My 1972 Dodge demon resto begins!

-
Car looks fine to me. Why fix something that aint broke. Years ago my buddy took a nice running, driving, 71 Demon apart. I told him he made a mistake, and he was pissed at me. Guess who ended up with the car, still in pieces a few years later. Me. Not trying to be rude or opinionated, but you could be enjoying it instead of wrenching on it. Are you rich or just bored? Jason Cunningham. Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

Car looks fine to me. Why fix something that aint broke. Years ago my buddy took a nice running, driving, 71 Demon apart. I told him he made a mistake, and he was pissed at me. Guess who ended up with the car, still in pieces a few years later. Me. Not trying to be rude or opinionated, but you could be enjoying it instead of wrenching on it. Are you rich or just bored? Jason Cunningham. Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

This was my initial thought back when it was first mentioned he was putting on a resto.

BUT he has proven the complete opposite!

he is getting it done and its looking great....and who cares anyhow, its his car.....some people like taking pride in saying " I built that ".

I say good work and keep it up....its looking sweet!

Jason no worries no offense taken here. If you read the thread there have been many problems found such as 3 different quarter panels put on the right side alone were found.No Im not rich wish I was. I do have the luxury of owning a Dart Sport, and a Duster which are in my avatar so I drive those.

I know what your going through on color choice. It is hard trying to decide on a color. The problem I had and have is that you pick a color and then see it on another car. You don't want a clone so you look on. There are some really cool colors on todays cars with alot more Metalic and flip flops and then add the Clear. My other Duster is stuck with EV2 orange because of the EV2 interior. But for My Demon I want something different. But not a color it wouldnt have came just an upgraded mix. The new blue on the Mazda is I catching also the red on the 93 Cobra. My one Duster is painted 80's Ford bright orange. When at a show it stands out like a pumkin in a pepper patch. It looks like a mopar color Its just alot brighter then a mopar orange in the sun and under lights. This is just my opinion since your building it Personalize it. Demons have racey graphics . Pick a racey color. I picked my orange for my Duster at a local circle track under the lights. Couldn't wait to go to the pits and and ask him the shade of Orange it was.

We're doing a resto on a '71 Demon. We went plum crazy purple and have a black vinyl top. Looks really nice...

Flyinbryan sounds like where Im going with this. I dont think Ill go with the original plum puple. I will likely look for a more higher impact purple. It will look good though.

Jason no worries no offense taken here. If you read the thread there have been many problems found such as 3 different quarter panels put on the right side alone were found.No Im not rich wish I was. I do have the luxury of owning a Dart Sport, and a Duster which are in my avatar so I drive those Slappy, thanks for replying. I looked further into your thread, and realized I was too quick to judge your decision to resto the Demon. Should have looked further than the first pics. I know looks can be deceiving. My pal and I looked at a 1968 Dart GTS 383 recently that looked great from afar but under the fresh white paint job was another story. Was thinking about trading my 70 340 Swinger for it. Lots of cobbled together cars around. Just ask me. I've owned a few over the years. Jason Cunningham. Calgary,Alberta,Canada.

Nice car, looks like your doing a great job. I saw a pic you posted with that miloden oil pan, you will have to grind some on the passenger side of the K frame where the oil pan flares out on the front. keep up the good work

Nice car, looks like your doing a great job. I saw a pic you posted with that miloden oil pan, you will have to grind some on the passenger side of the K frame where the oil pan flares out on the front. keep up the good work

As Tod's powder coater, I'm probably as devastated by that news as he is right now. GRIND ON "MY" FULLY RESTORED AND HEAVILY DEBURRED K-FRAME??? You've got to be kidding me!!

And the weekend was going so well dammit. :protest::protest::protest:

Yeah Im not sure what to do about it Leanna. The oil pan was 310.00 and I cant send it back. Guess ill have to cross that bridge when I get to it. Urgh!

Nooooo, we'll cross that bridge when you come to it. I'm not abandoning you on this one. This is an experience I'll learn from.

working on getting the engine done. Heads on. Intake just sitting on there. have some questions about fuel pump eccentric that need to be answered before installing the rest. I have it up in another thread. So if you know the answers please help lol. Look at Leannas nice powder coat job on the intake.

Attachments

• 051.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 729
  • 052.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 771
  • 056.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 754
Tod, Billy just tried to call you about your fuel pump eccentric; he left a message on your voice mail. Give him a call when you read this!

Intake isnt bolted down because I need to measure for push rods. Thats my next step.

Attachments

• 060.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 775
  • 062.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 746
  • 061.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 752
  • 059.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 759
Very nice Demon. I have a 340 Demon that I'm trying to get painted. I live up in Springfield VA. Both my sons live in Fredricksburg. I'm looking for a good stock hood, any leads? I have a six pak hood on it now. Going back to stock. Thanks, Tom Bridges.

Tom I would look at Carlisle this year. Im going and would be happy to pick one up for you as long as you send me with some money.

Jon the car has been in storage during the summer. Im getting back to it soon.

-
Back