Motor Mounts

-

rick_rawker

Reaction score
hey guys , the motor mounts I need to replace in the '64 Dodge Dart GT , 273 , are WAY larger than the 2266,s they sold me at a local parts store. I have looked and searched. There are a couple of larger sizes on eBay that fit a lot of models from 67-76. They look similar , but not exact.
I need help.
Thanks , Rick

image.jpeg
hey guys , the motor mounts I need to replace in the '64 Dodge Dart GT , 273 , are WAY larger than the 2266,s they sold me at a local parts store. I have looked and searched. There are a couple of larger sizes on eBay that fit a lot of models from 67-76. They look similar , but not exact.
I need help.

Agreed. Compressed cow-poo from India or mulched-up and compressed political dissidents and unwanted girl-babies from China, no thanks.

That's the big old "biscuit" mount compared to the thin newer "ice cream sandwich" mount....Man I need to get some breakfast.

2338 is the correct aftermarket number for the left + right '64-'66 V8 A-body mounts. But here again, you're almost certainly looking at very, very poor quality items.

I put the Westar mounts in my 65 ~3 yrs ago. I know they were around $10 ea on ebay, so probably made by Anchor. The rubber still looks fine, though I haven't been driving the car, just holding the engine weight. The thin ones only fit if you **** them and slightly hog out one hole, or drill new holes in your K-frame. I had those on briefly, trying to get more hood clearance, but had to swap to the Federal p.s. pump (instead of TRW) which sits lower and will hit the K-frame without the thicker mounts.

I put the Westar mounts in my 65 ~3 yrs ago. I know they were around $10 ea on ebay, so probably made by Anchor. The rubber still looks fine, though I haven't been driving the car, just holding the engine weight. The thin ones only fit if you **** them and slightly hog out one hole, or drill new holes in your K-frame. I had those on briefly, trying to get more hood clearance, but had to swap to the Federal p.s. pump (instead of TRW) which sits lower and will hit the K-frame without the thicker mounts.
Thanks Bill !
I appreciate you sharing your knowledge and history.

Just so everyone knows:
I ended up ordering the Westar
2338 from AutoZone.
Schumacher wanted TOO MUCH for shipping to get me what I needed when I needed them.
The box says they are made in Taiwan.
Oh well,
The rubber smells fresh and they are the correct ones.
I will update.
I wish to express my deep thanks for you guys taking the time to helping me.
CHEERS !
⚡

Taiwan is MUCH BETTER than India. I've had mounts made in Korea and they were also better. I will not buy any rubber product made in India.

-
Back