Mounting Thermoquad to air gap style intake. What adapter?

-
Thanks for thinking this through AJ. Just to clear things up, I am running a 5.9 Magnum .030 (the LA I previously removed) and 904 with 3.55's.
TC is a 2500 stall all wrapped up in a 72 B body. Also running long tube headers with 2.5 plus H pipe.
I am considering 4.10s with a 518 and higher stall in the future but not right now.
Still not sure about the TQ and the spacer/adapter recommended by lemondana in another thread may be too tall. The engine is fresh so I don't really want to swap the intake at this point. The AC makes it a pita and I had to fabricate brackets for that and the throttle/kickdown.
Leaning towards the AVS2 at this point. Car is an all around driver on highway, town and twisties but I do like to hammer it.

Ok gotcha
Another thing maybe worth mentioning is this; if you poke the carb up too high, the hot underhood air, at high-speed, will have a hard time making the 90 degree turn over the airhorn.
Now, I got the idea that a regular intake sitting on the top of the engine can never get hotter than the engine, which you set with the cooling system to maybe 190/200*. Whereas
>the air coming thru the rad is likely to be at least 30* hotter than is the coolant in the engine. and
> With headers, the pipes usually idle at 350 plus degrees, and at WOT can approach two to three times that.
The result of all that, is that your inlet air temperature can easily exceed 400 degrees. How do you jet for air that can run over a range of several hundred degrees?
I reasoned that you cannot and therefore; while the airspace under the AG plenum is a great idea, even better is not sucking all that hot air into the carb, which churaschit is gonna heat up the intake to well-above the coolant temperature, anyway.
After figuring that out real quick, I cut a hole in my hood, mounted a nice aluminum air-box on top of it, and sealed the hood to the airhorn. Now the max inlet air temp is at ambient, running 70>80 degrees, pretty much all the time. After that, I ventilated my hood. Consequently, over a roadspeed of ~30 mph, the carb and intake run cool enough that I can upjet at least one and sometimes two jet-sizes.
Yeah I know, it broke my heart to cut that hole, in a pristine hood.
In this modern era we have other alternatives, allbeit expensive ones. I just got me a spare hood, lol.

Not going to happen with my RR hood but I was also thinking about pulling cool air in from the grill by fabbing a dual snorkel set up. It's on the list.

-
Back