Muffler sound

-

downsr

Reaction score
Can someone post a sound video of tti 3 inch exhaust with there dynomax ultra flow mufflers
and some different mufflers like flowmaster 40 and 50 series.Purchased there system but have not decided on mufflers.
I am running small block stroker with h pipe system

Just go outside for a minute, Ill rev mine up for you.
I love my dynomaxers.They are dynomite, TNT,When I lite the fuse, they explode.When Im cruising, theyre mellow as a dog laying on the hearth, having happy doggy dreams.
For me Im not keen on the very distinctive Flowmaster sound.

Why worry about the sound? Put it together so it will last a long time, and give you the best power. At 5000 rpm you may not be able to hear the difference. My small block has hp manifolds, two inch stainless pipes, no H-pipe, and flowmasters. Rumbles just fine.

Computer speakers can't accuratly reproduce the correct sound anyway. :D
You might not have enough bass, or too much treble or whatever.
It's interesting to listen anyway though.

Go early to a car show and listen to them as they rumble in to register. Make note of what you like, then ask them what they are running.

I cant' get the sound to come out right with my phone but I run TTI 3" with borla xr-1's. I'm very happy with it. Much quitter than the flowmasters. I'd avoid them if I were you. The interior sound (drone) is bad with them.

The flowmasters will have an anoying drone @ apx.2200-2500 rpm ish. i just fixed a nice 70 charger for some friends & its 2 1/2 all the way & H-piped with 40 series flows & jezz if i had to cruz @ 40 mph all day id be deff! No joke! It has a milld 383 in it. go with the dynomax's unless you like it LOUD! ill try to see if i can post video of er running.

Did you look through the sound bytes sticky? Mine is at the end. TTi 3" X pipe, Ultra Flo's dumped. I don't think that any recording will truely sound how a car really does in person. You've got a bazillion microphones that all record different and then a bazillion speakers that will play the sound different too. Then there's the issue of different motor, different sound. But I suppose it will give you an idea. BTW, very little drone with the Ultra Flo's dumped on mine. There is actually a tone of drone at idle OUTSIDE the car sometimes if you're standing at the trunk, but it's non-existent in the interior.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=7322&page=12

The flowmasters will have an anoying drone @ apx.2200-2500 rpm ish. i just fixed a nice 70 charger for some friends & its 2 1/2 all the way & H-piped with 40 series flows & jezz if i had to cruz @ 40 mph all day id be deff! No joke! It has a milld 383 in it. go with the dynomax's unless you like it LOUD! ill try to see if i can post video of er running.

This^

I made the mistake of thinking everyone that said this was some old fart. I then went and put 40s on my slant, of all things. I can't drive anywhere for more than 2hrs. I'd stay as far away as possible from flowmasters if you don't want drone.

I have 3" TTI and run 3" all the way through an X pipe, then into 8" long cherrybombs, then Flowmaster 40's into dumps. I think it sounds perfect. The cherry bombs really cut down on the drone and mellowed out the sound.

Not Tti exhaust but Tti headers 3" x-pipe system and large case 3" dynomax mufflers.

In person it was deeper sounding and not as loud as it sounds in the video.

[ame]http://youtu.be/f7f9x4FKO6I[/ame]

Ordered the 3" tti system with the ultra flow mufflers .Thanks for everyones input.

I have 40s on my dart. I had dougs headers and a 2.5 inch flomaster exhaust out the rear. I have a 360 with a comp xe268 cam, sounded really good, I had people tell me at stop lights how good it sounded, got a "that sounds great, what exhaust are you running" very often. But as others have said, it droned pretty bad, but I didn't really care.

I now have a much bigger solid roller cam going in so itll sound alot different, but I may have a video of the old setup.

I haven't decided on mufflers yet for my '69 Dart, but received new 3" mandrel bent exhaust system with the project from the previous owner.
I got to agree with the prior comments about flowmasters. I had a dual exhaust system with flowmasters on my old '77 F250 behind the 460 and the drone was terrible. It would also set off every car alarm on three floors if I rumbled through a parking garage.

-
Back