More UTG ignorance and mis-information

-

replicaracer43

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Maybe some of the few remaining UTG fans can explain how his "500 HP" slughammer after a full year of tuning and tweaking, can only manage 9.0s at 87 mph? (1/8th mile) He put up a new video explaining how you can pick up a SECOND AND A HALF of ET, just by improving your 60 ft by 2 tenths. Bahahahahahaha!!!! This has GOT to be the most inaccurate, full of **** channel ever created on YouTube.

Maybe some of the few remaining UTG fans can explain how his "500 HP" slughammer after a full year of tuning and tweaking, can only manage 9.0s at 87 mph? (1/8th mile) He put up a new video explaining how you can pick up a SECOND AND A HALF of ET, just by improving your 60 ft by 2 tenths. Bahahahahahaha!!!! This has GOT to be the most inaccurate, full of **** channel ever created on YouTube.
Ya know, when I've redlighted at the track, I was always amazed at how I dropped a second or more at the traps, glad UT has cleared that up for Us......

Wow!

I watched it. Even gave it a like because he went to the effort to do it.

But one thing he said that I’ve never seen was a car improving with an “1/8th mile” gear ratio.

Whatever gear ratio is correct for the 1/4 mile will always be the quickest to the 1/8th mile unless you have something really out of whack.

I saw the title and description and that was enough. I will say that the video and probably accompanying audio will tell you exactly how important choosing a properly matched converter is.

But one thing he said that I’ve never seen was a car improving with an “1/8th mile” gear ratio.

Whatever gear ratio is correct for the 1/4 mile will always be the quickest to the 1/8th mile unless you have something really out of whack.
I didn't get that far. I couldn't watch anymore after the whole, pick up 2 tenths in the 60 foot and you will pick up a second and a half of ET. That's just flat out WRONG. It's like he either lives in a "imagineering" fantasy land, or hes never actually been to a race track. He should use his wallace calculator to see what kind of power his "500 HP big block" is making. He did mention after making his passes, that after feeling the power, he thinks 500 is a conservative number. Unfriggin believable

He's a story teller. He tells stories to those who don't know,and those who don't remember. Those that do know and dare to question are labeled trolls and their comments blocked and removed from his comments section. That's truth, now Uncle Tony would tell you "You just don't get it, you don't get the ways of the gearhead monk..." yeah he's a guru of bold claims and failed attempts at producing results. Yes his channel is dying, he's starting to repeat himself...one carb video after another for each car, a Holley is a Holley is a Holley...people lose interest. It isn't COVID any more, people aren't on the couch in front of the TV or computer dreaming of building cars, they either are doing it or are outside working something else.

Last edited:
Remember, he worked on an internationally known top fuel crew, so those work different "I guess."

I'm not so sure.
This car ran the quarter best with 4.57s. It was quicker to the eighth with 5.14s, but ran out of breath at about 1100 feet.

20210531_120226.jpg

8000lb b-body?

That was quoted right here on this board. "Good luck" finding that/ those posts but I remember it, vaguely.

His user name on here used to be something like "white punk nitro"

That was quoted right here on this board. "Good luck" finding that/ those posts but I remember it, vaguely.

His user name on here used to be something like "white punk nitro"
I do remember seeing those posts. It was quite a while ago.

I believe it's one of his exaggerated claims. I dont think he ever had any actual top fuel experience. He did have a old video talking about building a "fuel car" out of some outdated throwaway parts, and realizing after building the cage so low it had solid contact with his helmet, that it couldn't be driven.

I saw slaghammer in person. I think I could have a lot of fun with that car for a summer. The problem is still there, same as AL had. They had a lot of folks under the hood trying to solve it when I saw it live. (No, i was not one of them). The car will not come off the line for anything. About 300 feet out it takes off pretty good.

LOL! I watched but didn’t pay that much attention.

Tony found that 72 Coronet ,it was a complete "its all there classic" car.

he then proceeded to hack it up why? for YT views. he could have fixed the issues common on an old car that has been sitting in a driveway and sold it as a car show cruiser for 5 to 7 grand. The way that car is now, it isnt street legal and wont pass a proper tech inspection at a legit test and tune...it's worth less now than when he bought it at scrap haul away price. That is an example of ignorance in my opinion. He does nothing to contribute to the classic car hobby except teach people how to build junk. Before anyone says that Coronet 'was fast" lets take a moment to point out its dangerous due to the lack of a proper suspension setup. Who removes the front shocks and puts an air shock on the left rear with a dead shock on the right rear ? answer: someone who is trying to make the car dip so it looks like a torque monster on camera, someone who is trying to fool their inept viewership who really don't know what they are watching.

Because he is not a resto guy, that’s why and obvious.
Why would you even question or care what someone hot rods, cuts up for a race car?

You seem to care a bunch about what gets hacked up.
Better get to purchasing what’s left out there to save the world from hot rodders and racers!

LMAO!

Because he is not a resto guy, that’s why and obvious.
Why would you even question or care what someone hot rods, cuts up for a race car?

You seem to care a bunch about what gets hacked up.
Better get to purchasing what’s left out there to save the world from hot rodders and racers!

LMAO!
And restore a 4 door? You can if you want to.

The fact that y'all watch him and argue about his channel is what's making him piles of money.

If you don't watch, then you don't have your hand down the front of his pants.

Jus' sayin.

The fact that y'all watch him and argue about his channel is what's making him piles of money.

If you don't watch, then you don't have your hand down the front of his pants.

Jus' sayin.

you're right you know..jpg

I only saw one UTG video. It was on (next up after a Nicks one)
I did not know who he was at the time. Pony Tail hair guy. Saying how he cleaned blocks and heads with dollar store oven cleaner.
He reminded me if a guy I knew in 1980's from high school. He cleaned engines, then did gaskets and spray paint rebuilds of junk yard motors
Selliin them as rebuilt.
Heads would get wire wheeled to clean carbon,. Then cleaned with what ever was cheapest and new paint.
Real race rebuilds were dingleberry hone with used trans or oil. Dish soap washed, new rings, bearings from PAW gaskets, and cam kits.
Remember PAW kits?

-
Back