-
4smygy.jpg

rhld6r.jpg

2z4hlom.jpg

9tmx61.jpg

2yyb42a.jpg

IMG_2827.jpg

IMG_2823.jpg

The HDK looks very professional , the design could be more streamlined to cut down the number of welds .

Whats your point ?

Do you have anything intelligent to contribute because I haven't seen it yet ?

Good thing you ain't close by...you would be a prime canidate for the ol' bottlerocket under the $hithouse door ....that's kinda my idea of an intelligent response.....just say'n

so much for the fun stuff.........

BTW...I really like the RMS set-up, and I think Bill and his company are top notch. I started doing my own simply because I needed to move so much stuff around for a narrower track width and lower motor placement , it didn't make sense to pay the big $$..only to cut it up and modify. And to be honest, after owning and running several businesses , I'm not out to be the K-frame King....I only want to provide an alternate for my fellow Mopar hot-rodders. Anyone that has been around me knows... my friends and having a good time hot-roddin come first.....and that my friends...money cannot buy

A big thank you goes out to the ones who have patiently helped me develop/refine this piece.
I have experimented with a cleaner look on the steering crossbar, ....IF I could get my welder/fabricator on board....who knows??

This is a great thread for us common folk trying to see our options with quality built after market K-frame set-up's,I'm waiting for Denny to have the set-up for my 5.7 in my duster but have a question Denny--On the rms unit you can see the wrap around mount for the top of the coil over shocks,How does your K-frame address the issue of supporting the top shock mount??? Did I miss something on the pic's--Thanks Guy's Steve

I did not mean to ruffle your feathers HemiDenny not sure if you are crabby about my jab at inkjunkie or if you are defensive about my comment on your K member design. What I am saying is that with a small change you could save your welder hours of fitting and welding . Square tubing and round tubing can be bent , most mandrel benders have shoes to accommodate all types of material . Take for instance your center bar, that could be bent in either round or square and that would save you time and money in the fabrication department by getting rid of 10 plus welds .

I appreciate your work on building parts for the mopar crowd , you have my respect .

Guess I should have been able to figure that one out.

I'll start a list:

I know there's more... is there a benefit when lowering the car?

I'm kinda playing Sherlock Holmes here (not too good at it but I'm trying - where's Watson?)

1) R&P steering.
2) Torsion bars gone so more room for headers etc.
3) Narrows track width (more fender clearance for lowering?)
4) Lower motor placement (for hemi engine/tranny swaps?)

I'm kinda playing Sherlock Holmes here (not too good at it but I'm trying - where's Watson?)

1) R&P steering.
2) Torsion bars gone so more room for headers etc.
3) Narrows track width (more fender clearance for lowering?)
4) Lower motor placement (for hemi engine/tranny swaps?)

A lowered car has a lower center of gravity which improves handling. The illustration would be taking a freeway offramp at 60 in a Viper and then doing the same maneuver in a Ramcharger. Which one falls over first? (Granted it's over simplified and other factors come into play, but you get the idea).

Whats your point ?

Do you have anything intelligent to contribute because I haven't seen it yet ?
this coming form the guy who has been here what, 2 freaking days. hey clown, these threads often go south in a hurry because of difference in opinions and folks like yourself, who take this crap way too seriously thinking that by them sitting behind there keyboard pounding on there chest that they are somebody. can't handle a bit of humor i suggest you take a walk. last time i checked this was just the internet, why are you panties in a wad? bottle rocket under the sh*t house door is two kind for some folks.....

where is that freaking ignore button again....

I did not mean to ruffle your feathers HemiDenny not sure if you are crabby about my jab at inkjunkie or if you are defensive about my comment on your K member design. What I am saying is that with a small change you could save your welder hours of fitting and welding . Square tubing and round tubing can be bent , most mandrel benders have shoes to accommodate all types of material . Take for instance your center bar, that could be bent in either round or square and that would save you time and money in the fabrication department by getting rid of 10 plus welds .

I appreciate your work on building parts for the mopar crowd , you have my respect .

hey Mean...didn't mean to come off that way at all ...not crabby ...thats why the bottlerocket jab...ya know...pokin' fun...just bench racin'...thats all. I typed it with a chuckle. Maybe thought you were a little tough on the "Beav" (Injunkie)...but I'll bet he's a big boy.

I'm 100% with you on the center bar...can't find anyone to bend the box for me...know anyone?.... done a few with the round (my Duster and the HemiDemon) and I like the look better myself... I'm with you on the savings and cleaner look...excellent points

I'm always open to suggestions on improvements...the best ideas I ever had were the ones I got from someone else.

Mopar to ya'
Denny

like some clown taking a swipe at me on the internet means anything......Denny, ever gonna answer my pm????? or do i need to send a bottle rocket your way?????????

like some clown taking a swipe at me on the internet means anything......Denny, ever gonna answer my pm????? or do i need to send a bottle rocket your way?????????

I did...yesterday...by my phone, I was out of town.

please bear with me...I am a little computer skills challenged....ask Jim w/ the HemiDemon....without him, I wouldn't be even at this remedial level

This is a great thread for us common folk trying to see our options with quality built after market K-frame set-up's,I'm waiting for Denny to have the set-up for my 5.7 in my duster but have a question Denny--On the rms unit you can see the wrap around mount for the top of the coil over shocks,How does your K-frame address the issue of supporting the top shock mount??? Did I miss something on the pic's--Thanks Guy's Steve

I use a triangulated support that ties the upper portion to the lower/stronger area. I am also adding a support hoop for the extremes. I want it all to bolt on without removal of any of your original Mopar. I did a similiar bolt-on hoop support on HemiMarks 528 Duster (13 years ago), the HemiDemon, and a weld-in set-up on my silver Duster

BTW.....got some new stance pics on my thread w/ the ghost graphics

where is that freaking ignore button again....

That ignore button looked awesome. I took it.

I'm enjoying all of the suspension info here. I like the RMS setup, but I see that there are folks out there doing quality work also.

I use a triangulated support that ties the upper portion to the lower/stronger area. I am also adding a support hoop for the extremes. I want it all to bolt on without removal of any of your original Mopar. I did a similiar bolt-on hoop support on HemiMarks 528 Duster (13 years ago), the HemiDemon, and a weld-in set-up on my silver Duster

Looking forward to getting the support hoop and testing the non SS thingamajigger.

Your set up looks great. I have been watching AnotherA's project and when the money is right I will be going the HDK route.

I don't know much about any of this but I do know I like my quick steering box and the torsion bars on the Mopar suspension and outside of the fact that my Signet ran in the 11's 20 years and today the car still weighs in at around 2500 pounds, I will not change what worked for me at the track and on the street unless of course I was to use a non Mopar engine, which is not likely at this time...

just cuz you built a mean car does not mean you aint a clown.......what is under your car, is it able to survive street driving? i am a couple of mile away from pavement, on a dirt road that with a bit of luck gets graded every other year. freeways by me are seriously grooved from all the studded snow tires. as to my car, be the first to admit I am no fabricator so I paid someone to the standard a-body stuff, cage, mint-tub etc. not all of us are blessed with enough talent and funds to build something like yours....so I guess this makes you a rich clown.....i'm just a disabled disgruntled former postal employee.....

I am at pease , I would like you to stop calling me names , here is a olive Branch take it . I am done with this .

-
Back