My 1970 Duster 340 FM3 project

-
Think I am going to bolt the doors and hood back on and list her for sale. I just don't have it in me right now to do two project cars and I really love the 1971 model year. Not sure how much to ask for it but I know it will probably end up being less than I have in it. This way I can use some of the money from this car to fund the 71...

Totally understand! When you put this much time and money in a car it should be the right one for you. Good luck with the sale!

Cley

Think I am going to bolt the doors and hood back on and list her for sale. I just don't have it in me right now to do two project cars and I really love the 1971 model year. Not sure how much to ask for it but I know it will probably end up being less than I have in it. This way I can use some of the money from this car to fund the 71...
If I didn’t have enough (too many according to my wife) projects already, I’d make a push to buy it! Always wanted an FM3 Duster.

Well someone is going snap that up.

I've been following along... that's a bummer but I get it
I'm in the same boat (2 dusters) one has to go so I can focus in. So the old Kraco won you over! ;) Good luck...

I might do a little more to it rather than just bolt the doors back on. Spoke with my neighbor, who fabricates full tube chassis race cars and everything in between, and he said if I pull the motor, trans, and k-frame, he could put the Duster on his frame table remove and replace the frame rail for me for a pretty decent price. Truthfully, I just don't know if I feel like messing with that or not. UGGHH! Why did I have to see that 71 for sale here in my town?!?!

Maybe I should just sell both and get another boat. Fishing is so much more relaxing LOL
If they weren’t both rare, sought after cars, you could turn one into a boat. :D wouldn’t be real nice to try to fist out of though… more of a “hang your arm out the window and cruise the lake” type of boat. Lol

Why did I have to see that 71 for sale here in my town?!?!

Yep same thing just happened to me. Bought a 72 was all in..."this thing is gonna be awesome blah blah blah", and then a 70 pops up, that I think I used to own a LONG time ago. hard to tell, as it's been upgraded to V8 with spool Kframe etc.
Anyway yeah, I cant really keep both...unless I can hide one somewhere.

Boats...been there a few times myself. Might be more awesome where you are... holding up traffic hauling one up a mountain sucks.

Boating/fishing has always been my "salt water therapy." I love being on the water. Down here, there is so much to do even with a smaller boat which is what I plan on getting. Just want a nice, low horsepower, 16-17 foot flats or bay boat. Something for snook or bridge fishing that can get into shallow water to maybe get redfish as well.

After much internal debate, I am going to list her for sale. Besides everything else I discussed in this thread, I lost my older sister at just 56 a couple of weeks ago, literally the day before my 55th birthday and I just don't have my heart in it now. I want to spend as much time with my wife and enjoying life here in Florida. I have spent so much time over the past 4 decades working on project cars, I think it is time to work less and enjoy life more. I am most likely going to sell the 1971 TX9 340 car as well. I will post a for sale ads here later today for both cars to give you guys first crack before I post it on FB and maybe even eBay. Maybe I will get back into the game in a year or so, but for now I just need to learn to really enjoy life. My sister would have turned 57 in August. We were really close in our late teens on through our 20's. Our relationship got strained the last few years (mainly because she hated the Orange Man and kicked everyone out of her life that didn't think the same) but man is it hard to accept what happened...

I'm sorry for your loss.
I pray for peace comfort and healing.
Enjoy life it's the only one you get.
God Bless

Gary,
Sorry for the loss of your sister.

Life is indeed too short and, as mentioned, the only one we get.

Enjoy your wife and family. Life flashes by before we realize it.

Best regards

-
Back