mopars are still out in the weeds!

-
A couple more Darts

2 door Dart.jpg

67 68 69 Dart.jpg

67 Dart.jpg

I wasn't going to say anything, but this is heart wrenching. Such an abuse of beautiful cars.
I agree buddy. The river floods terribly where this yard sits, so these cars get drowned often. These are just the ones I could get to, there a bunch more completely under water and some more that are just inaccessible until the water lowers again. I'll be back out there when it dries out for more heart breaking photos.

Here is a Fury that sits at a house I deliver hay to. The guy says he is going to fix it up some day. Will see.

100_4552.jpg

100_4554.jpg

100_4553.jpg

you said it correctly " some day " its a some day car,,,20 years from now it will still be sitting there its a 1966 ply fury,,

Hey I just built a 66 Fury III. I am picking up from the muffler shop tommorrow. I can't wait.

When i got my '68 Formula S fastback field find, the owner's son came to me with it because he wanted to trade for my '78 Formula S Firebird. Before that, the car had been sitting in a field in Missouri for over 20 years! It wasn't until I stared scrubbing the car down and got some pictures to post on this site that I was clued in this was a factory big block car!

At first, the car looked like it was completely trashed. When i got it and power washed it, I found that most of what covered the car was actually moss!

Here is what a car looks like that sits in a field in MO for 20 years after you scrub the moss off:
right_rear.jpg

left_front.jpg

roof.jpg

After sanding all the paint and bondo off, the only real rust problems on the car were the floor from the leaking windshield wiper pivot seals :angry7: and this little spot:

DSC02151.jpg

This is one car that was rescued from the weeds and is making a full and complete recovery! :cheers:

Hey I just built a 66 Fury III. I am picking up from the muffler shop tommorrow. I can't wait.

Last fall I picked up a '67 Fury III that was special ordered with a 440/727/8.75-3.23:1 with police package suspension, disk brakes, 15" wheels, and AC. I just finished building the new 440 for it and now I'm working on getting the brakes functional. :cheers:

C-bodies aren't all grandpa cars after all! :)

http://www.cbodydrydock.com/forum_viewtopic.php?5.83413
http://s438.photobucket.com/albums/qq101/Gag_Halfront/1967 Fury III 440/

This was another "I'm gonna fix it up some day" deal but it was in the back of a parking lot at a towing / mechanic shop (in the weeds)

my 74 duster as i found it and i will post pics of the 1973 im buying in a couple weeks as well

www.facebook.com
[/IMG]

and yes my daughter loves the duster LOL!!! she makes daddy proud....

Score!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Attachments

• 651.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 742
  • 652.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 750
Score!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

That's funny because I took some aluminum to the scrap yard the other day and there was an old man there that had half a truck bed full of cylinder heads that these kids were tossing on the scale like nothing. I couldn't watch. I wonder if there was some good mopar stuff in there.

thats sad to see all these 340 cars rottin away along with the others.to see more mopars rottin away go to carsinbarns.com

:cheers:

Attachments

• !B8jeg9QBmk~$(KGrHqQOKjIEzKC8V8z2BM3YcJUNzw~~_3.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 648
the blue charger, do you think it was a daytona.. i see the wing holes maybe.. but the back glass area is not right for a winged car...

the blue charger, do you think it was a daytona.. i see the wing holes maybe.. but the back glass area is not right for a winged car...

Its not an original Daytona, but it was a Daytona clone for some time until it was involved in a massive 8 car pile-up a few years ago. Its been stripped and left to die. Im going to see if I can buy it and save it.

:toothy10:

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 572
  • weedwsairflow.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 539
-
Back