Motor plate installed- Pictures

-
p453122578-41.jpg

Not sure if you meant a street car or racecar...

This is what I have on mine. Pretty simple and small. I've seen some nice ones that really looked cool. While I've never had an issue with this one, my next build will be something with a bit more substance.

dyno3.jpg

S73042622.jpg

paulscar006.jpg
Just being test fitted, thats why the ugly water pump housing. I absolutely love motor plates!

BUMP lol. It looks like everyone is using aluminum? Anyone ever successfully used 1/4" mild steel for the front? I found that someone sells mild steel mid plates also. Any good?

Aluminum is a little more flexible then mild steel and lighter in my opinion.It also needs to be flexible under a load.

BUMP lol. It looks like everyone is using aluminum? Anyone ever successfully used 1/4" mild steel for the front? I found that someone sells mild steel mid plates also. Any good?

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 1,257
Yea, I'd like to see some small blocks with alternator mountings. I'm having a real tough time trying to fit an alternator on my motor plated small block in a 71 Demon.

Yea, I'd like to see some small blocks with alternator mountings. I'm having a real tough time trying to fit an alternator on my motor plated small block in a 71 Demon.
Bill I have seen them in person. Use the motor plate as the swivel point for the alternator. Then use a turnbuckle with two eye hooks as the adjustment. Then you have to make some homemade spacers to align it to the water pump pulley.

I got pictures of a small block one with an alternator somewhere....I will look for them...

the alt is a GM single wire, simple and easy and charges at idle. Here are some pic’s.

It’s simply a 7/16 grade 8 ready rod mounted through both upper motor mount holes, alternator drilled to 7/16 nuts on either side of alt to adjust depth/belt alignment and the belt adjuster is simply a turn buckle from a hardware store for $5.00.

The above is from a member here.

Attachments

• DSCN4221 (Medium).jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 1,159
  • DSCN4224 (Medium).jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 1,149
  • DSCN4225 (Medium).jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 1,149
1971 Demon 440 with Mancini # MRE-AR1999 motor-plate. A low bracket is welded to frame and the forward strut bar has a bracket welded to it to tie down the motor. We are trying some polyurethane bushings to reduce vibration. Let me know what you think. Think I should add a torque strap to the back of the engine. lol Give people looking something to think about. lol

Attachments

• IMG_0148.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 1,026
-
Back