Much Needed Topless 41 Yr Old Cosmetic Surgery

-
Damn that's coming along fine Steve. You made the right choice in doing it right and doing it once!

I know earlier on when you were looking for an alternative color, I threw out some I personally like, but I'll be straight with you. I'm one of those "purists" and especially with a rare animal like yours, you have to paint it original. She just deserves to wear the outfit she was born with..

Grant

Thanks C, as tempting as it is to pick a color I wanted, I felt I had to go back to the orig. The painter said he could add a little more flake to it so it really pops.

Thanks

I would cancel the extra metal flake...................

Listen to your painter!! Get the extra flake. It's more like pearl nowadays anyway, and won't change your colour. Mine has extra, and in the sun.....I'm very glad it does:-D
Sell the wife and her young, so you can get that thing down here to Moparfest=P~

Sorry Lori

Listen to your painter!! Get the extra flake. It's more like pearl nowadays anyway, and won't change your colour. Mine has extra, and in the sun.....I'm very glad it does:-D
Sell the wife and her young, so you can get that thing down here to Moparfest=P~

Sorry Lori

Don't add the extra flake.

That extra flake is just the thing.....

......if you want your car to look like a bass boat......

I felt the need to post something to this slow a$$ed thread, so I figured I would start on the steering gear and get it ready to bolt onto the k frame. Not sure if I will reseal it or not, going up to the resto shop on Saturday with some other fabo members, so I will see about a reseal kit if there is such a thing. It was pretty greasy, and took a bit to get the crud off of it. Now to decide whether to simply clean and polish, or paint, it did have red paint on it.

Thanks
4spdragtop

Attachments

• DSCF0182 (Medium).JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 517
  • DSCF0183 (Medium).JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 505
  • DSCF0189 (Medium).JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 508
how about highlighting or maybe a close-up of the poster behind that greasy old steering box?....that might get this thread in hyper-drive.......might have to use a little 'lectrical tape on the overexposed parts......for our PC friends

glad I had my readers on for this thread...or I might have missed that one!!!

seems to be a pattern on this poster stuff ............HHHMMMMM......well... I guess we keep comin' back...you make the call!

Nice work Steve, Looking forward to the rest of the build....Topless cuda with topless calendar, now that's a good combination!

Thanks guys, its a slow go and seems like its at a snails pace now. Once the $$ starts coming in a bit, I will be able to get more accomplished.

ok, Steve we will have to see who's car is finished last!!! just read your thread-- your car is going to be nice!!! hang in there, Lawrence

Thanks Lawrence, great talking to you last night. Love the verts, but the uniqueness can be soooo frustrating. Seeing how you had 75* weather there yesterday and we were at like 45* I would say that with your 12 month a year beauty weather, you will be done before mine!!

Steve I like what you are doing with your car. How is it coming?

Thanks guys, it's on "hold" right now at the resto shop, until I can get a decent job. It went up to the shop as a roller, so I have lots of goodies at home for it that I can play with and get ready to re-install once I get it home. Vert top is at home here in the rafters waiting to be taken apart, blasted and re-installed....lots to do with little $$, hopefully the blasting biz will take off to get us some more $$. I think though that I am being too much of perfectionist and that I should be happy with the top amongst other things and just get it back together and running....soon I hope

Well I figured I gotta post something to keep my resto thread going. I had Mr T go thru my 4 spd and they said everything was all good. So I decided to put in a new few seals on advice from member "sireland", a side plate gasket and give the case a CIL overhaul. I didnt want to sandblast the case, so I used a wirewheel and in the drill, and one for my dremel knock-off. I sandblasted everything else that I could...linkages, bolts etc. I put the shifter box on for looks and the shifter isnt correct, I will be going with a pistolgrip by "gunslinger" for 4spd consoles. Next is clean up the bellhousing and I have 2 hurst shifter boxes, I havent decided which one I will be going with, but I will take both apart and rebuild them. Any advice as to which I should go with...Hurst Competition Plus, or Hurst Competition??

Attachments

• DSCF5720 (Medium).jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 268
  • DSCF5717 (Medium).jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 272
  • DSCF5718 (Medium).jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 284
  • DSCF5713 (Medium).jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 262
Well my Lord, seeing the date on my last post here is certainly depressing...LOL
While I was home in May I decided to try my hand at welding(Dad bought me a mig in 2012). I ordered the LCA stiffening plates from PST and I had to trim a little as the LCA's had the sway bar tabs.
Welds arent the greatest, but I will use the excuse that I havent done much mig, also using the fluxcore wire.

Also thanks to Jim Lusk as I referenced his youtube video for fixing the slop in the LCA before welding in the PST plates.

I cant seem to find pics of the plates welded on....maybe thats a good thing!
Sure felt good to at least do something, especially playing with the welder. Love welding!

Attachments

• 2014-05-17 12.20.45.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 150
  • 2014-05-17 12.14.27.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 138
  • 2014-05-17 11.40.55.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 139
  • 2014-05-16 16.58.28.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 133
  • 2014-05-16 16.58.06.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 133
  • 2014-05-16 16.57.55.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 136
  • 2014-05-16 16.18.29.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 140
Lori and I had talked about it for a while, but never had the $$ to do it, but we decided to bite the bullet and redo the deck. Spur of the moment decision, but it sure needed it. Just redid the top and added joists underneath. The prev owner put 2x10 joists, but 24" spacing, so we wouldnt use deck boards with that spacing. We decided to go ahead and add 2x10 joists to shorten up the span on them. Spacing is now 12" WAY OVERKILL, BUT otherwise we would have had to remove ALL the joists and respace them. And if we left as is we would have had to go 2x6 boards, which to us would havent looked as nice.

No railing yet, or skirting yet, that MIGHT be on the next trip home, but it will be done. Time ran short again, so we got the necessity done. An extra set of stairs leading to the back yard for Rufus. He is going on 7 and his hips aint getting any better.

Attachments

• 2014-05-17 17.46.30.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 131
  • 2014-05-17 17.46.50.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 121
  • 2014-05-20 16.25.19.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 122
  • 2014-05-20 16.25.38.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 121
  • 2014-05-22 09.20.13.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 136
-