My 1967 Cuda Restoration

-
Wait a minute... In the very first post of this thread you show a beautiful RED dashboard and in the installed shot on this page, it's all black.

HUH?
:?

Wait a minute... In the very first post of this thread you show a beautiful RED dashboard and in the installed shot on this page, it's all black.

HUH?
:?

I looked back ,too. See post #28,I think that explains it.This is going to be one amazing car!

I couldn't match the inside door paint to the dash since the dash had
been powder coated. That's when I had to go to black on the dash.

Here's the thread:

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showpost.php?p=132192&postcount=28

Sunvisors are black also.

Red items on the car are seats, door panels and red stripe tires and
engine block.

If the car had a white interior, I think the only things white were
the seats and door panels, so that's what I based my red on.

I went back to post #28 and read it:
I have to go to black on my dash. I could not find any paint to match the
red on the dash. The dash is back at the powder coaters at this time.

I would have painted the dash frame instead ..... But either way, she's gonna be killer when done!

I went back to post #28 and read it:

I would have painted the dash frame instead ..... But either way, she's gonna be killer when done!

I had the "dash frame" red.....couldn't match the powder coated "red"
to spray paint "red' on the doors.

I do have a question for you John and redfastback and any others
with any input. What would a red carpet and red console do for the interior along with the other red items?

Personally, I'd go the full red theme. The console, carpet, seats, and yes....dash. My opinion.

BTW: I'm still on the fence about doing my seats and door panels in white when I re-do my interior, which was never done after the re-paint.
8)

I do have a question for you John and redfastback and any others with any input. What would a red carpet and red console do for the interior along with the other red items?

Tony, I've been watching your build, been subscribed for some time. Outstanding fish.

MHO on the question - too much red. I think you need to have some black inside to really make the red "pop", black carpet, visors, dash, console, column etc, will make the red seats, door panels, etc. really that much more appreciable. But, that's MHO. I'm sure whatever you do will be terrific.

Keep the pictures coming.

Tony, I've been watching your build, been subscribed for some time. Outstanding fish.

MHO on the question - too much red. I think you need to have some black inside to really make the red "pop", black carpet, visors, dash, console, column etc, will make the red seats, door panels, etc. really that much more appreciable. But, that's MHO. I'm sure whatever you do will be terrific.

Keep the pictures coming.

Thanks Joe,
I'm thinking the way you're thinking.

Looking great Tony.

I think all red interior including carpet, headliner, visors, door panels and Black dash and steering column should be killer. Breaking up all that red is a good idea IMO.

Looking forward to seeing it all installed

I can't wait to see those grilles installed.

It's almost like after seeing a set of those, one would just have to build a car around them.

I can't wait to see those grilles installed.

It's almost like after seeing a set of those, one would just have to build a car around them.

I never thought of it that way spaz, but you're right. I have to install
those before any of the front end can go together.

Yep ,I say break up the red interior with a small amount of black,unless you can think of a third color,might be a little risky.One question and a dumb one I think. With that fresh paint job and you having to install things ,do you do anything to cover up the paint or just be extra careful. I think I would be crappin my drawers every time I had to install a part.8)

Yep ,I say break up the red interior with a small amount of black,unless you can think of a third color,might be a little risky.One question and a dumb one I think. With that fresh paint job and you having to install things ,do you do anything to cover up the paint or just be extra careful. I think I would be crappin my drawers every time I had to install a part.8)

I mask the paint off while installing the items. It is still nerve racking.

I may go with a red console......if it doesn't look right, I'll take it
back to black. I think I will stick with black carpet.

With that fresh paint job and you having to install things ,do you do anything to cover up the paint or just be extra careful. I think I would be crappin my drawers every time I had to install a part.8)

I used a roll of 2" and a 3/4" blue painters tape putting mine together. Managed only 1 tiny scratch....

And yes, you feel like you will have an involuntary bowel movement once you start swinging the big, heavy stuff around. Engines....Transmissions....Seats.... etc.
:-D

I used a roll of 2" and a 3/4" blue painters tape putting mine together. Managed only 1 tiny scratch....

And yes, you feel like you will have an involuntary bowel movement once you start swinging the big, heavy stuff around. Engines....Transmissions....Seats.... etc.
:-D

This is an experience I have never gone thru but hope to in the next few years.8)

It's gonna get scratched.
Just tell yourself this and when it happens it won't kill you, just be careful and try not to make it happen on your watch.

I had no problem popping the grilles in, no scratches, but when installing the motor, the engine hoist slid too far forward and gouged a 3" scrape in the freshly chromed bumper even through a heavy moving blanket that was draped over the front end.

The windshield guy's drill bit broke and scratched the paint on the cowl, and every time I look at the car closely in different light, I see a new paint flaw, ding or scratch that I did not notice before.

One thing you will realize is that you will point out more flaws that nobody else will notice but you.

It's gonna get scratched.
Just tell yourself this and when it happens it won't kill you, just be careful and try not to make it happen on your watch.

I had no problem popping the grilles in, no scratches, but when installing the motor, the engine hoist slid too far forward and gouged a 3" scrape in the freshly chromed bumper even through a heavy moving blanket that was draped over the front end.

The windshield guy's drill bit broke and scratched the paint on the cowl, and every time I look at the car closely in different light, I see a new paint flaw, ding or scratch that I did not notice before.

One thing you will realize is that you will point out more flaws that nobody else will notice but you.

You're right spaz......something will happen.

I've tried to think of everything that might go wrong.
When the engine and tranny go in the car will be a "tub" only.
No fenders, bumpers, hood, doors, deck lid.

I drilled the holes for the 68-69 window trim before it went to the
paint shop. The clips have been installed with no issues.

The only holes not drilled are for the wheel well trim.

I'll just keep my fingers crossed!

Got the steering column out and on the work bench.

DSCF1701_Medium_.jpg

Need to get the wiring cleaned up....it hasn't been cut up at all, just dirty.

Then I'll probably coat the floor and install some sound insulation.

You will enjoy it DRENO....it would have been cheaper to buy a turn key,
but it wouldn't have had my blood, sweat and tears all ovet it.:-D

My car was a turnkey so to speak.Picked it up and drove it 400 miles back home.But there are plenty of things that need fixing and I want to do as much as I can myself so that I can say, " I did it myself ". I envy you what you are doing. I also have a column shift column with the shifter removed and a B+M floor shifter.I am interested in your change/repair to your column,I will be watching closely.Hopefully you will show a few pics.Ok I shut up now.8)

My car was a turnkey so to speak.Picked it up and drove it 400 miles back home.But there are plenty of things that need fixing and I want to do as much as I can myself so that I can say, " I did it myself ". I envy you what you are doing. I also have a column shift column with the shifter removed and a B+M floor shifter.I am interested in your change/repair to your column,I will be watching closely.Hopefully you will show a few pics.Ok I shut up now.8)

I'll post up some pics tomorrow Dave.

Tony

-
Back