My 360 build

-
The later starters have a different connector for the solenoid. I am not sure what year they started using them, but my 98 durango had it.

screenshot_20191023-225435_chrome-jpg-jpg.jpg

I would use the type like mopowers showed in post #249,
based on experience with my son Matt's 10.7:1 360.

Like the others, I definitely recommend the newer mini-starters. This one cranks my 10.5 CR 408 just fine and was pretty reasonably priced for a new part. They were excellent to deal with too. Just an option for you.
upload_2021-2-7_18-25-10.png

Like the others, I definitely recommend the newer mini-starters. This one cranks my 10.5 CR 408 just fine and was pretty reasonably priced for a new part. They were excellent to deal with too. Just an option for you.
View attachment 1715685666
Thanks that's awesome thats cheaper than the ones I've seen. They are like 119 at advance

Arrived up here in Michigan in 36 hours from when I hit the order button. I think you're closer to them than I am. Check them out - just an option for a new part.

Thanks bud. The one I have has like a plug in connection like sam posted does it come off too? I will probably just look for a 98 or older lol

No, on the one I showed it won't come off like the others.

Also, those have a smaller motor than the earlier versions. We tried 2 of them, one that I knew was good, and they both struggled to turn over Matt's motor. He ordered one for an 89 d100 and it works fine.

Edit: Matt ordered his from O'Reillys. Rock Auto was cheaper, but if it were to go bad, I figured it would take too long to replace it verses getting one locally.

Last edited:
Arrived up here in Michigan in 36 hours from when I hit the order button. I think you're closer to them than I am. Check them out - just an option for a new part.
Yea I will I think that's the one I will get.

View attachment 1715685666
Man I was waiting till payday to order this starter. (Today) this darn thing went 14 dollars in less than a week. Dangit man. Lol

Yep, if I'm shopping on ebay, online, or at a parts store I just say '94 Dakota 5.2 works perfect every time. Just put a used one on DT.

You just put a starter on DT in 6 or more inches of snow and below 0 weather? You are my hero.
"just" used loosely ..... I went back and looked, it was Oct 31. And only 6" of snow sounds nice

Last edited:
Its funny because I have been using a 1998 dodge ram 1500 for my search a 1994 Dakota starter is cheaper for the same part! Haha

-
Back