Mopar Nats 9-11 Aug 2013

-
How many from Chicago area are going? I am considering getting a swap spot for Sat and Sun

The van is packed with early A and slant stuff - wife and I leaving tomorrow morning.

Plan on being there sunday morning. I usuallly go on saturday morning but wife has to work so sunday it is. Need a bumper for 72 duster if anyone has one

Leaving early tomorrow AM, will be there Fri & Sat. Unfortunately, driving the wife's car, so won't be able to bring home any big stuff, but I can fill her car with lots of small things!

Where is the Saturday cruising spot? There is usually some Heath cruising Friday then a good showing on Saturday. Last year there was nothing on Friday and I didn't see much on Saturday. Maybe because of some rain? Thought maybe it moved somewhere else?

cruising was great in Heath both Friday and Saturday.
It just kicked off a little late because of the rain.
Nothing going on at Brice at all any more.

Where is the Saturday cruising spot? There is usually some Heath cruising Friday then a good showing on Saturday. Last year there was nothing on Friday and I didn't see much on Saturday. Maybe because of some rain? Thought maybe it moved somewhere else?

Im pretty sure rain was the culprit last year... the weather was just miserable... As far as I know, the cruise spot hasnt been moved.. So we shall see how this year turns out

I should be there Sat mourning and will be vending some of my 70 dart parts

Attachments

• Picture 063.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 318
Wahoo! plans have changed so I will be able to go now. Heading out about 5:30am tomorrow from Mid Michigan and headed home Sunday morning with my old Tahoe. Just me going if anybody needs something carted back.

Glad you guys can make it. Had a little rain to start in the am/early afternoon but the sun came out nice after lunch and ending up being a really great day.
Had a few races in am- had to shut it down for couple hrs then right back up and running.
The swap area got pretty muddy but was mostly dried up by the end of the day.

If interested, heres weather report for tomorrow:
"68* in am- then mid 80's partly cloudy with slight chc for passing rain showers in late afternoon."
Take it for what its worth... should be a nice sunny day

Looking forward to stopping into the fabo tent tomorrow... The rain kinda sucked this morning, but the day turned out good. Saturday is supposed to be a beautiful day

It was great meeting the folks in the FABO tent. The entire experience was great as normal. I thought it was going to be cooler this year with mid 70's but Saturday was mid to high 80's and pretty uncomfortable. No big deal.
Heath cruise was much better this year with the nice weather and the cops were not too bad. Plenty of rubber burned even though most of the time it seemed to be locals in their trucks. I can't figure out why there are so many diesel trucks that seem to like to blow black smoke at the people watching though. Is that more of an Ohio thing? Many seem to be pretty cool built trucks but why so many blowing black soot at the folks? I love the smell of burnt rubber after a great burn out but don't really like getting covered in carbon. Oh well maybe I am getting old.

Funny I stood beside 20 somethings whining about the roads getting torn up and saw a guy in a Scion smoke his clutch trying to do a burnout in the parking lot. He was just there with the motor screaming with smoke coming out from under the car but the tires were just sitting still. Funny stuff.

Next time I am bringing the Barracuda after I get the cooling sorting out.

I too had a great time this year.. The crowd seemed about the same as in recent years.. Had a good time at the tent. It was hard though to meet a lot of members due to it being an all weekend meet and greet as opposed to a specific time. Members kept coming and going I didn't know who was who lol.... Had a blast talking to Hemidenny... Can't wait til next year

I have been to every Mopar nats but 2. I was out in the swap area section H23 and didn't get a lot of time to walk around. I took my son to assist me and he spent most of his time with the Viper club. He won the dyno challenge in the non power adder class with 432 rear wheel horsepower. Gets his picture in Mopar Muscle magazine and couple of other prizes. Not too many people spending money at this show anymore.The swap game gets tougher every year. I walked through the FABO tent on the way up to the Viper club dinner but I didn't have time to socialize. There were some really sweet cars in there. A great 70 Dart right up front that is the same color as my 340 Swinger I'm building now.

Hey i was parked directly across from you in the show field!! Hope you enjoyed the weekend and the car looked fantastic!

quote: The wife and I will be coming in, late Thursday and staying until Sunday. This year i'll be bringing the B Body, since the GTS hasn't even seen a tool yet!! LOL
Attached Images
attachment.php

attachment.php

Heath sucked this year, cops had it all messed up. Not going back there next year, cars overheating , traffic screwed up, . no fun.

We were at Heath Friday and Saturday nite . I don't know where you were but we were across from the shopping center and had a great time. I didn't see any cars overheating. I did see plenty cops but the one sitting close to me never got out of his car. Where are you going to go?? I hope you don't waste your time going back to brice.

-
Back