my $400 ebay impulse buy. lol

-
A few more;
DSCN2430.jpg

DSCN2431.jpg

DSCN2468.jpg

And finally for now, I drove the car five miles home. It seems to run and drive fine. There are a few issues that need looking at, but not bad. One thing that I really dislike is how on the pass side it looks like the wheel sits to far back in the wheel opening. But I may take care of that soon. The rear springs sag badly, but I will be adding a spring to hopefully make it sit better.

DSCN2496.jpg

Thanks Ross, been playing with it a bit today. I just took it on a run to the store. I really enjoy driving it.

I just sent an Email to the guy I bought it from asking if he has any old photos or can share any stories. Hopefully he will/can.

Great to see the wagon home J. Make it a "mean green" version of this one bud!!

Coronet Wagon 004.jpg

And finally for now, I drove the car five miles home. It seems to run and drive fine. There are a few issues that need looking at, but not bad. One thing that I really dislike is how on the pass side it looks like the wheel sits to far back in the wheel opening. But I may take care of that soon. The rear springs sag badly, but I will be adding a spring to hopefully make it sit better.

DSCN2496.jpg

I see what you mean about the ralleyes, they just look small on that big beautiful wagon. They might look better on mine though.

Not sure anyone cares, but I thought I would post a few new pics of the wagon. :)
IMG_1367-1.jpg

IMG_1366-1.jpg

IMG_1361.jpg

She's a beauty Jeremy. It's just like my dad used to say "fat girls need lovin' too". I enjoyed the ride too. When are you installing the new grille?

Not to criticize, just my opinion, but where is the center caps?
Maybe a wider lower profile tires like a 265/15/50 with white lettering or something.
Thats what I'd do. But thats just me, I get that :)

It's a nice wagon either way! I would have bought it too!

John, I actually put it in last night. I need to do a little modification on the brackets. But dang! makes the car look allot more sinister. Hows the new addition to the family?

340, I happened to be on eBay a few months back and someone had just listed it with a BIN for $80. I didn't really have the money, but it looked so nice in the pics and I knew that was about as cheap as I could ever find one. So I bit the bullet. My friend had the can laying around, so we horse traded a little. Deals do still come up on eBay every now and then.

68, Thanks for the kind words. I will admit that after I put the trim rings on, it looks allot better. But I really want some cragars or T/Q's. But she's coming along. I just wish I had some cash to put in it right now.

Myasylum. The center caps are in my garage. I tried to put them on, but the threads are stripped out pretty badly on two of them and I am putting all or none on. So after I figure out what to do about the threads. They may end up on there. I also have a friend that wants them pretty bad for his Duster, so if I get other wheels for the wagon soon, they will be on an A-body where they belong. :)

Cool wagon.
Put some trailer mirrors on the front fenders, and get a nice hardtop trailer. Then take your six kids, and maid to the grand canyon.
(steer clear of them ghost towns).

Well, went for a drive today to get some pics and went somewhere I shouldn't have. I ended up getting lost and hits some pretty big bumps. Did a little damage to the driver rocket, but it will be an easy fix. I decided I better get a map next time I decide to go up the back country. I will say I was very impressed with the wagon as far as where I took it. I should have taken a few more pics in one place to show what I was up against. It was a dirt road with a several hundred foot drop off on one side and the road actually sloped towards it. Needles to say, I was a bit scared. I doubt I will go up there again, at least in the wagon. I did get some decent pics and I really can't wait till I get a better camera someday. But it was pretty fun overall. Here are a few pics.
DSCN2523.jpg

DSCN2526.jpg

DSCN2530.jpg

DSCN2532.jpg

-
Back