My 67 AAR notchback pics.

-
I have messed with mine and I'm still not totally happy with it. It's close and it stops fairly well.
I have Stock disks up front with the Wilwood disks outback. They are the drag version and have thin rotors. Upgrading them is on my to do list as I don't think they will last long on the street.

Thanks fella's.

I am getting an itch to find another project car and will take just as much time with it as I have with this car.
I know, I should have kept my 71 swinger, but ya know, life goes on.

I am really enjoying the hell out of this Barracuda but one thing I really need to do is upgrade my braking system.

I am not happy with the feel I have from the Master power brake manual 4 wheel disk set up.
I may contact them to see if they offer a beefier bolt on upgrade that will give me some better bite as it gets scary sometimes when someone does a last minute turn in front of me, and I can't stop as fast as I would like.

I would run a power assist but I don't produce enough vacuum and would probably need a aux pump to make that happen.

I upgraded to hydroboost power assist brakes, as mine had 4 wheel manual drum brakes and it was like trying to stop the flinestone car! I just gotta get scarebird's disc kit and it will be great. was on a very tight budget and it worked perfectly. I wouldnt change a thing with your car though, its a work of art and very tidy!

This is definately one of my favorites, what size bore do you have on your master? switching to a smaller bore will increase your brake pressure significantly.

To be totally honest, I don't know the bore size.

I think it's a manual disk master from an Imperial as I did not like nor want to use the GM junk style one that came with the package.

Tell me more about this hydroboost system, can you provide any links?

Maybe check out the Red Bore master cylinder from just suspension

I love how your car looks...the paint, the stance, the hood, the wheel choice, and especially the dash upgrades. I won't copy the paint or the wheels, and I'll go big block instead...but otherwise your car is my inspiration to get another notchback.

Before I had that black fastback in my avatar ('90 to '95), I was in the process of collecting parts for a B3 blue '69 notchback I had. I had a dana 60 with 4.56 sure grip, 18 spline B body 4 speed, brand new vertigate shifter (car was a /6 3 speed on column), 15 x 10 and 15 x 4 Cragar Super Tricks, leaf spring relocation kit, ss a-body springs, all new front end pieces from '73 Duster rebuilt and ready to swap, and a vintage DC B/RB engine swap K- member blasted clean and powder coated black. I had a virgin '68 440 sitting on the stand, and was in process of collecting engine parts for a nasty high compression roller cam beast for the street. Would have been a blast I think.

The fastback was a friend's car, and it became available, so I sold the '69 and all the parts in order to buy it asap. While I ended up with a very quick (high 11.9s to 12.1s on pump gas, shifting at 5200) 440/727 cuda after a few tweaks and upgrades, I kinda regret not following up with my original plan.

Many years later and it's time to get back into Mopars. In particular, a notchback cuda built pretty much how I originally wanted to do it back then. I've still got the Super Tricks, and I bought a really nice 400 to build. On the hunt for a decent solid shell to work with...

Here's a video you had on youtube at one time, found it on one of my old hard drives recently and uploaded it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2WvF-UdC8o"]YouTube- 67 barracuda coupe.flv[/ame]

If you want it removed lemme know and it's done.

Here's a video you had on youtube at one time, found it on one of my old hard drives recently and uploaded it.

YouTube- 67 barracuda coupe.flv

Yeah, that was one of my very first maiden voyages up my street with a borrowed, not tuned too wel holley double pumper and open headers.
My neighbors sure loved me back then ha, ha.

YouTube- 67 barracuda coupe.flv

Just curious if anyone saved the "Roc and roll losers" vid I posted a while back jammin on the fender strat with my buddy, I somehow deleted it forever from my computer.

AWESOME build cudaspaz, thats the coolest looking notchback I've ever seen... love the e-brake handle..

Your notch is very nice. Did you think about a AAR style Scoop to complete the theme? Here is my notch in one of it's configurations. It worked with the Big Block, but everyone would look for the Hemi with this scoop. So then I went with the slant and used this scoop.

Wow!!!! Nicest notchback I have ever seen. I have been on the fence of what to do with mine as to make it look original or wild like yours.........you are making my decision a little easier.........or alot harder. Nice job on that beauty!

That offset shaker is outrageous!!!!!!!! :toothy10::toothy10:

But I still LOVE the "Spaz-mobile"..........Best Cuda out there, in my humble opinion.

absolutely awesome car, love the stripe, engine, color everything, really loving the gauges, what brand are they, any links? i love the somewhat original look but updated fashion, better then just 4 regular sized gauges, you get them all in one!:cheers:

-
Back