mopar prices are through the roof!

-

tooslow

Reaction score
Getting discouraging. I think of the mopars i have sold over the years? it makes me sick!. I always put money aside for my next Mopar but its getting kind of ridiculous
I hate to say it but I might have to move Chevy's down the road??

Everything's going up. If you're here on FABO you're a A body guy. They are still reasonable. And yes Mopars will always cost more to build compared to Chevys but who want's one of those cookie cutter cars.

A bodies are really on the move! Look on Ebay
In a couple years anything decent for sale will be in the blue high-lighted catagorie??
Hope not

Have you checked the price of gas lately?
How 'bout the price of a new car?

Old cars are still a better value imo...

EFAG's prices are always garbage if you want a real car then go with a mopar

by the way this car cost me 1400

Attachments

• 051 (Copy).JPG
    141.7 KB · Views: 577
  • Picture 017 - Copy (Copy).jpg
    153 KB · Views: 581
  • 021 (Copy).JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 593
yeah prices are thru the roof on everything. i paid 700 for my dart a week ago. m glad i did and i paid 600 for my macho PW but neither are perfect but hey tinkering beats doing jail time for doing drugs cause im bored. yup i vote for tinkering. and also ppl that fix the cars and then price them always think their labor is god like lol. so if you buy someones project and theyve done work especially body work theyre gonna ask and outragous price cause body work is half the battle

Getting discouraging. I think of the mopars i have sold over the years? it makes me sick!. I always put money aside for my next Mopar but its getting kind of ridiculous

I'm with you bro, that's why I got a later Duster while I still could,...gave up on gettin a Charger or a Barracuda years ago,...everyone thinks a damn headlight bezel is worth a million dollars,....

ok i have a plan but no one will follow but heres an idea quit telling ppl wat your car is worth! is that possible?? you can still find mid 70s power wagons cheap but if someone starts mouthing about their value cause theyre a mopar then every body and ther grandma will buy one not for the hobby tho oh no the almighty dollar is why theyd buy one and horde it. again i say thanks alot barret jackson:tool: you went and showed old and middle aged farts that cars arent a hobby theyre a money investment and a get rich quick scheme , f*cktards.:cussing:

Mopar prices have gone down dramatically for the past 3-4 years. Where have you been?

You should have been able to buy a Mopar with the same money you sold the last one for if it was only a year apart.

i guess its just you and me" Jaimus" !! I must be living on a different planet! "Mopar prices going down"???/
$700 dollar valiamt-wow Good for you"Macho781988" Lucky
People are snapping up the not numbers matching cars and doing a 'Pro Touring" resto and charging from 90,000 to190,000 bucks.\
it used to be somewhat easy to find a project for $4000.00.
Most of the project cars are roached
I do all my own work and I no what it takes to replace all the structural metal
My point is the future is getting scary. I,m not a millionaire i just love mopars!

I find it interesting though that old coronets are not real popular. You can find them in good shape (nice original interior and not bastarized)with a 6cyl or 318 for 6-7G's
A real nice red 66 6cyl on ebay for $6000.00
The valiants and scamps have really taken off in the last couple years!!!

Ummm...I don't think so. Heres a couple cars I bought in the last 6 months....

1966 Valiant convertible, bought last week and drove it home...$800.00 and a set of LBP brakes!!!

1967 Coronet 2 door Sedan Deluxe...bought in October or November of last year for $500.00....ran and drove but needed floors and brakes...$500.00

They're out there, and I'm looking at a couple more, when room permits of course. Keep looking and be vigilant, you'll find one!!! Geof

Attachments

• 100_2980.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 487
  • 100_2712.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 503
Mopar prices have gone down dramatically for the past 3-4 years. Where have you been?

You should have been able to buy a Mopar with the same money you sold the last one for if it was only a year apart.

+1. That is my observation.

i had to sell my E- body cuda 2 years ago knowing that i will probrably never be able to afford another one thats a driver. thats why i got a 500. valiant to fill the void of not having an old mopar. someday i will get something thats a little more desireable, just gonna have to save for a long time and have fun with what i already have.

People are snapping up the not numbers matching cars and doing a 'Pro Touring" resto and charging from 90,000 to190,000 bucks.

Yup, but they are spendy to build, plus they want money for their time. Personally, I would never buy one but that is what people want to buy. The old school hot rodders are fading, todays crowd wants power everything and they want them to drive like a sports car. I guess not many yuppies with money want manual steering and brakes...and no A/C? Forget about it.

+1. That is my observation.

I totally agree with these comments, prices are way down. Not on all cars, just need to look a little harder for deals, I see them everyday. Even if you watch the auctions (not just BJ) even the people with money are spending less to get them.

I think today people are restoring very rough Mopars, everything from a Valiant to a Hemicuda. These cars take way more money and WAY more time to do than a Chevy or Ford. Not many body panels are available for some models. The unibody frame can cause many to scrap it if it is rusty or bent, not many take on the challenge, then it is gone forever. They are not making these cars anymore (well, except for a complete 70 Challenger body) I think if the prices are way up its because the seller wants his time out of the car too, should you pay for time? Maybe....check out this car, real Hemi, tough to value it, lots of time invested. Yes, some people are just plain crazy and a sucker is born every minute, some people think they have gold...but some actually do. Just keep looking, a deal will find you.

Attachments

• baroncuda.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 461
  • baroncuda1.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 451
i witnessed my neighbor buy a roached out Cuda almost like the one in the picture.
Then buy a 318 cuda of the same year and switch the VIN.
He did not see that i noticed but I did. I thought about turning him in but I mind my own busness.
He did a NICE rot. restoration and got $$$ for the car. Messed up I know!!
Now I no why people pay so much for a complete rusted wrecked heap.
I honestly did not know?
The Vin on that 71 Cuda is probally worth $10G at least
I didn't make up the world I just live in it

With the prices where they are and the fact that nobody wants to pay anything, I am rethinking finishing my '68 Valiant (AZ rust free car). I don't tend to keep cars more than a year after I finish them. Right now, its a completed nut and bolt restoration job but needs a BB power train and paint. I used to be able to break even. I figure that if I finished the car I would be severely upside down. I'm struggling with continuing with this one.

I believe prices have went down myself on certain things, such as parts the big thing I believe is you can buy whole "driver shape needs resto" cars much cheaper now than 6 years ago, because alot of people are in a pinch for cash.

the Boom is over, give it another 20 years. i have a feeling they'll be much more affordable. too bad the gas won't be

-
Back