could be drove for a while and sold to help finance your mopar project. A good running 302 is pretty easy to find. Personally I am not a big fan of cross brand engine swaps especially on older vintage iron.

Personally, even though I've always been "pretty much Mopar" so far as musclecars go, I say leave the stang alone. If you want to bring a great Stang back alive, do the right thing and power it with Ford.

If you REALLY want'a tick off the Ferd owners, git yourself a Cobra Kit and stick an injected 5.7 / 6.1 in the thing

its a 68 just double checked yea i can fabricated so i guess its gotta b done lol...cant sell it its a family thing my aunt bought it off the lot brand new in 1970 told her i would keep it since i dont like ford that much guess i gotta put a 340 360 or 440 in it ...and this would b after my darts done mopars first lol

i would leave it ford. but if your gonna do it go with a hemi at least then itll be along the line of a boss 9 ;) and you can tell em that when they complain

Sounds like a big waste of time money and effort to me. People won't care. The Ford guys will think you destroyed the value of a 68 Fastback (and they will be right).

The Mopar guys like Mopars, not Fords......

Sell the 68 Fastback for a chunk of change and put that money toward your Dart.

its a 68 just double checked yea i can fabricated so i guess its gotta b done lol...cant sell it its a family thing my aunt bought it off the lot brand new in 1970 told her i would keep it since i dont like ford that much guess i gotta put a 340 360 or 440 in it ...and this would b after my darts done mopars first lol

Have you looked up the value of a fastback 68 Mustang? I guess not by the way you are talking. Depending on what car you have it could be rare.

The fastback standard model= 33,585 built.
The fastback Bench Seat model= 1079 built.
The fastback Deluxe model= 7661 built.
The fastback deluxe bench seat model= 256 built.

If you had a notch Mustang there must be a million of them.

1968 Darts, Figures are rounded to the nearest 100.
Dart Six 56,900
Dart V8 3,400
Dart 270 Six 55,200
Dart 270 V8 21,300
Dart GT Six 10,900
Dart GT/GTS V8 24,100

Well it's your money, but what you will end up with I GUARANTEE is something nobody will want, either Ferd or Mopar fanatics, and certainly not Phoniac, Bleack, Chovvy or anyone els.

What 'en e'lls wrong with putting a nice Ferd in er? You can find LOTS of late model Ferd stuff on Craig, I see em all the time here.

Moody, where are ya? Show 'em a photo of yer wife's Stang.

Putting a different brand motor into a non hot rod era car will devalue it considerably, but if it's really something you're not going to sell then it doesn't matter does it. Easy enough to put it back to Ford if you ever wanted to anyway.

A rolling shell is 3k ,minimum in Cali,People want the title,Goodmark sells shells,they need that title to register it.Everyone does gone in 60 sec clones,including Mr.Shelby.

wow poeple pay up tp 8k i was thinkin max 5k on ebay for these all rusty and beat up i think i might have to feel bad and sell it put it towards the dart lol

just thought of something- you could put in a chevy 383, that way you could piss off the mopar guys, the GM guys, and the Ford guys:thumblef:

Your aunt sure will be proud of you for butchering her car.......must be nice to have fist fulls of cash to toss around doing something just to piss off a bunch of people....

If you did this I would be your absolute biggest fan!!!! I always wanted to put a 440 in a torino. I say what the heck, DO It and Keep us posted!

Your aunt show will be proud of you for butchering her car.......must be nice to have fist fulls of cash to toss around doing something just to piss off a bunch of people....

DAMN Ink don't hold back, tell us how ya REALLY feel. I agree with ya.

For me the same thing applies to every other brand as it does Mopar, I may be a mopar fan but I appreciate certain cars from everyone else. youd be more than happy with it throwing a 351w in it, which is quite a good motor.

Inkjunkie, x3, it really must be nice to throw cash around and waste it.

thats stupid u shouldn't even be in the muscle car hobby if your gonna be stupid and do something like that.69 fastbacks are worth some money fixed up alot more than a dart is.especially a 69-70 mach one.

-
Back