Mufflers ?

-
Whatever muffler you use, get rid of those in-front-of-the-rear-wheel exits and put them under the car, dumped in front of the axle, with turn downs angled toward each other on a 45* angle. "The Internal Combustion Orchestra".
Sorry but the mufflers coming out at a 45 degree angle in front of the back tires turned up slightly is my trademark...

If you could fashion ANY crossover tube, it will actually take out alot of the popping of the glasspacks. Also, even if the packs are toast, they are still acting as an expansion chamber and only need a muff on the end to mellow out the rapping. Remember those disk mufflers? Add disks to decrease backpressure.....Supertrapps! they came out with a CD (concealed disk) that looked just like a glasspack but it was just a slip on cover. I got 2 3" SpinTechs for $10 at a swap meet. They weight about 10 lbs a piece. The look like a box with welded stubs and little spiral welds everywhere. .
5579485-MufflerComparisionChart.jpg

Last edited:
My Mustang buddy only ran "Cherry Bomb Header mufflers" that 3-bolt flanged right off the collector, not much different than what you got but about 5 feet less of actual pipe: JHC, those were loud. You could hear him coming a block away.

My Mustang buddy only ran "Cherry Bomb Header mufflers" that 3-bolt flanged right off the collector, not much different than what you got but about 5 feet less of actual pipe: JHC, those were loud. You could hear him coming a block away.
Also there you can see the picture of where I welded that bong in for the O2 sensor!? LOL voice command! I'm going to leave the bong but I meant bung LOL

Pypes racepro’s not the violators! I picked up 2 + tenths going from dynomax superturbo to the racepros.

Pypes racepro’s not the violators! I picked up 2 + tenths going from dynomax superturbo to the racepros.
I also vote for Pypes race pros. My car is soooo quite and un assuming at the track until I open it up. Car picked up a tenth going from th drone Flowmaster 40s

Also there you can see the picture of where I welded that bong in for the O2 sensor!? LOL voice command! I'm going to leave the bong but I meant bung LOL
we know where ur head is at !! LOL BONG !

I have Jones stainless 3" straight-through mufflers on my Duster, they were only $37 each at Summit.

I have Jones stainless 3" straight-through mufflers on my Duster, they were only $37 each at Summit.
Dyno max my Oregonian Brother! And never trust advice from YR as he is scheming to slow ya down for the grudge race! Clearly a bong or a bung and bench racing go hand in hand! And I run nothing but straight pipes on my HDs and a shovel of course! None of mine have exhaust past axle. Our track just opened this weekend coming up. We had our drivers meeting last week. Should have a cool pix this weekend as I am going to line up my E bodies. Sadly my A body is not ready yet. Smart money is on the Cuda, brute force over technology! Be safe racing this year

Dyno max my Oregonian Brother! And never trust advice from YR as he is scheming to slow ya down for the grudge race! Clearly a bong or a bung and bench racing go hand in hand! And I run nothing but straight pipes on my HDs and a shovel of course! None of mine have exhaust past axle. Our track just opened this weekend coming up. We had our drivers meeting last week. Should have a cool pix this weekend as I am going to line up my E bodies. Sadly my A body is not ready yet. Smart money is on the Cuda, brute force over technology! Be safe racing this year
Fargo rules!

I had a 9 second '69 Dart with the Pypes Racepro's, I loved them. They didn't slow the car down at all and were quiet enough to do a little street driving.

Love the polished stainless Kooks mufflers i put on my Dart. Sound ultra sweet
I`ve posted this a few times before.
I used 3 1/2' x 12" long (ROUNDY ROUND) bullet mufflers, and welded 3 1/2" spiral cores in them about 1/2 way in. Full 3 1/2 " (collectors are 3 1/2'') exhaust turned straight down in front of the rear end. No drone , no popping , not extremely loud, and none to little back pressure. All this was bought for under $50 at the time, minus the 3 1/2" exhaust pipe. U will not need 3 1/2" w/ smaller engines tho .
If u shop around, these can still be had pretty cheap.---jfyi

-
Back