My 1967 Cuda Restoration

-
Yeah, my heater core was about the same from advance auto parts, and I was really suprized they actually carried one.

WHatever you do.....DON"T use a cal duster on the car. They have the tendency to leave streak marks in the clear due to it not having any lube in it. NEVER wipe a a car with a dry rag if you can avoid it. I use detail spray with high quality microfiber towels, and if it's really dusty, blow it off first with an air gun. Trust me, black cars are hard to keep any blemishes off of.

Congrat's Tony :cheers: I bet it feels good to have the Barracuda home for a while :happy10:

ENJOY BUD

WHatever you do.....DON"T use a cal duster on the car. They have the tendency to leave streak marks in the clear due to it not having any lube in it. NEVER wipe a a car with a dry rag if you can avoid it. I use detail spray with high quality microfiber towels, and if it's really dusty, blow it off first with an air gun. Trust me, black cars are hard to keep any blemishes off of.

Thanks for the warning red. Didn't know that about the duster.

Detail spray and microfiber is all I ever use on my cars. Right now it has
a layer of dust on it. I'm not sure how to get it off. Got any suggestions
for me. It got the dust on the way home I'm guessing. I would like
to have it clean before I touch it.

Congrat's Tony :cheers: I bet it feels good to have the Barracuda home for a while :happy10:

ENJOY BUD

Thanks Mike!

You bet it feels good.:toothy10::toothy10:
dance.gif
th_dancingnanaParty.gif

I am not sure if you are in an area where you can but I have used water to spray it off and not touch it

Remove the hose nozzle and allow the water to "flow" over the dusty areas to "float" away the dust then "if you must" a moistened micro-fiber cloth to remove moisture. Put it inside so it doesn't water spot. No wax for at least a month or more, gotta cure / let the solvents breath out. Waxing fresh paint puts a seal coat and doesn't allow solvents to get out and can/will create solvent pops in the paint - yuk!!!! Definitely Drool city man, looks awesome. Congratulations.

Remove the hose nozzle and allow the water to "flow" over the dusty areas to "float" away the dust then "if you must" a moistened micro-fiber cloth to remove moisture. Put it inside so it doesn't water spot. No wax for at least a month or more, gotta cure / let the solvents breath out. Waxing fresh paint puts a seal coat and doesn't allow solvents to get out and can/will create solvent pops in the paint - yuk!!!! Definitely Drool city man, looks awesome. Congratulations.

Thanks again Joe!

Holy crap Tony! It looks amazing.Looks like magazine material to me.When you go for your first ride I'm sure you'll come back 30 years younger.Keep them pics comin.8)

Took some well desrved holidys. Went where it was hot 105*,too hot,but the time off was what I wanted.Back to work yesterday and going 100mph already.When does this end Tony?8)

Is retirement out of the question?

I for one really enjoy it.

Tony, just use air first. Then get out the detail spray and some microfibers. Fold them in quarters, and turn when needed. No need for water. I have washed my car 2 times in four years of it being painted. No wax for 3 months. Polish is ok though.

Is retirement out of the question?

I for one really enjoy it.

Yep,retiremant is being considered but not for about 2-3 years. After that i want to do a "Tony Fields" to my car. Lol,not only are you doing almost exactly what I want to do to my car but you are doing it to the exact same car! This is something like I'm looking for.But a few changes.

mycar1.jpg

I know it's a 68,I already bought the sidemarker lights.I like em,had on my 68 GTX.

mycar1.jpg

The all around combo is fantastic Tony, just read this whole thing.

Black A-Bodies are pretty cool I guess :-D

Tony, just use air first. Then get out the detail spray and some microfibers. Fold them in quarters, and turn when needed. No need for water. I have washed my car 2 times in four years of it being painted. No wax for 3 months. Polish is ok though.

Sounds like a winner. Thanks!

Yep,retiremant is being considered but not for about 2-3 years. After that i want to do a "Tony Fields" to my car. Lol,not only are you doing almost exactly what I want to do to my car but you are doing it to the exact same car! This is something like I'm looking for.But a few changes.

View attachment 123228

I know it's a 68,I already bought the sidemarker lights.I like em,had on my 68 GTX.

I like that "do a Tony Fields to my car"

Thank you!

The all around combo is fantastic Tony, just read this whole thing.

Black A-Bodies are pretty cool I guess :-D

Thanks YoungBlood!

I agree Black is cool, but then again any color on an A Body is cool!

Had a productive day today. Got the heater box, windshield wiper motor, drip rail trim, clips for the front and back window trim, and the dash installed today. I also installed new wiper shaft seals......grrrrrrrr!

DSCF1686_Medium_.jpg

DSCF1687_Medium_.jpg

DSCF1681_Medium_.jpg

DSCF1685_Medium_.jpg

DSCF1688_Medium_.jpg

DSCF1690_Medium_.jpg

DSCF1680_Medium_.jpg

Now I gotta pull the steering column and fill in where I ground off
the column shifter mount and paint it black. I may have the front and rear windows installed next.

Looks great Tony! I hope you have new wire harnesses to put in, cuz now's the time.

I honestly can't wait til I see red interior against that black paint. There WILL be a drooling session on FABO, that I guarantee.

Looks great Tony! I hope you have new wire harnesses to put in, cuz now's the time.

I honestly can't wait til I see red interior against that black paint. There WILL be a drooling session on FABO, that I guarantee.

Thanks red!

Wiring harness is in great shape, just needs the dust removed from
it. It hasn't been cut up in any way.

I'm starting to get a little giddy. I am really enjoying this car and it
will be driven!

Car is looking great Tony!! I can't wait to start piecing mine together! :toothy10:
Somehow I never thought black looked good on the coupes, but the fastbacks seem to have the right look to pull it off.

I'm glad to see your assembling your car! Damn.... your making great progress! When mine was at that stage it took me 2 months to get there.

Did I mention I'm in love with your car?
8)

Car is looking great Tony!! I can't wait to start piecing mine together! :toothy10:
Somehow I never thought black looked good on the coupes, but the fastbacks seem to have the right look to pull it off.

Thanks fishy......I think the black makes this car.

I'm glad to see your assembling your car! Damn.... your making great progress! When mine was at that stage it took me 2 months to get there.

Did I mention I'm in love with your car?
8)

Thanks John!

I hope she doesn't disappoint you when she's finished.:-D

-
Back