More Kudos To Canada

-

bargeahead

Wishicouldre member
Reaction score
Just watching the opening ceremonies on NBC. FANTASTIC !!!!!!
They're still introducing the countries but I'm major impressed.

<-----For this...The Maple Leaf....Hey Neighbors

:wav::wav:

Holy hologram or whatever and suspended wires Batman; AWESOME !

How did they do that "floor" ?

Great show!

My hat's off to you folks.
14.gif

I don't know if this is right but I thank you for comments.My wife is watching it and of course I am on FABO.Actually I think she is sleeping.Glad your enjoying the show my American friends8)

I don't know if this is right but I thank you for comments.My wife is watching it and of course I am on FABO.Actually I think she is sleeping.Glad your enjoying the show my American friends8)

Nothing not right about it Dave. Canada and the US has the longest unsecured border on Earth. Canada was in WW2 before the US and US pilots resigned from our military to enlist in the RCAF. If another country invaded either one of our nations the other would be "there" first. Biggest trading partners of the other. We are not just neighbors divided by some imaginary line. We are........the best of each other.

Nothing not right about it Dave. Canada and the US has the longest unsecured border on Earth. Canada was in WW2 before the US and US pilots resigned from our military to enlist in the RCAF. If another country invaded either one of our nations the other would be "there" first. Biggest trading partners of the other. We are not just neighbors divided by some imaginary line. We are........the best of each other.

Well said.I am proud to be Canadian and equally proud to be associated with our American brothers and sisters.8)

I watched it off and on, I was impressed for the most part...untill the speach killed the momentum in the midle.

best part I saw was the whales, that was cool....but Ididn't watch the whole thing

Phil

I think we did pretty good for a red headed step child of America:-\":toothy7:

Made me proud to be a Canadian:cheers:

Stand tall with pride, Canada!
The Olympic opening ceremonies were absolutely outstanding. I especially loved the way they recogized the 'first nations' of the indiginous peoples of Canada, Canadian history, and Canadian culture. That was a great show. Well done.
I'm proud to be part of your friendly neighbors to the south. Our open border and shared commerce should be a matter of pride to both countries.

I can't comment on some of what you guys are saying, I just watched it up to the point right after Brian Adams and the over-dramatic woman sang. Of course, me being me, and the wife being the daughter of a Canadian, I was making smart-*** comments through the whole thing, just to tweak her tail. :-D

It was a good show for the part that I saw. Well thought out and impressive. Just a few questions, though. When did do-glo pink and green become part of a native costume? Is day-glo a naturally occurring color? Can you get that from the sap of a day-glo tree? :-D

NBC did a good job of broadcasting it, though I could have done without the "new" We are the World.

I can't comment on some of what you guys are saying, I just watched it up to the point right after Brian Adams and the over-dramatic woman sang. Of course, me being me, and the wife being the son of a Canadian, I was making smart-*** comments through the whole thing, just to tweak her tail. :-D

It was a good show for the part that I saw. Well thought out and impressive. Just a few questions, though. When did do-glo pink and green become part of a native costume? Is day-glo a naturally occurring color? Can you get that from the sap of a day-glo tree? :-D

NBC did a good job of broadcasting it, though I could have done without the "new" We are the World.

Tell me that's a mistake or that I am reading it wrong?8) Please.

Excellent show Canada! The FX might not make "Avatar", but with no trick camera shots or software between the eye and the show, that was awesome!

Disappointed that the Jamaicans did not make the bobsled cut.

Saddened by the luge death.

Heartened by the Georgians decision to stay in the games.

Hopeful that the world never forgets that all humans can be competitive AND friends.

Who knew Canadians could have so much fun?!!!
Again, great show!

Now it's time for the competition to start so, GO USA!!!

did you not see this part?....................."The Olympic torch malfunction confused the torch bearers and the audience. The four torch bearers were Wayne Gretsky, Nancy Greene, Steve Nash and Catriona Le May Doan. The Olympic torch malfunction involved Catriona Le May Doan's pillar.

Three of the pillars worked and the fourth failed to function, the cause of the Olympic torch malfunction. Catriona Le May Doan stood by trying not to look out of place while saluting the audience.

According to Sports News, the Olympic torch malfunction was apparently caused by a hydraulic syste malfunction. "

amateur compared to the chinese.

Would be nice to see something extremely low budget but cool in order to stick it to China for spending so much freaking money trying to outdo everyone in the past.
As if to say, keep it simple stupid.

I know this is the winter olympics, but you get the picture.

I would also like to see a grand finale of ten ice skaters having a spastic knight stick fest on Tonya harding's knee caps.
Some of you may be too young to know what i'm talking about LOL.

-
Back