Mopars at the Strip 2013

-
I am glad you enjoyed watching us have fun, a better time could not be had, to bad we didn't meet I would have taken you for a ride or sent you out in it. I built the car to drive and have fun and take a beating, I don't want to look at it I want to drive it hard and I do. I have owned the car since 1987 and by the way that's when it was painted, it has a few battle scars but it still hold is own. As for the suspension it has a Firm Feel 2 box with a reduced pressure pump, 11/16 tie rods with aluminum adjusters, Bilstien shocks, MP 1.15 T bars, Hellwig 1 1/4" hollow front sway bar, Hotchkis 1" hollow rear sway bar, Hotchkis strut rods, Firm Feel tubular upper control arms, boxed stock lower control arms, frame connectors ,Hotchkis rear springs and small bolt pattern four wheel disc brakes. It needs a set of better tires but with small bolt pattern you are very limited to tires and wheels and I want to keep some what of a stock look. Its not the best drag car but I had fun running it down the strip as well.

I missed the FABO meet and greet at MATS for the third year in a row. It seems that something always happens that causes me to miss it. I didn't have the Duster ready in time so I raced my 2007 Charger R/T in the New Hemi Challenge. It was the first time since 1979 that I was on a drag strip.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 361
I missed the FABO meet and greet at MATS for the third year in a row. It seems that something always happens that causes me to miss it. I didn't have the Duster ready in time so I raced my 2007 Charger R/T in the New Hemi Challenge. It was the first time since 1979 that I was on a drag strip.

Hey DFX, bring either/both of your cars out to our "Mopars In May" all-Chrysler car show at the California School For The Deaf in Riverside. We'll have the FABO banner from the Meet'n'Greet there for all FABO members to sign if they haven't already.

Yes the Duster I ran dialed 22.25 to my 11.95 dial,,,thats a loooong time to wait.He broke out and ran a 22.11,think I ran a 11.98.Mad Max/6.Mark

After going through the thread I just wished that I was there. Now I wasn't but I'm glad for all the FABO members who were there and had a great time. BTW, thanks for sharing the pictures and the videos!

:burnout::burnout:

Thx higgs....We've missed you the last couple years :thumblef:

Maybe you'll join us next year? It really is a fun event despite Mother Nature!!

-
Back