Mopars at the Strip 2013

-
Both Tony and Tonya won first round.

Zhandful went out with a redlight

Was sad to see both Tonya and Tony go out the second rounds.It was still cool to beable to watch them race Live.Thanks for the link Rob.:D

ive been watching this in the uk, some great action going on, is this the same track that they run an nhra round at?

Was sad to see both Tonya and Tony go out the second rounds.It was still cool to beable to watch them race Live.Thanks for the link Rob.:D
I was sad to see them get beat out also! Last I saw, Ted Carlson was still in the running. Anyone know how he did?

It was so cool seeing fellow members racing their hearts out, thousands of miles away. Gotta love technology, and as Scott said, a big thanks to Rob for posting the link!!

I was sad to see them get beat out also! Last I saw, Ted Carlson was still in the running. Anyone know how he did?

It was so cool seeing fellow members racing their hearts out, thousands of miles away. Gotta love technology, and as Scott said, a big thanks to Rob for posting the link!!

Ted went red also.....I believe it was his 3rd round matchup.

yes..ted went 3 rounds....

tonya went red with a -.011 ran a 10.80 at 121.54 (10.85 dial in)

i went red also with -.011 ran a 11.026 at 117.47 (11.08 dial in)

Today's weather was very nice unlike the pass two days..no head wind...

We all thought we were going to get a pass in the morning with a run for the money round...but nope...

also there were no gambler races after the time trials like pass years...makes ya wonder.

and Thanks for all the support ....

Just another day at the track....lol. I really enjoyed seeing you, Tonya and Ted run on the live feed. Guess it's back to the Duster for you now, and i'm still following :thumbrig:.

Just another day at the track....lol. I really enjoyed seeing you, Tonya and Ted run on the live feed. Guess it's back to the Duster for you now, and i'm still following :thumbrig:.

Yeah...need a couple of days off after this weekend...glad I am retired again...

yes..hoping to get 360/904 in that duster by the end of the week now that I have converter for it......new date for duster is april 19....

Been a long day, actually long weekend. Got the trailers loaded, banners taken down, etc.....Phil decided to take the Sox & Martin Cuda for a spin and he ran it out of gas. Put more fuel in it and it decided to backfire thru the carbs. I told his wife the car likes me better because it ran just fine when I drove it this morning. I guess I'll have to work on it tomorrow. Well I'm beat and gonna hit the sack. I''ll leave you all with these two pics for the night. Tonya with the wheels up and the last pictures I've taken for this years event. Hope all that attended had a fun time and thank you for all your support!

Attachments

• IMG_5358.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 400
  • IMG_0659 1.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 390
Thanks to everyone that posted here:glasses7: and the link :burnout::cheers:
Come on spring :blob:!!!! 30,degrees here today :coffee2:

Both Tony and Tonya won first round.

Zhandful went out with a redlight

Car was running really slow all weekend. Just wouldn’t get off the line. Nothing I did helped on Friday, not timing or jetting. I’m thinking that the torque converter is just killing the cars 60’ times. The good news is the car was running pretty consistent low 14 all weekend.

I was running two classes street and footbrake. Of course street was right before footbrake. So I had to show up early to street to make the call on the footbrake class.

Sunday I’m first in line for street eliminations. A young girl shows up next to me with her dad. They tell me it’s her first time out. I’m thinking cool should be an easy win I just have to not break out or red light. I ended up red lighting running 14.049 on a 14.00 dial in, couldn’t believe it! She broke out and had a terrible start. So I just lost to myself.

That fine, so I hustle back down for the footbrake class. I’m last in line, the official comes up and says I get the bye run. Cool easy win racing myself this time. We pull up to the tower and are waiting, then it’s time to go and my car won’t start, dead battery. After pushing it out of the way and missing the call. I jump start it and drive it back to pits and load it in the trailer. Shut it off and it restarts twice. Drive home six hours later it starts right up to back out of trailer. I don’t know, it just wasn’t my day, the car has never let me down like that before.

All in all I had a great weekend. Didn’t get a chance to meet and greet or even say hi to Ted. I did see Tony’s first round win with a .002 reaction time that was cool. Can’t wait for next year.

Mark, I tried to get over to where you were pitted to say hi. Too old to be jumping fences unless being chased by the po-po or dogs. :)

Mark, I tried to get over to where you were pitted to say hi. Too old to be jumping fences unless being chased by the po-po or dogs. :)

LOL... they normally have a gate open but not this year. I was kind of hiding off of the beaten path in the dirt. :D

Z,Saw your car several times but no human around.Never had more than a minute and was called away.Maybe next time.

Been a long day, actually long weekend. Got the trailers loaded, banners taken down, etc.....Phil decided to take the Sox & Martin Cuda for a spin and he ran it out of gas. Put more fuel in it and it decided to backfire thru the carbs. I told his wife the car likes me better because it ran just fine when I drove it this morning. I guess I'll have to work on it tomorrow. Well I'm beat and gonna hit the sack. I''ll leave you all with these two pics for the night. Tonya with the wheels up and the last pictures I've taken for this years event. Hope all that attended had a fun time and thank you for all your support!

i know greg talked with you and were getting the car but i think it just needs a charge! no alternator on that beast!

We had a great time at the MATS and enjoyed seeing some friends & meeting more FABO members.....FUN stuff :D

Here's a few pics

Attachments

• P1090282 (Small).JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 391
  • P1090281 (Small).JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 368
  • P1090277 (Small).JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 352
  • P1090229 (Small).JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 377
  • P1090279 (Small).JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 354