Musicians on the Board

-

RustyDusty

Rabid Cross-eyed Opossum!
Reaction score
Cheers!
I received a lot of replies on my "Welcome Wagon" post about a lot of you guys being musicians like me. I was just curious who all on here is a musician, and what instrument & style you play.

I'm a professional guitarist of about 4 years now. I play guitar, and do back up vocals in three separate bands. I have a love for Metal, but will play anything that will get me paid.

Post any videos or recordings of yourself as well!

Here's a live video of me:
[ame="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=42032041"]Drake Tulloh Live Solo Video by Drake Tulloh (Now on Facebook) /DrakeTulloh - MySpace Video@@AMEPARAM@@http://mediaservices.myspace.com/Services/Media/Embed.aspx/m=42032041@@AMEPARAM@@mediaservices@@AMEPARAM@@myspace@@AMEPARAM@@Services/Media/Embed@@AMEPARAM@@aspx/m@@AMEPARAM@@42032041[/ame]

Drake

That was a killer solo... I love live music, I don't play anything, here's a guy I trade parts with sometimes... He's took most of his videos off youtube, I found this one of him..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2cybbkDXFM"]YouTube- kasey chambers-runaway train-cover[/ame]

Im a lead guitar player coming from a musical background. I play alot of texas rock and blues, my old alternative band opened for Vince Neil of Motley Crue, Blue Oyster Cult, Blue October to name a Few.

Ill post a few vids of my old cover band Battle Creek

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMG-_EcvkEQ"]YouTube- Fire covered by Battle Creek, clip[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCvJEY-kgVU&feature=related"]YouTube- Battle Creek Voodoo Chile Clip[/ame]

bass, guitar, drums, sax, any other instrument I can get my hands on except keyboard
blues, rockabilly, country, metal, rock&roll, punk, anything with a beat except disco

Guitar, mandolin, banjo, harmonica, vocals..(lead and backing)...mostly Country new and old, classic rock, folk, blues and some really obscure Irish folk tunes...
Was working 1 to 2 nights a week from 2000 to 2008 with a band called Rust. Before that I was solo for a few years, and with bands called Foreign Matter, Blue Moon, Pa Circuit. Been working since 1986.

I play a sixstring frettless slide guitar and harmonica, Have been doing so for 35 years. I played with a Miami blues band called "Fat Chance Blues Band' and spent many years doing studio gigs in miami. I moved to Texas and I cant find anyone who likes or plays Southern Rock here.
You think in Austin there would be somebody. Go Figure
Andrew
Ps no movin' pictrs

I play the geetar the best and so so on just about anything else that makes noise just give me some time to practice and I can make it happen.

I think I suck but everyone else say's i'm pretty good.
Used to have a video but it got deleted from my puter.

if anyone here saved my rock and roll losers video on their hard drive, please send it to me or post it up.

Boston local 9-535 piano/keyboard; I play classical, jazz and musical theater (money is money), society gigs. Do a lot of teaching.

Cheers!
I received a lot of replies on my "Welcome Wagon" post about a lot of you guys being musicians like me. I was just curious who all on here is a musician, and what instrument & style you play.

I'm a professional guitarist of about 4 years now. I play guitar, and do back up vocals in three separate bands. I have a love for Metal, but will play anything that will get me paid.

Drake Tulloh Live Solo Video by Drake Tulloh (Now on Facebook) /DrakeTulloh - MySpace Video

Drake

Awesome! Jackson Rhoads? I have one too! I play all kinds of music but mostly rock, post hardcore, pop punk

Guitar, mandolin and tryin to learn banjo. Blues (especially acoustic slide), country, country gospel, church hymns. Idon't have and videos worthy to post.

I have been in the same band since 1989, and since 1995 with our current lineup. We have played all different styles of music through the years, but now focus on mostly a bluegrass style covering anything from straight bluegrass to rock covers in the bluegrass style. We did a lot of irish music when the Riverdance craze was big, and the O Brother Where Art Thou gave a big kick to the current interest in bluegrass and old time folk. I currently play standup bass, but also play guitar, banjo, accordian, mandolin and I can play drums but it has been a while since I have had a set. My band's name is Company of Strangers and we can be found at companyofstrangers.com or on facebook at companyofstrangersmusic. We have been averaging 3 performances a week lately which is a nice supplement to my current day job, but that every wednesday night gig has been a killer on my thursday mornings!!! Good to see so many musicians on FABO!!! Pick on all, Geof

Played the drums with a band we put together called Public Problem back in the early 80's. We wrote 20 something songs, We played a lot, then all of a sudden......we lost interest, too many drugs, really bad stuff, what a shame!

I sat down at a set a few weeks ago (after 30 years),thought I was going to suck bad, but it's like riding a bike, I didn't miss a beat and had a great time!8)

LCjeff

I have been playing guitar for less than a year with my main influence would be
Randy Rhoads

Just chiming in real quick, list of claim to fame as a guitarist for 38 years coming soon!

I am responsable for a party in Florida once a year called Roscoes chili challenge useualy attended by several thousand motorcycle and mopar enthusiests check out the website at www.roscoeschilichallenge.com. it features 3 days of bands and entertainment check out the Bands page and call Steve if interested in performing.
Roscoe

My last band Rust was disbanded in 2008, got busy with my shop and couldn't keep the bass player out of jail and the harmonica player got to be a PIA premadonna so it was easier to just take some time off. A friend asked me in June if I would provide a PA for a biker rally and I agreed cause I have everything, then he asked if I knew of a band as their second act cancelled on them. I told him I would call my drummer and keyboard player and we'd do something for them. After 2 years of not being together and only 3 piece instead of 5 we rocked the joint..like was said it's like riding a bike.
I have family in Michigan the one son is into into bluegrass and the old man has a Polka band. They are around Stephensville (?)..

Been playing the guitar since 1973. Mostly rythem with a bit of lead on songs I'm really into. Been in several bands over the years and was usually the lead singer. I don't pick it up that much anymore unless the mood strikes me. Played rock, blues, country, bluegrass. Lately when I do pick up the axe I've been getting into new country more. I'll never do it again for money like in the past but I still like to jam once in a while.

I am a church bass player. Probably the worst you have ever heard. But you can ask anyone who goes to church with me, he is definately a LEGEND in his own mind,Thanks Kevin.

I too, am a church bassist, and I play in a Classic Rock band, too.

Electric Bass, Double Bass, Cello, Guitar, Keyboards, and a little bit of flute.

I enjoy Classic Rock, Blues (both acoustic and electric), Fusion, Jazz, Contemporary Christian, and a lot of the old 50's stuff. Even some of the Swing from the 40's.

I'm learning! :-D Getting comfortable with the acoustic guitar sitting behind me here in the office with the wife's keyboard sitting beside me. Neither of us are professionals, not by a long shot, but the wife does sing and play the piano proficiently.

My goal: just to be able to play.

:rock:im still considered a wannabe musician. been messing around with an esteban guitar i bought that came with lessons. also got some good pointers from the music teacher here at work who is an incredible banjo and guitar player among other insruments. i like the classic country (waylon, cash ,etc. to the older metal such as poison, cinderella,ratt, etc.) im finding it easiest to learn old slow country right now.

Cheers!

Drake Tulloh Live Solo Video by Drake Tulloh (Now on Facebook) /DrakeTulloh - MySpace Video

Drake
Greetings. I am not a pro player, Just a Hack.:rock: Playing a couple bar gigs with a cover band the next couple weeks. My mock rock FB page.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hack-NoiseMaker/135519163150509

I have been a drummer since I was 7 years old(56 now), many many bands. I haven't played professionally for 10 years but I really miss it. My last kit went for a street rod, looking for another. Mostly metal but alot of rock n roll too.

I have been playing the drums for 30 years and have played in a few bands. Recorded in 1992 with my band called the STBs (Sexually Transmitted Blues) and were successful around the city circuit. Now I am playing the African Djembe drum and actually did some recording today with a friend whom I continue to write music with in a two man project. Still put out a concert each year, with the music teacher's in my school, for the students at our school. I am also playing a set with a Rolling Stones cover band this coming weekend. My genres are Blues, blues rock, classic rock and new rock.

-
Back