My 273 1/4 Mile Time Slip With Video

-

ValiantRacing

Reaction score
I always see a of talk about 273s and the power that put out, they are not a 340/360, but with some hard work they can run pretty good.
This one is built like a stock Commando 273, dome pistons, I do have 318 heads with stock size valves, stock intake, factory carburetor, and .400 lift cam.
It is the most enjoyable 12 second car i have ever driven.

IMG_2248.jpg

Last edited:
Holy cow:thumbsup:. Just guessing, nice and light, a lot of gear and maybe a stick...

Bet it sounded great on that pass.

I always see a of talk about 273s and the power that put out, they are not a 340/360, but with some hard work they can run pretty good.
This one is built like a stock Commando 273, dome pistons, I do have 318 heads with stock size valves, stock intake, factory carburetor, and .400 lift cam.

View attachment 1716169284
Nice! What's the duration, stall, and gears?

Yeah, tell us about your engine build in detail cause your car rocks. Pictures wouldn’t hurt either.

I transplanted a stock Commando 273 into a 68 Barracuda with 3.23 gears, and it was a low 16 second car. Low 12's is amazing!

View attachment 1716169284

Was that the barometer reading. If so wholly mineshaft air.

Yeah, tell us about your engine build in detail cause your car rocks. Pictures wouldn’t hurt either.
well, my thought is, means he mentioned .400 lift, we are talking a stock eliminator set up - almost - as he did say he drives it on the street. Still, a very nice pass. The 1.5 60 ft says we are leaving the line at a lot of RPM with some gear in the rear. But he's done some really cool and fast small block builds, 318's and such

Last edited:
Not that much to tell, no head porting, no trick race parts, just parts it came with, working to get the engine and car to work together. One of the best things I did was install a Daytona Sensors ignition. That help a lot.

IMG_1954.jpeg

Not that much to tell, no head porting, no trick race parts, just parts it came with, working to get the engine and car to work together. One of the best things I did was install a Daytona Sensors ignition. That help a lot.

View attachment 1716169305
By the way, the car is very tastefully done. Colors, wheels, all of it.

beautiful car, excellent times also, 273 can make power, I'm building a 66 dart with 273 and four speed trans, planning on 4.86 gears later on. congrats,

i was on class racer, while back, seen a 65 cuda , 235/273, in os/a, had a 12.90 dial on window, also matt steens 66 valiant in ss/k runs 10.05 @ 131 mph, hmmmm steens is a 235 / 273,

I see you at sonoma, a stocker in other lane, is yours a class legal stocker? if so, excellent, it sounds like a stocker, also seen Sorenson behind the car . i see in your pic is a NS/a car . 12.15 is .85 under index,

Cripes that is BRILLIANT!

I saw a stock 70 Cuda convert run a Twelve with an 318 (and NOS).
Never seen anyone run a 273 in such a cool looking Cuda.

Hats off to you.:usflag:

i was on class racer, while back, seen a 65 cuda , 235/273, in os/a, had a 12.90 dial on window, also matt steens 66 valiant in ss/k runs 10.05 @ 131 mph, hmmmm steens is a 235 / 273,
A very sophisticated 235/273.

-
Back