mph to low maybe wrong gears?

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too.

If my input may help, I'll toss it in the fray. You won't see me saying much in turbo or FI threads. Not my bag. I'll tell someone, I don't know, before ever coming up with a baffle them with BS answer.

Lots of ways to do this stuff. I think pinion snubbers are band aid junk, best used as door stops to let a breeze in the shop. Especially when there are plenty of cars running 10's and better using SS springs and no snubber in sight. Others think they are vital and must be used because a 40 YO manual says so. It's all in the set up.

Pick your parts, pay your money.

I don't remember for sure but I think we may have had a difference of opinion a time or two, but STILL, I have no doubt you have a good experience and contribute good info, and I couldn't agree more on the pinion snubber issue. Oh yeah, I remember now, I believe it was over the 4 link, ladder bar, caltrac issue. Either way, I value your opinion as I do others. I've been a pro mechanic for over 37 years and been racing just as long and I will always, always listen and take into account another experienced opinion. Hell even new guys come up with new ideas from time to time. I love to learn and pride myself on not being close minded. It's all good. To ask for help and then behave like that is counterproductive.

Chill out my friend. BTW do you own a dog? They are great at teaching life lessons.

Trust me, I'm chill. All good.

I hope the guy gets his car sorted out.

And a quote that is truth.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
Aristotle

This is why I like reading and following a thread Duster starts.
He has started many threads on this site and has been given answers and advice but continues to buck the help.

Duster I have been with this site from day one and can say everyone here who tries to help has the best intensions. This is not YB and everyone here understands people have to start somewhere. Try not to be so defensive when people give you pointer based off year of experience.

Crackedback was just trying to help...and seriously dude, the title of your post is "mph to low maybe wrong gears?"....it is painfully obvious to everyone else that you don't know what you are doing, but people are trying to help you. Why ask for help if you aren't going to listen? . . . . ok, now you can add me to the Richard Cranium list.
ok bud when i rejet carb with my thoughts and my 2 hands and money i will posts time slips, that will be the truth of this story, until then keep your commets to your self. yes i titled the post wrong. i found better info on jetting carbs through internet searches that were not even related to this site, as far as going off on crack its was the comment and stupid picture by him and kim about me blowing my motor if people here cant understand why that would piss someone off after all the hard work and money into this motor, i guess i shouldnt post on a site with losers.

You're a riot... lighten up Francis. Maybe next week you'll feel better once the flow slows down. :)

Go post your problem on the bullet and get eaten alive by the kind folks over there. I doubt they'd have put up with you as long as anyone here has/did.

I hope you get it sorted out.

ok bud when i rejet carb with my thoughts and my 2 hands and money i will posts time slips, that will be the truth of this story, until then keep your commets to your self. yes i titled the post wrong. i found better info on jetting carbs through internet searches that were not even related to this site, as far as going off on crack its was the comment and stupid picture by him and kim about me blowing my motor if people here cant understand why that would piss someone off after all the hard work and money into this motor, i guess i shouldnt post on a site with losers.

IF you did the changes to your carb that were recommended to you it would already be fixed and done..... But you don't listen to great advise that would save you time and $$. That is the reason you were getting poked fun on about blowing up your motor. Nobody wants you to blow up your motor to be honest. They just want you to listen and take/use the advise you asked for and that is it....... These guys have been there and done that over and over and over x10 squared.

You're a riot... lighten up Francis. Maybe next week you'll feel better once the flow slows down. :)

Go post your problem on the bullet and get eaten alive by the kind folks over there. I doubt they'd have put up with you as long as anyone here has/did.

I hope you get it sorted out.[/ what are you running anyway big mouth i see a avatar of some comme bastard but no pic of a car whats up with that *****!

I was really fired up about you getting the car out. I thought you did a great job putting it together with limited funds and was looking forward to the results.

Now i'm not sure what to say. I understand getting fired up about a new build, as I've been there and done that years ago. I was so, John Force like, when I won my first few rounds, that most of my previous track buds didn't want to talk to me. I finally learned to control that and it paid off as learned everyone had something to offer.

The problem with the net is, everyone of us interprets the printed word differently. I think this thread started out with the best intentions and somehow turned into a pissing match. I hope emotions can be rained in and we can get back to getting you in the 10's without the juice. :thumleft:

I think you getting the jetting up is good. Running as before, thru the top end, could definitely hurt the engine over time. Best case, a few plugs eatin' up...Worst case, piston tops melting. This is why some were concerned.

Good luck on your next time out.....Really!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back