My 64 Dart Vert Project

-
Looks great!Glad to hear you got it fired without to many issues.My 66 Dart should be coming together again(LOL)in the next 2 months.Just on time for race season.
P.S Is your new top black?

Hey Dart4forte,
' restoring my '63 Dart GT convert & looking for a few parts to work with in my restoration. Specifically...I need the L & R rear outer chrome plated potmetal corner trim pieces =connects the top of rear fender stainless to the topwell ('snapstrip') stainless surround. These are p/n 2424116 & 2424117 in my '63 parts book. (Note:These pcs are exclusive only to the Dart model converts.. no 'Cudas or Valiants). If you know of, or happen to have them or want to sell same from your stuff...drop me an e-mail! ...if you need same...let me know too, Layson's, WA state may(?) now have them available.. +/- $79ea side??? If you need yours...still drop me an e-mail either way..as I have a few tips on working with them if redoing your body paint. One of mine was nearly destroyed in a repaint by a previous owner.. Good Luck in your restoration/modification..I look forward to seeing what you are able to create from what you've got today. Thanks, Best to you, BILL-Cols,OH

63-6 DARTConvtTrunkCover.jpg

63MyDartMeDrivewayDay1.jpg

What does this mean? I am involved in hotrods and kustoms as well as early A's. Generally "rat-rod" means unfinished deathtrap. :) Are you thinking mexican blankets and flat-black paint with red wheels?

Great looking Dart. I have lusted for a solid 64 GT 273 pushbutton vert for years.

Hell Fish (Dustin),
Any knowledge of a '63; '64; '65; or '66 Dart Convert of any kind which would be available for 'Donor' parts ??? I'm working on my '63 Dart GT convert & need the L & R rear outer corners of the topwell surround trim. These 2 pieces are chrome plated potmetal exclusive to the Dart cars only...no ' Cudas or Valiant verts. P/N = 2424116 & 2424117 & I could use the Driver's side for sure, the Pass. side if available. Layson's WA state shows them in a repro part, but wanted to see if I could find them OEM from a donor car. I tossed in a photo of the part needed as installed on my car...the other side would, of course, be a mirror image. Thanks, BILL
-Cols, OH

63-6 DARTConvtTrunkCover.jpg

63MyDartMeDrivewayDay1.jpg

The car looks great! The same thing happened to me when I fired the Barracuda for the first time. Those torque converter bolts make a scary noise.

John did you sell the car and did the postman leave you the speedo and yes the 64 Darts came with a power top I have two of them

Sorry for the late. Yes the zero mile speedo is in the car

Looks great!Glad to hear you got it fired without to many issues.My 66 Dart should be coming together again(LOL)in the next 2 months.Just on time for race season.
P.S Is your new top black?
\
The car is an original white on white on gold car. Went with the red interior. The top is white

Hell Fish (Dustin),
Any knowledge of a '63; '64; '65; or '66 Dart Convert of any kind which would be available for 'Donor' parts ??? I'm working on my '63 Dart GT convert & need the L & R rear outer corners of the topwell surround trim. These 2 pieces are chrome plated potmetal exclusive to the Dart cars only...no ' Cudas or Valiant verts. P/N = 2424116 & 2424117 & I could use the Driver's side for sure, the Pass. side if available. Layson's WA state shows them in a repro part, but wanted to see if I could find them OEM from a donor car. I tossed in a photo of the part needed as installed on my car...the other side would, of course, be a mirror image. Thanks, BILL
-Cols, OH

I'll have to look. I think I have a pair that I didn't use. I'm trying to find the piece that goes on the top header that the rubber seal go's on. It secures the front of the top.

Hey Dart4forte,
' restoring my '63 Dart GT convert & looking for a few parts to work with in my restoration. Specifically...I need the L & R rear outer chrome plated potmetal corner trim pieces =connects the top of rear fender stainless to the topwell ('snapstrip') stainless surround. These are p/n 2424116 & 2424117 in my '63 parts book. (Note:These pcs are exclusive only to the Dart model converts.. no 'Cudas or Valiants). If you know of, or happen to have them or want to sell same from your stuff...drop me an e-mail! ...if you need same...let me know too, Layson's, WA state may(?) now have them available.. +/- $79ea side??? If you need yours...still drop me an e-mail either way..as I have a few tips on working with them if redoing your body paint. One of mine was nearly destroyed in a repaint by a previous owner.. Good Luck in your restoration/modification..I look forward to seeing what you are able to create from what you've got today. Thanks, Best to you, BILL-Cols,OH

That is a nice looking 63. Did you have those HL rings re-done?

Hell Fish (Dustin),
-Cols, OH

No, sorry.

Well been making progress. here's some pics from the last two months. Car now has the top, fired the motor and I actually drove it today. I'll post updated pics later

Dart Vert Update.jpg

Dart Vert Update 2.jpg

Dart Vert Update 3.jpg

Dart Vert Update 4.jpg

Dart Vert Update 5.jpg

Dart Vert Update 6.jpg

Ok guys, 99.9% complete sans some of the nit noid things i have to do. Head out to SpringFling next Tuesday.

Dart 1.jpg

Dart2.jpg

Dart3.jpg

Dart4.jpg

I picked up a new set of Cragers with tires off the board back in October so that's what will go on the vert.

Hey, Bro . . . what size are those wheels on your vert? I have the black 64 Dart GT vert and want to get those 13 inchers off . . . fixed the stock brakes and staying with them and keeping the original rear end . . . 14x7 (4.5 inch backspace) 235/60R/14s . . .

I am not sure what I am doing?

Advice?

Are those cragars on your scoot?

Hey, Bro . . . what size are those wheels on your vert? I have the black 64 Dart GT vert and want to get those 13 inchers off . . . fixed the stock brakes and staying with them and keeping the original rear end . . . 14x7 (4.5 inch backspace) 235/60R/14s . . .

I am not sure what I am doing?

Advice?

Are those cragars on your scoot?

I have Cragers on it now. The steels I have on the front of the car in the pic are bent so I'm sending them down to Stockton Wheel to get repaired

I have Cragers on it now. The steels I have on the front of the car in the pic are bent so I'm sending them down to Stockton Wheel to get repaired

I like the steelies look in your pics! But, I think I am going to look for a pre-owned set of Cragars . . . trying to figure 14x7 or 14x6 . . . want to put 235/60R/14s on them . . . seems like the biggest tire I can get on a stock brake wheel well setup without rubbing. I think . . . I am still learning about tires and wheels for this car!

I like the steelies look in your pics! But, I think I am going to look for a pre-owned set of Cragars . . . trying to figure 14x7 or 14x6 . . . want to put 235/60R/14s on them . . . seems like the biggest tire I can get on a stock brake wheel well setup without rubbing. I think . . . I am still learning about tires and wheels for this car!

As soon as I can get my front steelies straightened out the Cragers will come off.

Previous Post: Hell Fish (Dustin),
Any knowledge of a '63; '64; '65; or '66 Dart Convert of any kind which would be available for 'Donor' parts ??? I'm working on my '63 Dart GT convert & need the L & R rear outer corners of the topwell surround trim. These 2 pieces are chrome plated potmetal exclusive to the Dart cars only...no ' Cudas or Valiant verts. P/N = 2424116 & 2424117 & I could use the Driver's side for sure, the Pass. side if available. Layson's WA state shows them in a repro part, but wanted to see if I could find them OEM from a donor car. I tossed in a photo of the part needed as installed on my car...the other side would, of course, be a mirror image. Thanks, BILL-Cols, OH
YOU REPLIED:
"I'll have to look. I think I have a pair that I didn't use. I'm trying to find the piece that goes on the top header that the rubber seal go's on. It secures the front of the top."

Not Sure what piece on the "Front of the top" you're referring to. Can you clarify any
further? Do you mean a rubber seal; a trim piece; or a metal strip to attach to the top?
I drive a '63 and the two cars are escentially twin cars. I am constantly searching out & finding many parts I need & will keep my eyes open on your needs if you can clarify for my purposes. Any part numbers known ? A photo of the part or at least where it attaches, might help in the search. Thanks, BILL-Cols,OH
P.S. Let me know about the p/n 2424116 & 2424117 trim parts you thought you might have extras in stock to sell. Tnks,BB

I'm looking for the piece that runs along the front header on the vert top. It screws into the headers and secures the front seal

I'm sorry guys, I should of shown the final product. here's a pic that was taken when we went down to springfling in Van Nuys last April. I ended up running Cragers during the summer in that I found out the steelies on the front were bent. I recently put the steelies back on and the cragers went back into storage. I have some other pics i'll try and post later. On a side note I am restoring a 71 Road Runner as we speak. It's an original 383 airgrabber car. It will have a 451 stoker and a 4 speed and Dana 60 out back. I am still working on the other 64 post Dart.

Attachments

• Dart on Friday Cruise.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 133
-
Back