My 1972 Dodge demon resto begins!

-
how about pink?

demon3.JPG

Black

All black, valve covers, pulleys, manifolds and headers. No chrome or billet. The only thing chi-nee is the arp bolts. Looks freaking SANO...

Ok took the disassembled short block to the machine shop today. The machinest seems to think he can find out what cam it has. He said he will get back to me in a few days to let me know everything that will be needed. Ok big question. If I go with plumb crazy purple what color should I paint the engine????

Race Hemi Orange

Thanks Russ. Well do they sell black engine paint? Russ what color is yours? Orange doesnt look to bad.

Great looking 72 you're restoring Slappy.......Paint it whatever color, it'll look good. 8)

I made a bit more progress this weekend. I started with the tail panel because ,well it was easy to get to. I thought there might be some filler in the tail panel. I was right. There was some on the right side by the light. I noticed one little spot that may had needed some filler but I think it was just overkill on the filler from the previous owner. I was sure glad to see that. I have most of the tailpanel down to bare metal. It looks real solid. I also started working on my donor door for the right side. The current door was full of bondo around the handle. After some aircraft stripper and a couple of hours on the door with a DA sander its looking pretty good. It does have a couple of pits in it near the bottom but all in all a good door. The jury is still out on the machine work. It will be a week come tuesday that I dropped it off. Hopefully I will hear soon. Here are some more pix on the progress this weekend. Any advise is always appreciated.

001.JPG

002.JPG

010.JPG

005.JPG

011.JPG

I was doing one project a year till
the bottom fell out of everything
hope to do another soon good luck
How about doing something like this
it's alot eaiser to keep clean

demonengine.jpg

Thanks I've been itching to do another 71 Demon
Been thinking White with black vinyl top matte
black stripping - blackout hood with the two scoops
black interior never saw one but wish I could.I can't
even find one on google

Well today I got some parts off the car and ready to take to my sand blaster guy. They include spindles,backing plates, bumper brackets front and rear. I am including a couple of shots of the k-frame I had blasted. I have a welder friend who will be cleaning up the k-frame welds that chrysler did from the factory and also strengthen the frame. It came out clean. I will post more pix of the other parts when they come back. Is there a good chasis paint I can use for painting this stuff?

002.JPG

IMG_5793.JPG

IMG_5810.JPG

IMG_5814.JPG

Got my parts back from my sand blaster guy. What do you think? Pictures are a bit funny because its in the dark. He charged me 90.00 to do all the parts shown. I cant wait to paint them. Any Ideas what to use for paint?

001.JPG

I am told the welds are factory. Do a search on my name and look at the k-frame thread. I think a two year old welded it lol.

Got my parts back from my sand blaster guy. What do you think? Pictures are a bit funny because its in the dark. He charged me 90.00 to do all the parts shown. I cant wait to paint them. Any Ideas what to use for paint?

Eastwood 2K ceramic chassis paint, avail in satin and gloss, catalyzed 2 part product, very very durable
http://www.eastwood.com/undercar-drivetrain/undercar-coatings/eastwood-2k-ceramic-chassis-black.html

It is available in kit form also with an epoxy primer base, with the great tooth your blasted parts have you can really get great adhesion and protection with a primer/topcoat combo like this

Ok took the disassembled short block to the machine shop today. The machinest seems to think he can find out what cam it has. He said he will get back to me in a few days to let me know everything that will be needed. Ok big question. If I go with plumb crazy purple what color should I paint the engine????

Street Hemi Orange. It is also the correct color for 1970-1971 340.

I got all my bumper brackets primed and painted. I have decided to get the k-frame and upper and lower control arms powder coated. I am leaning torwards getting the car painted some sort of plumb crazy purple. Should I go a different color other than black on the control arms and spindels like some sort of purple or something? Im a bit nervous of adding color but it might look kind of cool. Let me know your thoughts. Im going to try and get the parts out to leanna by the end of week.

002.jpg

003.jpg

Tod, it looks like he did a FABULOUS job on the blasting! Price was reasonable too. I wish a third of my customers' parts showed up that clean. LOL

I'm looking forward to working with you and turning that bare steel into something you can be proud of.

I basically gutted the interior. I removed all the glass accept windshield. Look how clean the floors are! It was a rubber mat car too!

007.jpg

006.jpg

004.JPG

003.JPG

Personally, I would go back with the green on green. High impact colors are getting over used IMO. It's refreshing to see a Green or Gold car now days.

-
Back