My 1972 Dodge demon resto begins!

-
Ok guys. today I pulled the engine. Wasnt to bad took about 2 hours. I will be selling the offenhouser intake and the schumacher conversion mounts that were on it also. Let me know if you are interested. Next step is to strip engine bay and remove transmission. After that it will be going to AMD's sheet metal install people in Ga. to get new trunk pan. Notice the picture of my four wheel dolley I bought from Harbor Frieght that holds 1000LBS. Yeah right! lasted like 5 minutes with the engine on it. They replaced it though.

006.jpg

010.jpg

012.jpg

011.jpg

013.jpg

I stripped the transmission, fuel tank, misc. wiring harness and what not under the hood.

004.JPG

013.jpg

003.jpg

Got all my parts back from the machine shop today. The block is wraped in the plastic. Got my edelbrock heads ported,air gap intake ported, srp racing pistons eagle rods, comp cams, ect ect. Cant wait to build it! Im like a kid in a candy store!

003.jpg

I thought the package that had with my A-pillar trim in seemed awful light Slappy...lol

John

just read throught the thread and its coming along great! makes wven happier that im picking up two dusters in the next few weekends. oh and do you still have that hood for sale? either way i cant wait to see your progress. oh and your only like 10 miles away from me lol!

Mopardude318 last update was the other day when I got my parts back from the machine shop. In the coming ays I will hopefully be able to start putting the engine together.:)

OBTW The old Demon hood has been sold. I still get a few inquires on the hood. Sorry for the confusion.

Nice demon, but how about posting some pics of that yellow duster as well. It looks really nice too. Good luck on your project!

Well I got the engine block taped off and ready for paint. Also Demon is on its way to Ga. for a trunk pan replacement. Can you believe I cant get anyone in my area to touch it! They all do collision repair and no resto work. Its going to C. Hopkins down in Ga. I will post pix of the completed work when I get it back.

Personally, I would go back with the green on green. High impact colors are getting over used IMO. It's refreshing to see a Green or Gold car now days.

X2

I think the car was gorgeous in the color it was. I'd Change the interior to black and thats it.
F3 (your shade of green) was one of the top selling colors in 71-72.
Not all the A bodies sold in 71 where Plum Crazy in fact less then 10% where. Hardly ever see that shade of green at shows EVER.

If you where to change color I'd consider Light Gunmetal/winchester Grey or Snowhite/britewhite with all the black trim that was offered.

My 2cents. GREAT car to start with you are blessed!

Small update 8/30/10. I took the car down to the bodyshop as planned. They are going to do the assesment. Well I got it today. Whoo 4700.00 to fix it. Everyone has seen the pictures. Well the right side has 2 quarter panels! One fitted right over the rusted one. Niether one is good. Both wheel houses are rusted and trunk floor needs replacing along with the extensions. So I told them to replace the tail panel also. It has bondo and a dent in it. I will post some pix as soon as I get them. Basically the whole back half of the car.

UPDATE! VERY COOL! 8/31/10

Ok the body shop I took my car to is 9hours away. It is AMD's installation center. Anyway the guy called me and told me he could save me some money. He said he will be able to save left side quarter panel and just put a lower patch in. He told me this after I agreed to the higher price! Amazing! Im saving almost 700.00 dollars. Honest guys. He also stated that Mopar Action magazine is going to use my car for there tech section of the magazine. I guess it will be on bodywork or something. Not sure what month yet but I thought that was kind of cool. As soon as I get pictures I will put them on.

That's terrific news all around Tod! There really is still honesty in the world once in awhile ... awesome that it comes from your body shop guy.

Hey you can use the $700 to buy a few extra copies of the magazine. LOL

Keep us posted on the progress. Can't wait to see it done either. Now that I think of it, I can't wait to see my contribution to the car being done too. ;-) I'll call you to talk about your colors shortly.

RIGHT ON!!! CONGRATS!:cheers:

I made it in this Decembers issue of Mopar Muscle Magazine.....so looksl ike there will be a few fabo members representing nationwide!.

you might luck out and get some freebies or something for being in the mag? good luck!

Started building the engine today. Installed my speedpro rings on my SRP pistons with eagle rods. If the day goes right I will try to get the crank and pistons installed today! Ha ha didnt even think about it but I have my new forabodiesonly shirt on lol.:cheers:

-
Back